Please Help With New Hot Tub Decision - Cal Spa?q

Kate123

I have an offer of a floor model 2009 Cal Spa tub Elll848L for $6700 at a dealer. I have been researching hot tubs and want a dependable one.

Found much cheaper for Hotsprings - Hotspot and Dynasty - Bahama Spa but this dealer said they are inferior to this one.

I am getting soooo confused by all this and would really like to make a decision soon.

Does this sound like a good deal?

thanks so much for any help,

Kate

I have an offer of a floor model 2009 Cal Spa tub Elll848L for $6700 at a dealer. I have been researching hot tubs and want a dependable one.

Found much cheaper for Hotsprings - Hotspot and Dynasty - Bahama Spa but this dealer said they are inferior to this one.

I am getting soooo confused by all this and would really like to make a decision soon.

Kate

Cal makes a decent tub. I would put them on the same level as Dynasty. Hotsprings makes a good spa, but the Hotspot line is probably less of a tub than the Cal. Since dealing with Cal can be an issue for anybody, make sure the dealer is good.

Kate

Cal makes a decent tub. I would put them on the same level as Dynasty. Hotsprings makes a good spa, but the Hotspot line is probably less of a tub than the Cal. Since dealing with Cal can be an issue for anybody, make sure the dealer is good.

The Hot Spot line may have less bells and whistles than a Cal Spa. However, I think you will find the factory has a better reputation for customer support and the spas have a better reputation for reliability. Not fancy...just good.

I was in a similar boat, or spa as it is. After reading complaints online, i was concerned about the Cal Spas brand. But then i noticed most complaints were a few years old. That coupled with the fact our dealer has been in the area for a long, long time and we know people who have bought from them before, made me feel good about choosing Cal Spa.

So far, so good. in fact, i'd say everything has been excellent, from ordering, to delivery, to set up and operation. I'm only a bit over a month into my ownership, but couldn't be happier.

I'd say spa wise, it's a solid unit. But it really does come down to the quality, stability and longevity of your area dealer.

Hope this helped.

Not sure if that last post meant to say, "buy an Arctic Spa". If so...... I would suggest NOT! Reminds me of the Chic-fil-A commercials, "Eat more Chikin"! Of all the spas I researched... those seem to have the most complaints.

My research led me to recently purchase a Jacuzzi J-355. I love it! Check them out. I was looking for:

- Quality

- Jet performance

- Warranty

Got mine with a Covermate III for $6800.

HA! Ya... I was hoping I wouldn't get flamed on my sense of humor. What it really comes down to (as many have said)... is what is important to you. Dano wet tested Jacuzzi and Arctic.... went with the Arctic. I wet tested them too as well as many others.... I went with the Jacuzzi.

I've already mentioned what was important to me on an earlier post. Another important thing is your local dealer. I got great vibes from my Jacuzzi dealer and actually from a couple of others... Hot Springs was great and I also liked their spas... they were just too greedy. Apparently, my local Arctic dealer is No. 1 in the NW... but... I really didn't care for the owner of the company. He was very defensive, over bearing and quick to criticise other products. Just didn't seem like someone I wanted to deal with.

Great call Fabio!!!!!...

Take comfort in the fact that when your soaking in your jammin" J-355... the fool that bought the Artic down the street will be kicking and screaming that his ozen system doesn't work...pump # 1 low speed pooped the bed....and /or the dealer that sold it to him wants to charge him 95.00 bucks to come out and tell him nothings wrong with it!!! Full foam over "the story" once again!!

Thats funny J-365 sorry about your luck, Artic is number 1, I wet tested the Jacuzzi, thats why I bought a Artic, Also in my home town Jacuzzi has moved 3 times with different owners what more can I say,

Arctic may be number 1 to you but it's about 3-4 to me, sorry. And it's allot lower to allot of other people. So make sure you clarify next time you post. Arctic was number one to me. Which means nothing to anyone but you.