Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

Ours have 24 hr circ pump and all the goodies that the UPPER end ones have (maybe not the "top of the line" ones)

My manual says nothing about setting a "time" only the clock for the radio

someone else mentioned you can change the number of times a day the other pumps run IIRC...

You certainly should be able to adjust the filter cycle time length and as far as the start time of that filter cycle, if the manual doesn't discuss that I'd just shut down/restart the spa at the desired time and see if it defaults to that restart time.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You certainly should be able to adjust the filter cycle time length and as far as the start time of that filter cycle, if the manual doesn't discuss that I'd just shut down/restart the spa at the desired time and see if it defaults to that restart time.

I will do that tonight. Thanks.

Kevin

Goes to show how little you actually know about the costco tub. The costco tub has both a 24 hour circulation pump with ozonator and pre programmed times when all pumps run. Bash something you know about.

Costco sells more than one style of spa and in our area the spas that we have worked on did not have a dedicated circulation pump. How old is your spa?

Unless they just recently changed the spas the ones being sold through our Costco come with two jet pumps and one does the filtering on low speed.

Costco sells more than one style of spa and in our area the spas that we have worked on did not have a dedicated circulation pump. How old is your spa?

Unless they just recently changed the spas the ones being sold through our Costco come with two jet pumps and one does the filtering on low speed.

Its not quite a year old. The circulation pump basically circulates water through two or three small jets 24 hours a day. The preprogrammed cycles run either once or twice a day for a half hour to an hour a day. To tell you the truth I am not positive that there is a seperate pump, but if there isnt there is some way that they have figured out how to make the 24 hour circulation differant from the low speed jets.

The Platinum I and II both have dedicated 24 hr. circulation pumps. If anyone wants the specs/warranty/manual etc. you can find them here.....

http://www.platinumhottubs.com//

NightRyder

Its not quite a year old. The circulation pump basically circulates water through two or three small jets 24 hours a day. The preprogrammed cycles run either once or twice a day for a half hour to an hour a day. To tell you the truth I am not positive that there is a seperate pump, but if there isnt there is some way that they have figured out how to make the 24 hour circulation differant from the low speed jets.

Im going to go check that out. Thanks.

The Platinum I and II both have dedicated 24 hr. circulation pumps. If anyone wants the specs/warranty/manual etc. you can find them here.....

http://www.platinumhottubs.com//

NightRyder

Does your spa have the same control as the one on that web site? This is kind of weird as some of the features are the same as the ones we have woked on but some are different. The control on that web site looks like a Gecko control and all of the Costco spas we have repaired had Balboa controls on them.

Does your spa have the same control as the one on that web site? This is kind of weird as some of the features are the same as the ones we have woked on but some are different. The control on that web site looks like a Gecko control and all of the Costco spas we have repaired had Balboa controls on them.

Same control - The pack in mine is a Hydro-Quip CS-6230, I think the topside control is their ECO-3 model.

NightRyder

Is that good or bad?

The Balboa control is a better control in my opinion. One thing you want to be aware of as an owner of one of the spas with that Gecko control is you cant buy the circuit board or parts for the control head. They only sell the entire control head assembly.

Is that good or bad?

Probably neither. Both Hydro-Quip and Gecko have been in the Spa business for a long time. Cost to replace the the entire Pack and topside control (out of warranty) would be about $540 - Parts only. The topside control by itself is less than $130.

If I had to repair these things for a living I would probably be a Balboa fan. Their web-site is really good, Instruction cards, Manuals, Tech bullitens ect. I like the look/features of the M-7 stuff. I see they went to a Balboa Control on the Platinum II Costco spa.

NightRyder

Probably neither. Both Hydro-Quip and Gecko have been in the Spa business for a long time. Cost to replace the the entire Pack and topside control (out of warranty) would be about $540 - Parts only. The topside control by itself is less than $130.

If I had to repair these things for a living I would probably be a Balboa fan. Their web-site is really good, Instruction cards, Manuals, Tech bullitens ect. I like the look/features of the M-7 stuff. I see they went to a Balboa Control on the Platinum II Costco spa.

NightRyder

Where are you finding that control for $540.00? With the topside the best price I have seen would put you over $600.

One of the advantages with Balboa is if the control goes bad years down the road you can replace a circuit board for $200 instead of replacing the whole control.

"You certainly should be able to adjust the filter cycle time length and as far as the start time of that filter cycle, if the manual doesn't discuss that I'd just shut down/restart the spa at the desired time and see if it defaults to that restart time."

Thanks, it did reset the time cycles of when I turned the power off/on.

Kevin

One more satisfied customer and still no complaints from someone who actually owns one.

Go to the attached link: and save a copy of the .pdf. page 14 gives detailed directions for modification.

http://www.platinumhottubs.com//EliteSpaManual.pdf

I can't confirm whether this works. I have left mine performing the cycle. My electrical costs are acceptable and the water quality has been great with minimal chemicals reqd. (using Baquaspa). So I havn't been driven to modify yet. However, I would like to change the TOD that the cycles occur, which I think were set at time to plug in. But havn't played with it yet.

Yet another area that higher quality tubs shine through. A high quality tub will often have a 24 hour cirulation pump so it is running 24 hours and still saving energy. I decided that this was a worthy option especially if the cost of energy skyrockets like it did before her in California. I also dont have to listen tot the tub come on full blast in middle of the night. Some of you are convinced that I am just here to bash the costco tub, it is just irritating that so many people here are comparing them to a high quality tub as if it is the same exact thing but for half the price. My point here has been you get what you pay for. If you paid half the price, you got half the quality/options of a tub. SIMPLE, summed up in one easy sentence.

Good point. However my perception is that there is a full time circulation pump. there is clearly full time circulation and the oxonator is operating continuously ( as evidenced by the bubbles?)

Where are you finding that control for $540.00? With the topside the best price I have seen would put you over $600.

One of the advantages with Balboa is if the control goes bad years down the road you can replace a circuit board for $200 instead of replacing the whole control.

Here:

http://www.hottubessentials.com/hydroquip-...38-spa-pack.asp

They also sell circuit boards for Hydro-Quip controls $200 - $300.

NightRyder

Wow, since I asked the first question this post has really gone to some extremes.............

Now, I need help.

Used the tub the other night, everything worked fine except the stereo. The stereo will turn on but that is all. No sound, cd's dont play either.

Next night I went to use it and the water is cold 64 degrees and 3 flashing lights under the temp. I turned on the jets, they all work fine, i think. I read on the error page that maybe it is a flow issue. I took the filters out, cleaned them and still flashes, Now it wont even heat up.

It sounds like some of you with posts on here know something about tubs. Is this a big problem?

Shelly

Wow, since I asked the first question this post has really gone to some extremes.............

Now, I need help.

Used the tub the other night, everything worked fine except the stereo. The stereo will turn on but that is all. No sound, cd's dont play either.

Next night I went to use it and the water is cold 64 degrees and 3 flashing lights under the temp. I turned on the jets, they all work fine, i think. I read on the error page that maybe it is a flow issue. I took the filters out, cleaned them and still flashes, Now it wont even heat up.

It sounds like some of you with posts on here know something about tubs. Is this a big problem?

Shelly

If you have a dealer, no problem. I'm sorry, I feel your pain, but right now, you just beacame the spa tech

Shelly,

Take the spa back to Costco and get your money back. If you still want to bypass the dealer go to Costco online and buy the Highlife spa manufactured by the makers of Hotspring.

Costco

If you have a dealer, no problem. I'm sorry, I feel your pain, but right now, you just beacame the spa tech

Shelly,

Take the spa back to Costco and get your money back. If you still want to bypass the dealer go to Costco online and buy the Highlife spa manufactured by the makers of Hotspring.

Costco

Nice help guys...... Do you have a tech help number to call for your spa? I would imagine there should be one on your paperwork with more helpful folks then these to answer your questions.

I'm dead serious Jack. Shelly, take that spa back before Costco changes their return policy. I don't mean to be rude but this spa is going to need attention and you have no dealer support. There are better alternatives out there IMHO.

Nice help guys...... Do you have a tech help number to call for your spa? I would imagine there should be one on your paperwork with more helpful folks then these to answer your questions.

I'm dead serious Jack. Shelly, take that spa back before Costco changes their return policy. I don't mean to be rude but this spa is going to need attention and you have no dealer support. There are better alternatives out there IMHO.

Costco won't change their policy. You say "I don't mean to be rude", but that's exactly what your trying to be.....

Now, I need help.

Shelly

Did you shut the power off to it. If it trips the high limit it doesnt automatically reset. You have to shut the power off at the breaker then reset it. That clears the memory on it. When you say you cleaned the filters how did you clean them?