Hot Springs Model Rankings

So it seems Hot Springs has a bunch of different brands.

Hot Springs

Tiger River

Hot Spot

Limelight

Are they ranked. IE Hot Springs better than Tiger River better than Hot Spot better than Limelight? If so what order do you think they should be in.

Or is it something else to differentiate the lines that I do not see. I keep reading that they all use similar parts.

Going cross-eyed trying to keep all the models in my head.

Hot Springs

Tiger River

Hot Spot

Limelight

Are they ranked. IE Hot Springs better than Tiger River better than Hot Spot better than Limelight? If so what order do you think they should be in.

Or is it something else to differentiate the lines that I do not see. I keep reading that they all use similar parts.

Hi,

No questions asked, Hot Springs is top on the list. Best warranty and best features (only spa with the great Moto Massage, no by-pass filtration, standard Ozone, etc..).

Second is kind of a tie between Tiger River and Limelight. Maybe others can shed more info on this. Both have a 3 year warranty. I thought the TR Caspian was a really nice middle of the line spa. TR is more traditional and a good value, while Limelight is their new flashy line and Watkins answer to the similar looking spas coming on the market at low prices. They are not USA made, though, like the others are.

Hot Spot, while a good value is at the bottom. Same 3 year warranty as the other 2, but fewer jets and features.....friend of mine has a Sorrento. While it has been trouble free and economical to run, it's a decent tub but no comparison compared to my HS Vanguard by a mile. But also cost a lot less, too.

Don't be afraid to shop around, either. Found a huge range of prices from dealer to dealer on the same tub. Got my Hot Spring Vanguard for almost the same other dealers were asking for a Limelight or Tiger River....also you MUST wet test before buying.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps....

Randy

I don't sell there brand but . they are made by watkins manufacturing

hot springs

caldera

limelight

tiger river

hot spot

i think this is how they would rank.....not sure!!!

Jeremiah if he sells there line he lurks around here quite a bit if he is on here he will tell us .....

all are very good lines....

I don't sell there brand but . they are made by watkins manufacturing

hot springs

caldera

limelight

tiger river

hot spot

i think this is how they would rank.....not sure!!!

Jeremiah if he sells there line he lurks around here quite a bit if he is on here he will tell us .....

all are very good lines....

I would say it's more like

Dimension One

Hot Springs

Caldera

Limelight

Tiger River

Hot Spot

Ooops did I leave anyone out?

Hot Springs

Tiger River

Hot Spot

Limelight

Hot springs is there top of the line and have the moto massage options.

Tiger river and Limelight are about the same. All the improvements seem to be made to limelight line. There are always talking about dropping the Tiger River line but never happens. I also find the limelight spas more comfortable with better jet locations then the Hot Spring models. Hot Spot and Solana are the basic spas they make although they are made the same way except many models for these two use jet pump and fast flo heater instead of the circ pump and some can ran off 120 volts.

Caldera spas are alos made by watkins Manufacturing which is owned by Masco Corp.

They is alot of parts the are interchangable between product lines and most of the product in made Mexico.

Hot Springs

Tiger River

Hot Spot

Limelight

Hot springs is there top of the line and have the moto massage options.

Tiger river and Limelight are about the same. All the improvements seem to be made to limelight line. There are always talking about dropping the Tiger River line but never happens. I also find the limelight spas more comfortable with better jet locations then the Hot Spring models. Hot Spot and Solana are the basic spas they make although they are made the same way except many models for these two use jet pump and fast flo heater instead of the circ pump and some can ran off 120 volts.

Caldera spas are alos made by watkins Manufacturing which is owned by Masco Corp.

They is alot of parts the are interchangable between product lines and most of the product in made Mexico.

Hot Spring is made in Vista, CA, still in USA. Others made in Mexico, to same ISO standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Watkins Manufacturing doesn't make Dimension One just to make that clear up Roger's list up above.

Feature level wise here's how I'd list them.

Hot Spring

Caldera

Tiger River = Limelight

Hot Spot (mid to large size)

Solana (small models)

The Tiger River spas are built just like the Hot Spring models always were (full-insulated with closed cell foam, pressure treated wood structure, etc) and use the same mechanics but don't have the no-bypass filter system. The Limelight spas use a different structure, but mechanically are identical to the Tiger River spas. The Limelight product is the newer line and so it has some newer updates.

I don't sell the Caldera spas, but feature wise I think they're a more feature rich spa than the Tiger River & Limelight models.

Watkins Manufacturing doesn't make Dimension One just to make that clear up Roger's list up above.

I tryed to make that clear in my joke but I guess I didn't. Some times we assume to much. Sorry Jerry.

Stick to plumbing and hot tub repair. I'm not sure you'd make it in comedy or as a Costco purchasing agent.

Ha thats funny. Ya know the thing is I am a purchasing agent in my real job. I don't do much if any field work and mostly soften my butt with an office chair. But my primary functions are fleet and equipment managment which purchasing is a big part of. I buy a couple million dollars a year worth of tools, consumables and equipment for our field people.....LOL with someone elses money!!!

I could spend Costco money just fine. I would highly recommend they avoid the hot tub market though. Funny they haven't with there past history to date.

Stick to plumbing and hot tub repair. I'm not sure you'd make it in comedy or as a Costco purchasing agent.

Ha thats funny. Ya know the thing is I am a purchasing agent in my real job. I don't do much if any field work and mostly soften my butt with an office chair. But my primary functions are fleet and equipment managment which purchasing is a big part of. I buy a couple million dollars a year worth of tools, consumables and equipment for our field people.....LOL with someone elses money!!!

I could spend Costco money just fine. I would highly recommend they avoid the hot tub market though. Funny they haven't with there past history to date.

Lol, I knew that but purchasing for Costco would be just a bit different I'm sure.

"Thanks for your opinion Roger but we're still going with the lowest bidder so if you want to keep your job call the guy in Broomfield back and let him know he's got the contract".

Lol, I knew that but purchasing for Costco would be just a bit different I'm sure.

"Thanks for your opinion Roger but we're still going with the lowest bidder so if you want to keep your job call the guy in Broomfield back and let him know he's got the contract".

The lowest bidder most likely missed something or skimmped to get the job done. And most likely there will be an EWO just to feel satisfied. I though you knew that. Broomfield is out, theres some bad blood. My fault, I didn't agree.