Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

See this is a perfect example of what I described. I didnt say anything about your purchase.

That was in response to this

"Look I realize nobody likes to be told that the product they purchased is not a good product."

Sounds like "saying" something about the spa I bought to me, but what do I know.... :huh:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to see the numbers. Costco has over 400 stores in the USA. Last year my local Costco was allotted 100 of the Elite Spas according to the manager. I believe they sold them all because my sister-in-law wanted one in late summer and they told her they had sold-out for the year. She called all the Costco stores within 100 miles (4, I think) and they told her the same. I have no way of knowing if all the stores received the same allotment, but if so, that would be a lot of spas.

NightRyder

There is a very easy way to tell. Numbers are issued to our industry from each of the manufacturers and the totals are given out at the end of the year.

That was in response to this

"Look I realize nobody likes to be told that the product they purchased is not a good product."

Sounds like "saying" something about the spa I bought to me, but what do I know.... :huh:

And my statement was in reference to firstimers comments.

Are they available on-line?

NightRyder

Not that I know of. I'm looking right now to see if I can find the last report that I had.

It would be interesting to see the numbers. Costco has over 400 stores in the USA. Last year my local Costco was allotted 100 of the Elite Spas according to the manager. I believe they sold them all because my sister-in-law wanted one in late summer and they told her they had sold-out for the year. She called all the Costco stores within 100 miles (4, I think) and they told her the same. I have no way of knowing if all the stores received the same allotment, but if so, that would be a lot of spas.

NightRyder

Costco is actually a small player overall but a decent sized player in the entry level or $5k & under group if you were to look at it that way but even there it's not like they have a big chunk of the industry. You're store may have sold 100 and that may seem like it tells you something but it's amazing how many spas are sold in the US and Canada every year.

Costco is actually a small player overall but a decent sized player in the entry level or $5k & under group if you were to look at it that way but even there it's not like they have a big chunk of the industry. You're store may have sold 100 and that may seem like it tells you something but it's amazing how many spas are sold in the US and Canada every year.

Thats true especially when you consider that in most major cities there are independent dealers that will sell between 300 and 600 spas from one store in a year. Then consider that in each of those major markets there are probably a few large dealers.

Even if you only considered the small dealers across the country Costcos numbers would be small in comparison.

NightRyder

The costco by my house in Folsom California has them in stock all the time. They dont seem to be selling well. Maybe becasue most of the people around this part of town believen in buying quality the first time around and wont be miconcieved that saving a thousand dollars from a cal down the street is worth the pain in the butt to deal witht that thing. I dont know but I have looked at them many times in the last couple of months, seems to be the exact same spas in the exact same spot. I can tell becasue there is one with the speaker hanging out in the same spot every time. I took a peek inside the cabinet that way.

NightRyder

That is just a drop in the bucket as far as spa sales is concerned. I work at a small retail store in an off the beaten track location, and we sold 350 HotSpring spas last year. There are currently over 750 HotSpring dealers in this country alone, granted some sell less but some also sell alot more. Now take the other 150 manufacturers of spas in this country and you can start talking numbers, big ones.

Hello all,

Just joined and read this whole thread. I just want to add my 2 cents. I am VERY happy with my platinum spa II. I've had it for a few months now and use it 6 times a week. I agree with some here that the insulation inside could be better. I live in Arizona so I am not worried. If I lived up north, I would add fiberglass insulation or something. The power of the jets is awesome...they can literally push you out of your seat under full blast!!! The stereo is better than I thought and the subwoofer is a nice touch. For $4,000 you can't go wrong even if it lasts 5 years.

I do have a question....(PLATINUM II SERIES)

Does anyone know how to adjust the TIMES the spa goes into fitration cycle? I hear my spa kick in in the middle of the night (right outside my bedroom window) I want it to kick in like 10:00 pm and or 7:00 am. Can this be done? How does it time itself????

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello all,

Just joined and read this whole thread. I just want to add my 2 cents. I am VERY happy with my platinum spa II. I've had it for a few months now and use it 6 times a week. I agree with some here that the insulation inside could be better. I live in Arizona so I am not worried. If I lived up north, I would add fiberglass insulation or something. The power of the jets is awesome...they can literally push you out of your seat under full blast!!! The stereo is better than I thought and the subwoofer is a nice touch. For $4,000 you can't go wrong even if it lasts 5 years.

Does anyone know how to adjust the TIMES the spa goes into fitration cycle? I hear my spa kick in in the middle of the night (right outside my bedroom window) I want it to kick in like 10:00 pm and or 7:00 am. Can this be done? How does it time itself????

Thanks,

Kevin

One more satisfied customer and still no complaints from someone who actually owns one.

One more satisfied customer and still no complaints from someone who actually owns one.

Good thing for your theory that there aren't more of those owners that come to these sites as I've seen so few buy from the big box stores and come to these sites. Go to Dr Spa's site and read about what Footsie (might be Footsiebianca or something like that) went through when she had problems. It was a nightmare of phone calls, false promises and having to get a high up person at Costco (or Home Depot or one of those) involved to make the manufacturer come through, at least partially. If the spa holds up and you insulate it better then it can be a decent deal. You will not be a happy camper when you start to have issues as she did. I think it took 6 months and MANY ignored pleas and false promises before they finally sent her the parts she needed so her husband could fix the spa (not sure what happened to them sending out a tech). That is something you won't go through when you buy a premium spa (not counting Cal Spas of course). Now everyone won't go through this much pain but then again, everyone won't be issue free as you've been either.

Good thing for your theory that there aren't more of those owners that come to these sites as I've seen so few buy from the big box stores and come to these sites. Go to Dr Spa's site and read about what Footsie (might be Footsiebianca or something like that) went through when she had problems. It was a nightmare of phone calls, false promises and having to get a high up person at Costco (or Home Depot or one of those) involved to make the manufacturer come through, at least partially. If the spa holds up and you insulate it better then it can be a decent deal. You will not be a happy camper when you start to have issues as she did. I think it took 6 months and MANY ignored pleas and false promises before they finally sent her the parts she needed so her husband could fix the spa (not sure what happened to them sending out a tech). That is something you won't go through when you buy a premium spa (not counting Cal Spas of course). Now everyone won't go through this much pain but then again, everyone won't be issue free as you've been either.

Well the problem is her complaints dont count here. Shes a disgruntled customer so her opinions and story are going to be slanted to make them look bad.

This thread has been about Coscto, not Home Depot or other Box Stores. You can't return the tub to Home Depot, WalMart, or any other store. If she bought from Costco and was so disgruntled she could have returned it.

Does anyone know how to adjust the TIMES the spa goes into filtration cycle? I hear my spa kick in in the middle of the night (right outside my bedroom window) I want it to kick in like 10:00 pm and or 7:00 am. Can this be done? How does it time itself????

Thanks,

Kevin

ANYONE????

I did not add my comments to stir the pot, just telling it like it is. Now if it breaks and have problems with service, I will let it be known...

ANYONE????

I did not add my comments to stir the pot, just telling it like it is. Now if it breaks and have problems with service, I will let it be known...

You can change the presettings as far as how many times they come on and how often. Mine comes on at 2pm and I think that that is just about the time that I reset the programs, so maybe that is the trick.

ANYONE????

Most of the Balboa controls on their spas are set to go into their filteration cycle after you turn the power on to the tub and then they will go into the second cycle 12 hours later. So if you want it to turn on at 10 pm then shut the power off and turn it back on at 9:30-10:00 am. Hope that helps.

ANYONE????

Yet another area that higher quality tubs shine through. A high quality tub will often have a 24 hour cirulation pump so it is running 24 hours and still saving energy. I decided that this was a worthy option especially if the cost of energy skyrockets like it did before her in California. I also dont have to listen tot the tub come on full blast in middle of the night. Some of you are convinced that I am just here to bash the costco tub, it is just irritating that so many people here are comparing them to a high quality tub as if it is the same exact thing but for half the price. My point here has been you get what you pay for. If you paid half the price, you got half the quality/options of a tub. SIMPLE, summed up in one easy sentence.

Yet another area that higher quality tubs shine through. A high quality tub will often have a 24 hour cirulation pump so it is running 24 hours and still saving energy. I decided that this was a worthy option especially if the cost of energy skyrockets like it did before her in California. I also dont have to listen tot the tub come on full blast in middle of the night. Some of you are convinced that I am just here to bash the costco tub, it is just irritating that so many people here are comparing them to a high quality tub as if it is the same exact thing but for half the price. My point here has been you get what you pay for. If you paid half the price, you got half the quality/options of a tub. SIMPLE, summed up in one easy sentence.

Goes to show how little you actually know about the costco tub. The costco tub has both a 24 hour circulation pump with ozonator and pre programmed times when all pumps run. Bash something you know about.

I will give that a try guys, thanks...

if you don't know what your talking about, do some research 1st.... that's SIMPLE

Thanks,

Kevin

I igaine you can change the times and that should be spelled out in the owner's manual. If you didn't get an owner's manual wha you probably can do is either call the manufacturer or simply turn off the spa at the time you want it to filter and then turn it back on and it may make this the new filter time (it may actually wait 12 hrs for teh first cycle).

I will give that a try guys, thanks...

if you don't know what your talking about, do some research 1st.... that's SIMPLE

Just because his views differ from yours there is no need to assume he didn't research first. Maybe he did and concluded what he wrote (which I tend to agree with, though I'd lighten up on the superlatives).

Just because his views differ from yours there is no need to assume he didn't research first. Maybe he did and concluded what he wrote (which I tend to agree with, though I'd lighten up on the superlatives).

How can you agree with him when his facts are blatenly wrong. Maybe you didn't read his whole post.

I may have missed something. What did he say that you find be be untrue. I read his opinion on circ pumps being very efficient and less noisy but you may have been referring to something else.

Ours have 24 hr circ pump and all the goodies that the UPPER end ones have (maybe not the "top of the line" ones)

My manual says nothing about setting a "time" only the clock for the radio

someone else mentioned you can change the number of times a day the other pumps run IIRC...