Spa Dolly

I'm looking for a used spa dolly in good condition, prefer western canada. PM me if interested please

Where are you at? I am in Northern Minnesota so if your close enough. I have built a couple.

Roger,

What did you use to build your own dollys? I have built one out of wood that has worked great. I'm currently working on a new one made with 1 3/4" square tube, 1/8 thick. After I purchased the steel I realized that it might not be strong enough and needs additional pieces down the full length (my original design was just a rectangle).

I have also made a very simple jack type device that can lower a spa off of it's side (like the spa wedge). Great when you have a large spa and one or two people to lower it.

The two guys who moved my spa, had a sled made of 2" PVC electrical conduit. They tipped the spa off of the trailer on to it's side on the sled. They used 1" by 4' PVC conduit rollers to move the spa and sled around the house and to my back patio. They had about 20 1" rollers they picked them off of the ground at the back of the sled and moved them to the front of the sled as they progressed around the house. It all went pretty quickly.

The sled looked pretty cheap and easy to build.

Dave

I'm looking for a used spa dolly in good condition, prefer western canada. PM me if interested please

Where are you at? I am in Northern Minnesota so if your close enough. I have built a couple.

Roger,

What did you use to build your own dollys? I have built one out of wood that has worked great. I'm currently working on a new one made with 1 3/4" square tube, 1/8 thick. After I purchased the steel I realized that it might not be strong enough and needs additional pieces down the full length (my original design was just a rectangle).

I have also made a very simple jack type device that can lower a spa off of it's side (like the spa wedge). Great when you have a large spa and one or two people to lower it.

I actualy used propane tank trailers that are modified to carry a tub. Straps hold the tub up off the ground supported by the trailer. Ratchets lower the tub to the ground on its side.

Lay the straps on the ground next to the tub and tip it up onto the straps. Back the trailer into the tub and hook up the straps. Ratchet it up off the ground and secure it. Hook up and drive away. Still a 2 man job.

Roger,

I actualy used propane tank trailers that are modified to carry a tub. Straps hold the tub up off the ground supported by the trailer. Ratchets lower the tub to the ground on its side.

Lay the straps on the ground next to the tub and tip it up onto the straps. Back the trailer into the tub and hook up the straps. Ratchet it up off the ground and secure it. Hook up and drive away. Still a 2 man job.

Hey Roger, You got a picture of this rig you could share?

The spa dolly trailer operates like a large hand truck. It is designed so that one person can load a spa onto the trailer whether the spa is sitting on its base or on its edge. one person can also unload a spa to these tow positions. One person can maneuver the loaded spa dolly as well . If there is room to position the spa when it is on the spa dolly trailer, no other equipment is needed.

Systemes roulette

Full Tilt Poker rake back

Hey Roger, You got a picture of this rig you could share?

Actualy I though about that last night when I posted. Why don't I have a picture of this rig? I will see if I can get one. I think the trailer is still in use close by. The guy is still doing repair work.

ezhauler.jpg

The old one I modified had a rail on each side and lifted in a cradle between them. All though this one would work also. Got a cool trolly to position the tank/tub.

We use the Spadolly for our deliveries most of the time. It works pretty well. The Spadolly cart that attaches to the back is probably what we use the most. Makes hot tub deliveries a piece of cake compared to what they could be.

Admittedly however, on days when we're delivering 2 to 3 spas at once, we have a 16' and 24' trailer we can use that are standard flat trailers.

We use a sled made out of the plastic they use on airboats. We also made a dolly out of 2 x 6 and plywood - It has pneumatic wheels so it goes through the grass easily. It holds Grandees and Vistas with no problem. Once in awhile we have to replace the wheels.

Hey Jerimiah - How does that spa dolly work in thick grass? It looks low to the ground (which would be more stable).

We use a sled made out of the plastic they use on airboats. We also made a dolly out of 2 x 6 and plywood - It has pneumatic wheels so it goes through the grass easily. It holds Grandees and Vistas with no problem. Once in awhile we have to replace the wheels.

Hey Jerimiah - How does that spa dolly work in thick grass? It looks low to the ground (which would be more stable).

Peteyboy: I primarily do the sales end of things here, so I don't get out to deliver a whole lot. But from the times I have, I think it would do fairly well. I think you've got a good 5 inches or more of clearance under the Spadolly cart. We actually had a delivery I helped our guys with that involved packed snow, grass, and rock stepping stones & a concrete slab. Even with the bumping and repeated shoves to get the wheels up over stone edges the cart did great. And that was with an Envoy standing up on it's side (vertical).

Course to be safe, we had 4 of us there initially to place the spa, and then sent two of the guys on their way as soon as we had it placed properly. Had this been a smoother terrain we may well have done a 2 man delivery. But that Spadolly cart makes our deliveries such a piece of cake compared to what they really could be.

In the winter, we often use a big sled. We've got a large sheet of plastic with rope handles on both ends of it. We can stand the spa up on its sheet of plastic, and pull it over packed snow. That's pretty darn slick sometimes. :)

Are you moving it over grass/yard or over paved or deck or concrete?

The BEST thing we ever bought for moving stuff was a lift table from Harbor Freight. We bought the $149.00 model with 500 lb. max capacity as our application at the time was moving pinball machines around our house but since we bought this table we have moved more heavy stuff that I can list and it is SO EASY to use.

We moved our spa across a deck without a problem. I used a regular dolly to lift the spa edge enough to put 4X4s under the corners which gave us enough clearance to put the lift table under the center of the spa - then just jacked it up and rolled it to the new location.

There are MANY different models and styles of lift tables out there with many under $500.00 that will lift 1,000 lbs or more.

Boy Jeremiah, I wish we had snow here in Florida to slide on. The grass here is very thick.

I'm trying to get my owner to get a spa dolly.

One thing I don't miss down here is working on spas in freezing climates.

Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
Boy Jeremiah, I wish we had snow here in Florida to slide on. The grass here is very thick.

I'm trying to get my owner to get a spa dolly.

One thing I don't miss down here is working on spas in freezing climates.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but check out www.hottubhauler.com and www.slickmover.com Mountain Hot Tub has purchased three Slick Movers from us. The Hot Tub Hauler is similar to the Spa Dolly. It serves the same purpose-it delivers a hot tub. There are pros/cons to both products but they both make delivering a hot tub much easier and safer.

If you already own a Spa Dolly or some other trailer that you use, then you will want to consider a Slick Mover. It is a great tool to have available. The other product to consider is the Hot Tub Helper. It is a lift bag that will save your back!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

• 4 months later...