Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

Most people don't care if the warrantee is through the dealer or the manufacturer. Your missing the point hottubdan. If you have a problem with the Costco spa you can take it back. You can't necessarily do that with one of your spas. You have a better spa but Costco has a better return policy. I still would choose the better spa in the first place.

I guess I just don't get this. If you remotely think that you may have to return a spa purchase, why would you even think of buying it. Would you buy a cheap car because it had a return policy. If your going to spend $6000 on an item, would'nt you want to have confidence in it, backed by a dealer, with a solid warranty. You people are crazy.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just don't get this. If you remotely think that you may have to return a spa purchase, why would you even think of buying it. Would you buy a cheap car because it had a return policy. If your going to spend $6000 on an item, would'nt you want to have confidence in it, backed by a dealer, with a solid warranty. You people are crazy.

The Coscto spa is $3,999 and I have not heard of one owner who has returned one, they all seem happy with their purchase.

The Coscto spa is $3,999 and I have not heard of one owner who has returned one, they all seem happy with their purchase.

over the past few years I've come to these spa forums, I've only seen a couple Costco owners post their expereince as it is, good or bad. Same with Home Depot spa owners, Lowes... It may be that those who are inclined to do a lot of research on spa buying aren't typically the type buying the big box store type spas.

over the past few years I've come to these spa forums, I've only seen a couple Costco owners post their expereince as it is, good or bad. Same with Home Depot spa owners, Lowes... It may be that those who are inclined to do a lot of research on spa buying aren't typically the type buying the big box store type spas.

Or it could be that most of us are happy with them.

Guzz, my message probably got lost in this long thread. My main point was that if I purchased a Costco spa and had problems with it I would return it and buy a dealer backed spa. The Costco return policy would allow you to get out of a mess and purchase a decent spa. I think we're on the same page here.

Gee, I'm worried now. :rolleyes:

If I have any serious problems, or even if I decide I don't like it, I'll take it back to Costco and get a full refund (yes even after 2 or more years). Any of you dealers out there care to make your customers the same offer?

As far as the so called better built spas - If you live in the Pacific NW, the Marquis factory in Independance, OR. has a yearly sale, bring your trailer and pick one up for 50% to 70% off the retail price and as a bonus bypass all the mine is better than their's sales crap.

NightRyder

Hi NightRyder,

I live up in Vancouver so I'm curious as to when the "yearly sale" is?

Thanks,

Why is it that sharkman, spatech and Guzz show up in every post and bash Costco?

I cant speak for Guzz or Spatech but I work on their spas and I know from personal experience the problems customers go through with the spa manufacturers that build spas for Costco. I just had another customer Thursday last week get tired of waiting to get the parts for a leaking ozonator and injector. We had been attempting to get the parts for this customer for 6 months and kept getting the runaround from the manufacturer. The customer finally said this is rediculous and asked for a refund. The one good thing about that program is the return policy. I dont recall bashing Costco.

Why is it that sharkman, spatech and Guzz show up in every post and bash Costco?

I've tried to convey this before but I'll say it again. I'm not against Costco spas as a whole. My issue is with the people who get one and try to say they're just as good as "spa X" and $3000 less. They are what they are: typically a so-so quality spa at best, often poorly insulated and without any post sale service (keep your toolbox handy) but they also come at a lesser price. ALL that is fine as long as you go in with your eyes open but more than half don't realize that IMO but that's to be expected I guess. Many realize that but where I roll my eyes is with the FEW who give us the "we've found the secret to spas, this is what the dealers don't want you to know, blah, blah, blah."

I cant speak for Guzz or Spatech but I work on their spas and I know from personal experience the problems customers go through with the spa manufacturers that build spas for Costco. I just had another customer Thursday last week get tired of waiting to get the parts for a leaking ozonator and injector. We had been attempting to get the parts for this customer for 6 months and kept getting the runaround from the manufacturer. The customer finally said this is rediculous and asked for a refund. The one good thing about that program is the return policy. I dont recall bashing Costco.

I have delt with and talked to customers who have had similar experiences. I have also had customers who bought spas on line that admitted to me it was something they would not want to go through again, and put a $4000 bad investment down as a learning experience.

And the beat goes on........and on......and on.

Yes the beat goes on, and still those customers who have bought on line or from box stores still keep coming through my door asking for help, because, no-one will service their spa, they don't know how to take care of it, some idiot hooked it up wrong, the cabinet is falling apart, the shell has a blister in it, the seats are uncomfortable, the jets are too powerful or not powerful enough. There's a lot to be said for a wet test before you buy.

I deal with these unfortunate people on a daily basis, I am not making this up, I have had people in tears in my store.

Hi NightRyder,

I live up in Vancouver so I'm curious as to when the "yearly sale" is?

Thanks,

September, but Marquis now has 2 factory outlet stores in Salem, OR. They sell blems and factory reconditioned Marquis spas year round at substantial discounts.

NightRyder

Are you speaking for the consumer, the dealer or the spa salesperson?

Grhamtasia is a little miffed that costco is selling a watkins product, he does'nt see the silver lining of this whole venture. As a sales person, he should be glad that Watkins has taken the initiative to grab that corner of the market. What it means for him is more recognition and awareness of his product. The chance to educate new spa owners on maintaining their new toy, which would result in more referals and sales .