Inexpensive Decent Spa?

ksand

I am very frustrated, I need some hot water therapy for my fibromyalgia and hubby is NOT fond of the idea of spending

$6200.00 plus tax for a Sundance burlington. I would love to get it for lower price also, but they aren't gonna budge. We live in an area that has 3 spa dealers and they all are determined to stay on the sticker price. all are at least $5000.00 (round spa from Sundance) Is the little triangle spa from sams a "decent" little spa? Its only $2500 right now, looks like it has few jets,,,no foot jets which we need, but at this point I am desperate. Don't want to buy a piece of junk, but he is not gonna let me spend the money I want to spend on a good spa...I just want to be neck deep in hot water so I won't hurt anymore. this little spa actually looks pretty roomy for 2. We will never have more than the two of us in the spa. would love to find a roomy spa for 2-3 traingle type at a decent price, any suggestions?

I looked at alot of lower priced spas. I always kept coming back to the Hotsprings Jetsetter. I wanted a spa that would last 10 plus years and Hotsprings seems to always fit the bill as quality and cheap to run. I have been very satisfied with the spa and paid 5900.00 with tax, lifter, step, etc. The best 5900 hundred I have ever spent. My body hurts form being a meat cutter for 34 years and in the cold, lifting, etc. This spa makes me feel young again, very refreshing.

Spend the extra money, you do get what you pay for, I cant tell a difference in my electric bill ( wired at 220) at all. Im in Virginia and its been very snowy this year and I soak everyday, sometimes twice a day. The moto massage feels like fingers up and down your back, almost heaven. Spa is very quiet also, most are loud as hell.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Check out the D1 dream, journey or even serenade, you may even look at the South Pacific, it may not look like the traditional spa, it looks like the dreammaker, which i have also sold, but these guys have a true heater also covers built with the spas, and use the balboa components like upper end spas. i sell this been a very good spa not many service call and there around 3700.00 depending on were you are at,, also look at the Freeflow spas......any off these prices will be lower and you may get want you want a hot tub to move hot water, and your husband on not breaking the bank

I am very frustrated, I need some hot water therapy for my fibromyalgia and hubby is NOT fond of the idea of spending

$6200.00 plus tax for a Sundance burlington. I would love to get it for lower price also, but they aren't gonna budge. We live in an area that has 3 spa dealers and they all are determined to stay on the sticker price. all are at least $5000.00 (round spa from Sundance) Is the little triangle spa from sams a "decent" little spa? Its only $2500 right now, looks like it has few jets,,,no foot jets which we need, but at this point I am desperate. Don't want to buy a piece of junk, but he is not gonna let me spend the money I want to spend on a good spa...I just want to be neck deep in hot water so I won't hurt anymore. this little spa actually looks pretty roomy for 2. We will never have more than the two of us in the spa. would love to find a roomy spa for 2-3 traingle type at a decent price, any suggestions?

If you have a local dealer I would look at Nordic. They make a basic quality tub at and economical price.

I looked at alot of lower priced spas. I always kept coming back to the Hotsprings Jetsetter. I wanted a spa that would last 10 plus years and Hotsprings seems to always fit the bill as quality and cheap to run. I have been very satisfied with the spa and paid 5900.00 with tax, lifter, step, etc. The best 5900 hundred I have ever spent. My body hurts form being a meat cutter for 34 years and in the cold, lifting, etc. This spa makes me feel young again, very refreshing.

Spend the extra money, you do get what you pay for, I cant tell a difference in my electric bill ( wired at 220) at all. Im in Virginia and its been very snowy this year and I soak everyday, sometimes twice a day. The moto massage feels like fingers up and down your back, almost heaven. Spa is very quiet also, most are loud as hell.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Great recommendation Rick.

ksand,

If you're looking specifically for a triangle shaped spa, the makers of Hot Spring have a model line called Solana. Particularly their "TX" model would suit your needs. It's fairly inexpensive, has two seats, is triangle shaped, and has a great rotary (think firm/pulsating feel) style foot jet for your feet. :) This particular model also has a moto massage jet which is normally only found on Hot Spring models.

KSAND

you mentioned you have 3 dealers in your area, 1 being Sundance. What are the other 2 brands....

SPA GUY, I have a hot springs dealer, who also sells hot spot, solana, and tiger river, The Jacuzzi guy just sells Jacuzzi, the Sundance dealer sells sundance and Garden Leisure, only 3 dealers in a 140 mile area.

also will have to check on that tax deduction issue, might be....

KSAND

you mentioned you have 3 dealers in your area, 1 being Sundance. What are the other 2 brands....

SPA GUY, I have a hot springs dealer, who also sells hot spot, solana, and tiger river, The Jacuzzi guy just sells Jacuzzi, the Sundance dealer sells sundance and Garden Leisure, only 3 dealers in a 140 mile area.

The cheapest hot tub is a used hot tub. My local hot spring dealer said he occasionally takes in trade-ins or refurbishes used spas. If you go with a high end brand, and can find one a few years old used, you can probably pay 50% or less of original price.

I cruised the classifieds, ebay, and craigslist for a month or so looking at tubs in the $500-1000 range, most were absolute garbage but I ran into a few in the $700-2000 range that were excellent condition higher end models. Be sure to have a plan for transport and setup and add that into your cost. (after doing it myself... I'd seriously consider paying someone else next time LOL)

• 1 year later...

(Bump...thud)....

WELL?!? What did you buy, Ksand? Or didn't you? I also have fibro and am starting to drool as we get closer to choosing a hot tub. I'm hoping that you and your husband found a perfect solution. My hubby and I are also working on that happy medium between heavenly dream-tub and financial feasibility...and just "I don't care how much it costs...it's pretty!". Yeah: that last one is definitely me :)

I hope you were able to work something out!

<!--quoteo(post=101303:date=Feb 20 2010, 07:08 PM:name=THE SPA GUY)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE SPA GUY @ Feb 20 2010, 07:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=101303"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->KSAND

you mentioned you have 3 dealers in your area, 1 being Sundance. What are the other 2 brands....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These two brands are very good, The Hot Springs umbrella of tubs. Jacuzzi and Sundance which are the same company..They are gonna give you great spas low cost operation and great backing,