Omg. Do I Need To Cancel My Dynasty Purchase?

Nona

Hi all,

Since seeing the Dynasty Nautilus Double lounger spa at a home show I've been in love with it.

I searched around a bit for any other double loungers, but couldn't find any.

So I just put a down payment for a floor model Nautilus 42 Double Lounger.

NAUTILUS_42_ST_09.gif

It wasn't until today that I thought about finding a forum about hot tubs to make prepare for anything to watch out for during installation or mainteince.

NOWWW...I see so many posts about staying away from Dynasty. I'm so broken hearted. What are the reasons? Bad customer service, warranty repair ...what gives?

Does anyone know of other manufacture that offers a double lounger?

Thanks,

Nona

I have not had any experience with Dynasty Spas so I will not comment on them. As far as double lounger spas, Arctic manufactures one know as the Klondiker. I purchased an Arctic Tundra a couple of years ago and have had a positive experience with their quality and efficiency.

Dimension One also has a double lounger in their Reflections line. I don't remember the name, but you can search online at their website.

I have not had any experience with Dynasty Spas so I will not comment on them. As far as double lounger spas, Arctic manufactures one know as the Klondiker. I purchased an Arctic Tundra a couple of years ago and have had a positive experience with their quality and efficiency.

Hi all,

Since seeing the Dynasty Nautilus Double lounger spa at a home show I've been in love with it.

NAUTILUS_42_ST_09.gif

It wasn't until today that I thought about finding a forum about hot tubs to make prepare for anything to watch out for during installation or mainteince.

NOWWW...I see so many posts about staying away from Dynasty. I'm so broken hearted. What are the reasons? Bad customer service, warranty repair ...what gives?

Thanks,

Nona

I consider Dynasty to be a middle of the road spa. there are better ones and there are worse ones. One of the brands I sell is Shoreline which is made by Dynasty and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I can't comment on the efficiency yet as I have not had any go through a full winter but for the money I think they are a pretty good spa that give you a lot of features. We have only had one service call and it was for a power supply for a stereo and the replacement part arrived in two days which is good. If you have a 5 year warranty I think year 4 and 5 are prorated so I would check on that. If you like the spa and are comfortable with the dealer, I personally would not have a problem buying a Dynasty. However, if you decide to look elsewhere, Arctic, Cal, Coast, Marquis and D1 all make double lounger spas.

Hi all,

NAUTILUS_42_ST_09.gif

Thanks,

Nona

With neck collars and those confining loungers make sure you sit in it because it would be a shame if the spa you fell in love with didn't fit you. Dynasty is a fine middle of the road tub as long as your paying that for it.

That Neptune series still has the raised speakers. It plays hell with covers. You never get an absolute seal. Outside of that, I've always thought that even though it's mid-range you get a lot of spa for the money when you buy a Dynasty.

Oh wow. tons of replies. Thanks all for taking the time to post your ideas.

First...Why a double lounger? Well it's for my honey and I. I don't wanna have to share the cool seat. So I figure it's the best of both worlds. Either of us can lounge if we want and not if we don't. No restriction there.

I searched the various manufacture sites I saw recommended, but I didn't see any double loungers. However, I'll search again, maybe I'm expecting it to look a certain way.

@Shaamus, what happends when you don't get a good seal due to the high speakers?

@hottubdan, you know...I should do just that (a wet test). I've done a dry test...twice, acutally 3 times. But, I really don't want to be disappointed if I don't fit when the water is added. Too much money not to take a 10 min test.

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Nona

Oh wow. tons of replies. Thanks all for taking the time to post your ideas.

First...Why a double lounger? Well it's for my honey and I. I don't wanna have to share the cool seat. So I figure it's the best of both worlds. Either of us can lounge if we want and not if we don't. No restriction there.

I searched the various manufacture sites I saw recommended, but I didn't see any double loungers. However, I'll search again, maybe I'm expecting it to look a certain way.

@Shaamus, what happends when you don't get a good seal due to the high speakers?

@hottubdan, you know...I should do just that (a wet test). I've done a dry test...twice, acutally 3 times. But, I really don't want to be disappointed if I don't fit when the water is added. Too much money not to take a 10 min test.

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Nona

I'd bet anything after awhile you'll wish you got a single lounge spa at most even if you liking the lounges, which may or may not be the case. There is a reason there are few double lounge spas out there, a single lounge spa is not for all (lounges don't fit everyone) let alone having two of them which is crazy IMO and lounges take up a lot of space as well. I would never get a single lounge spa without wet testing it first and I would never get a double lounge spa even if I wet tested it and liked it (just my opinion of course)

RE: Lounges

I find that about half of my customers don't care for lounges. The other half either have to have them, or could care less. You have to be sort of careful with a lounge seat. Keep in mind that a lounge seat takes up space for 2 people (2 seats). So you can't pack as many folks in the spa (if that's even important to you).

It's best to sit in it dry to make sure you even like it's form. But it's even better to sit in one wet to see if you even like a lounge!

Keep in mind that some people (a lot of time small women) cannot sit in a lounge without feeling like they are floating out of the seat (especially with jets on). So it's important to see if a lounge "fits you" in more ways than one. :)

With those two lounges, and the narrow foot/leg room space in those other three seats, I think I'd call that a comfortable 3 person spa. Even though it has 5 seats. But that's all based on the photo alone. :)

Just make sure you really want a lounge before you get two of them!

i've got a lounger and it's great. double Lounger? Hmmmmm. As spa tech mentioned that can eat up a lot of real estate int the tub. I'd be inclined to go with varietey of seats and jets. Over the years, my favortie seat has changed and it's always nice to have a choice of different jetting and positions depending upon my aches and pains, and desires. But if yu absolutely love the double lounger, then go for it.

The bottom line is you need to WET test (not sit in the thing dry, but get in filled with water). Shop around and try diffent styles and models and get a good relatie sense of what fits you, what you prefer and what's on the market for your price range.

i've got a lounger and it's great. double Lounger? Hmmmmm. As spa tech mentioned that can eat up a lot of real estate int the tub. I'd be inclined to go with varietey of seats and jets. Over the years, my favortie seat has changed and it's always nice to have a choice of different jetting and positions depending upon my aches and pains, and desires. But if yu absolutely love the double lounger, then go for it.

The bottom line is you need to WET test (not sit in the thing dry, but get in filled with water). Shop around and try diffent styles and models and get a good relatie sense of what fits you, what you prefer and what's on the market for your price range.

The difference is you love your lounger based on EXPERINCE from wet testing/using it. The OP loves the IDEA of a double lounger, huge difference as I know you know.

I only had limited time in loungers but of the few I have tried I found that almost all of them lift you out of the seat due to the natural buoyancy of the human body in water, so only the mildest amount of jet pressure could/can be used. There are some loungers which are more like chairs than loungers which offer a similar experience but I don't know if the Dynasty falls into that category.

The D1 Amore spa looks like it offers a similar experience to 2 full loungers but in a more conventional chair type position. Might be worth considering.

amorebay.jpg

Dynasty are a total nightmare!!!! I have 5 customers here i do service for that bought from a dealer that went bankrupt... just garbage, one customer had 2 leaks, a heater and a control failure, one had the mazi leak, pump head crack due to insanely tight plumbing, two leaks, and a control failure, the third has mazi failure, two control failures, and a leaking diverter, he also just called me to say the spa has dumped all of its water but when i informed him i would no longer do warranty work and he would have to pay up front and get it back from Dynasty i referred him to another guy This is all in one year and i say this first hand... verifiable fact!!!

They are a nightmare, never return calls, you have to chase them for everything, and I never get paid for the work... STAY AWAY!!!!! The insulation is crap, the skirt is cheap brittle plastic, I can't say worse of any company I have had the displeasure of working with in over 20 years...