Twilight Series B "master Spa"

ksand

Just talked to a sales rep from Master Spas in Florida, he said they have a twilight series that is made by master spa that has just EXACTLY what I am looking for in a small spa. Has neck and shoulder jets and a master blaster for the feet, also calf jets and foot jets in a lounger for hubby.Is a tad bigger than the Solana TX, has a better warranty and more jets. Price was good also, the same as the Solana TX sale price. and that is having it shipped here to me in Louisiana, cause there are no dealers here yet, I asked about service and they have service folks all over the US, just not dealers everywhere yet. do any of ya'll know anything about this spa? is has 220 wiring, which is what I want. I want to be able to run pump and heater at the same time. decisions, decisions...I saw master spas on "how its made" on tV and was very impressed with their factory.

Just talked to a sales rep from Master Spas in Florida, he said they have a twilight series that is made by master spa that has just EXACTLY what I am looking for in a small spa. Has neck and shoulder jets and a master blaster for the feet, also calf jets and foot jets in a lounger for hubby.Is a tad bigger than the Solana TX, has a better warranty and more jets. Price was good also, the same as the Solana TX sale price. and that is having it shipped here to me in Louisiana, cause there are no dealers here yet, I asked about service and they have service folks all over the US, just not dealers everywhere yet. do any of ya'll know anything about this spa? is has 220 wiring, which is what I want. I want to be able to run pump and heater at the same time. decisions, decisions...I saw master spas on "how its made" on tV and was very impressed with their factory.

Do a search on this site and other Hot Tub forums for Master Spa.

Who EXACTLY would be servicing your spa, and have YOU CONTACTED THEM DIRECTLY to be sure that ACTUALLY will? :rolleyes:

This is where having a local dealer is important. He's acting like he has some full network of repair people but that's standard Master salesmanship. This is no different than their traveling circus where they sell you a spa with a promise they can have someone local care for your issues and when they leave town they don't know you any more (a search will tell you plenty about that flim flam traveling scam show they've run for years).

Ask that Master guy for the phone number of who will service it and see if he actually has a ph# for you or whether you get a song and dance answer. If you actually get a # call and ask a) who does he bill, you or Master (I'm betting its you), B) is it totally covered by warranty (if he's not a Master dealer he's going to charge more than their warranty rate and I wonder who will pay the difference), c) has he ever worked on a Master?

As far as their warranty being better, the 2 most important thing about any warranty is the company backing it (with Hot Spring, Jacuzzi etc. you can trust they'll meet the letter of the warranty and sometimes go beyond it, not so much with Master IMO) and the dealer doing the work (but you would not have a local dealer).

I saw master spas on "how its made" on tV and was very impressed with their factory.

I saw that too but their reputation precedes the video. You'd be just as impressed or more by walking through some other spa plants (or seeing a promotional video) so there was nothing revolutionary going on there. What the saying about you can dress up a ...

I liked the comment "they don'y have a dealership yet" wow great sales technique, boy how long has master been around, i would think with that siad it will be um.....never.......i would check out the site that term put up. our dealer stopped carrying them after the traveling circus came to town.....

wow,,,that guy wasn't being truthful with me was he? I thought it was a good spa since it was on "how things are made" I guess I won't be getting it, hubby wouldn't let me have it anyway. glad ya'll are here and being truthful.

How Things Are Made???? hahahahahahahaha. The producers of that show call up MANY various manufacturers and offer to do a spot on their company for a FEE . A rather large fee by the way.

FYI, pretty much ALL the TV show that feature products, the other that come to mind is I Have To Have That, CHARGE the companies to be on the show. It's basically just a paid advertisement. I know this because a number, at least three that I can recall, have contacted me and "made an offer".

Everything you need to know about how this company operates....

Spa Pool & Patio Expo Reviews

Terminator

The Twilight Series by Master Spas is a great tub! Should you do your homework and find out who is delivering and servicing your spa? Absolutely you should. That is the case with any brand hot tub. Sorry Terminator, but your link to the "Spa Pool and Patio Expo Reviews" is a little misleading. All of the complaints are directed at company in California run into the ground by some Larry guy. What exactly does that have to do with a show in Florida? If I start a company named "The Home and Garden Expo" and I screw over all my customers, that doesn't implicate every Home and Garden Show all over the country.

Everything you need to know about how this company operates....

Spa Pool & Patio Expo Reviews

Terminator

The Twilight Series by Master Spas is a great tub! Should you do your homework and find out who is delivering and servicing your spa? Absolutely you should. That is the case with any brand hot tub. Sorry Terminator, but your link to the "Spa Pool and Patio Expo Reviews" is a little misleading. All of the complaints are directed at company in California run into the ground by some Larry guy. What exactly does that have to do with a show in Florida? If I start a company named "The Home and Garden Expo" and I screw over all my customers, that doesn't implicate every Home and Garden Show all over the country.

True, besides more stories of Master quality issues that was also an indictment of that particular dealer but that was just one example of Master just like the Corporate run Traveling Spa Circus is another example or selling product with deceit like saying a local dealer of another spa brand will fix it (a common one for the traveling scam show) or like he was told that there is some national network of spa service people Master has set up or that they don't have a dealer there "yet" when he really should say "we can't get anyone to carry our product in your area but we'll be glad to ship it to you directly and you could take your chances".

I know you come here from time to time to try to rehabilitate Master's name but you'd have to be able to change water into wine to accomplish that on these spa forums.

Spa tech

great words of wisdom. i believe you are right on. we had someone in here looking for service for there Master they bought at the show 2 months ago....he was told anyone who sells spas can fix it....man if i sold a spa a told someone that we would be crucified. yes any dealer can probably fix that , but not under warranty. and the funny thing with that he was getting mad at us because we would not fix it under warranty, i told him not an authorized master dealer. told customer to call factory. they can push him to the right service. this is the guy you want to say "that is why you do not buy from the traveling circus" especially when there is no local dealer for support......but we do not want to make him any more frustrated

Hey, the British outnumbered the militia too, but we all know how that worked out! I am outnumbered for sure, but I am just trying to give these good folks another point of view. I have been a Master dealer for 10 years, and there isn't a better manufacturer to do business with IMO. We take great care of our customers after the sale, and I know many other dealers across the country that do the same. Please don't paint us all with your broad brush.

Kreg,

i will give your dues, hey again at least you believe in what you sell. i am not saying your product is a piece of junk.... but just some of the practices the manufacturer does is questionable, maybe you do not encounter the traveling circus like we do.. and i would put your spa ahead of a lot of them out there. i do appreciate your view. if we did not have different point of views this would not be a good forum....

Hey, the British outnumbered the militia too, but we all know how that worked out! I am outnumbered for sure, but I am just trying to give these good folks another point of view. I have been a Master dealer for 10 years, and there isn't a better manufacturer to do business with IMO. We take great care of our customers after the sale, and I know many other dealers across the country that do the same. Please don't paint us all with your broad brush.

There is a chain of Master Spa dealers in the Mpls/Stp area that is also highly spoken of in that area for there after sale service. But the product is still mediocre unless.........it's priced as such. And it seems to be all over the place on that.

There is a chain of Master Spa dealers in the Mpls/Stp area that is also highly spoken of in that area for there after sale service. But the product is still mediocre unless.........it's priced as such. And it seems to be all over the place on that.

I don't see it, but you are entitled to your opinion. It's funny how "reputation" goes. Some of the "most reputable" spas on the market don't even put slice valves on their spas!

slice valves!!!

wow innovative master spas, i believe most brands in our area use them heck i think i iremember seein those at the tub in costcoT. but a good dealer is a benefit , but this is going back to the traveling circus ....a local dealer that is feeder products,,i am not saying that master is a bottom feederby any means , but again we all have are own opinions,,,