Sundance Maxxus Vs. Arctic Klondiker Le

Hello everybody. I need some help in choosing my perfect spa :). We have narrowed our choice down to Sundance Maxxus and Arctic Klondiker. We live in CA with no real winter so we don't care much if it's FF or TP. We definitely want to have a lounger but my husband is 6'2 and I am 5'4 and it would be difficult to find the right lounger to fit us both. That's why we like the Klondiker. We have only one Arctic dealer nearby and they don't have this model in stock to wet test. It could take us two months or more before we can wet test it. Maxxus is much easier to find but its lounger seams to be too short for my husband and too big for me. Also I am not sure which one is better built. We talked to one Sundance dealer who begged us not to buy Arctic because of its lower quality. Well, that Arctic guy I spoke with was telling the same thing about Sundance, Cal Spa and some others. Does someone have an opinion about which one is better?

Thanks!

The Sundance is by far the better of the two. I have been a Sundance service tech and owner of a sundance for 11 years and I also have serviced the Artic line here in Ohio. The thing that makes Sundance better is the fact that they manufacture their own products were Artic and other brands use different equipment made by other companies. I hope thi helps.

The Sundance is by far the better of the two. I have been a Sundance service tech and owner of a sundance for 11 years and I also have serviced the Artic line here in Ohio. The thing that makes Sundance better is the fact that they manufacture their own products were Artic and other brands use different equipment made by other companies. I hope thi helps.

I agree if you had to make a choice between the two I would go for Sundance...

Thank you for your comments. I am wondering if we should check some other brands too. We are looking for the best therapeutic spa which could accomodate a tall person as well as a shorter one.

Hmmmm.... are you looking for a lounge or no lounge?? I'm 5'4 1/2 and I love my lounge but if I fill the water level to high then I float. Did you look into the Limelight Pulse? I just looked that up on the web and it looks like it has different heights for its seats and that might help a lot but it doesn't have a lounge. What dealers are close by?

But proprietary parts can be difficult and more expensive to obtain after the warranty for the normal joe.

Thank you for your comments. I am wondering if we should check some other brands too. We are looking for the best therapeutic spa which could accomodate a tall person as well as a shorter one.

Hmmmm.... are you looking for a lounge or no lounge?? I'm 5'4 1/2 and I love my lounge but if I fill the water level to high then I float. Did you look into the Limelight Pulse? I just looked that up on the web and it looks like it has different heights for its seats and that might help a lot but it doesn't have a lounge. What dealers are close by?

Sundance and Arctic are considered to be two of the better brands available today. I don't agree with the other posters that the Sundance is far better then the Arctic. You really cant go wrong with either one. To the OP, I can see your point about the Klondiker with the dual loungers. With you being shorted and your husband being taller, this really could be a good option to go with. There aren't many spas like the Klondiker out there. It is a very comfortable spa, but I would still recommend wet testing before you buy. But, either way, good luck in your search for the perfect spa!

We THINK we want a lounge. Or at least a very reclined seat.

And I think we have all major dealers nearby (Hot Spring, Cal Spa, Caldera, Master, etc.)

Sundance and Arctic are considered to be two of the better brands available today. I don't agree with the other posters that the Sundance is far better then the Arctic. You really cant go wrong with either one. To the OP, I can see your point about the Klondiker with the dual loungers. With you being shorted and your husband being taller, this really could be a good option to go with. There aren't many spas like the Klondiker out there. It is a very comfortable spa, but I would still recommend wet testing before you buy. But, either way, good luck in your search for the perfect spa!

Thank you! I am trying to get as much information as I can to see if it worth to wait for two months to test that spa. I've read some pretty different reviews about the Arctic.

Thank you! I am trying to get as much information as I can to see if it worth to wait for two months to test that spa. I've read some pretty different reviews about the Arctic.

My neighbor owns an Artic and he likes it... I just don't like hearing the noise when its cleaning, heating or when they are using it. Sounds like a plane is about to take off!! But I do live in a cookie cutter neighboorhood where the houses are stacked on top of eachother. But that's just my opinion and experience.

We THINK we want a lounge. Or at least a very reclined seat.

And I think we have all major dealers nearby (Hot Spring, Cal Spa, Caldera, Master, etc.)

I'd flat out skip Master and be leery of Cal, the other two are very good options IMO. Sundance is a good brand though I'm not a fan of the Maxxus because or a huge spa it really only seats 4 (for some that's fine but I'd just want to be able to seat 6 comfortably in a spa that big). Arctic is certainly worth looking at though I couldn't tell you the difference between a Klondiker and a Yukon Cornelius.

Tried to reach the Arctic sales rep today with no luck! I came to the dealership this morning, talked to their customer service who couldn't answer my questions, gave them my phone number so their sales rep would call me - still no call. Should I stop here?

If you would like I can have the D1 Rep give you a call and see if he can assist you with checking out a Sarena or Amore Bay, shoot me a PM with your contact information and I will have someone contact you.

d1dennis2009

Hi there,

Please call me directly, at 1-800-309-1744, x329. I'll get you the help you are looking for...

Thanks,

Vern

Vern Nelson

North America Factory Sales Rep

Blue Falls Manufacturing - Manufacturer of

Arctic Spa®, Coyote Spa®, Apollo Spa®, Guild Billiards and Arctic Gazebos

vnelson@goarctic.com

www.goarctic.com

1-800-309-1744 x329

Tried to reach the Arctic sales rep today with no luck! I came to the dealership this morning, talked to their customer service who couldn't answer my questions, gave them my phone number so their sales rep would call me - still no call. Should I stop here?

Yeah I would personally quit... When you buy a spa you don't just buy the tub you also buy the dealer. Sounds like they have poor follow up. If thats the case just imagine if you purchased through them and you had a problem with your spa! There are even getting back to you and you are a potential sale!!

Hi there,

Please call me directly, at 1-800-309-1744, x329. I'll get you the help you are looking for...

Thanks,

Vern

Vern Nelson

North America Factory Sales Rep

Blue Falls Manufacturing - Manufacturer of

Arctic Spa®, Coyote Spa®, Apollo Spa®, Guild Billiards and Arctic Gazebos

vnelson@goarctic.com

www.goarctic.com

1-800-309-1744 x329

Thanks, Vern. I think I'd rather stay away from this tub. We have only one dealer in our area (http://www.geremiapools.com/). The next one is 5 hours away. If this dealer is ignoring prospective buyers (still no call from the sales rep)what kind of service I should expect after I paid for the tub?

Yeah I would personally quit... When you buy a spa you don't just buy the tub you also buy the dealer. Sounds like they have poor follow up. If thats the case just imagine if you purchased through them and you had a problem with your spa! There are even getting back to you and you are a potential sale!!

Yep! Exactly my point!

If you would like I can have the D1 Rep give you a call and see if he can assist you with checking out a Sarena or Amore Bay, shoot me a PM with your contact information and I will have someone contact you.

d1dennis2009

Thanks, Dennis. The D1 rep told me Amore bay is coming in 3 weeks. He also said he'll refer us to local Sarena owners so we could try the tub.