Dimension 1 Amore Bay Problems

mnflyer

Hello all - I have been a long time lurker and have learned alot from this forum....but evidently not enought!

I bought a D1 Amore Bay and we love the tub. It is very roomy, great seats, lots of jets, looks awesome and seemed to be one of the best quality tubs around.

But I think I got a lemon. I know these things happen so I don't want to bash the tub however not much is being done.

I purchased the tub Feb 1. Today is March 18th. Approx 6 weeks.

After initial setup I had the following problems with the tub:

- Heater was very slow to heat (over 24 hours to get up to temp). The heater subsequently failed after 4 weeks.

- one of the waterfall lights did not work

- the in-tub magnetic switches didn't work

- the main control panel lighting went white when the tub got warm

- there is a leak, rather large leak now, in the filter basket.

- the iWatch system lights blink constantly (meaning there is not data going to the iwatch)

Now here is the problem. The dealer finally came out to fix the problems however he could not fix the leak. Evidently the bottom of the basket is all cracked. He told me he cannot fix it, will talk to the company and get back to me.

After 4 business days I talked to him again and he says he doesn't know what to do. The company won't call him back.

There is no number for the customer to call D1 directly.

Is this normal for D1 customer service? Any ideas as to what to expect as far as a fix? replacement?

All I want is a WORKING Amore Bay tub!!! :)

thanks in advance for your ideas.

Hello all - I have been a long time lurker and have learned alot from this forum....but evidently not enought!

I bought a D1 Amore Bay and we love the tub. It is very roomy, great seats, lots of jets, looks awesome and seemed to be one of the best quality tubs around.

But I think I got a lemon. I know these things happen so I don't want to bash the tub however not much is being done.

- Heater was very slow to heat (over 24 hours to get up to temp). The heater subsequently failed after 4 weeks.

- the iWatch system lights blink constantly (meaning there is not data going to the iwatch)

Now here is the problem. The dealer finally came out to fix the problems however he could not fix the leak. Evidently the bottom of the basket is all cracked. He told me he cannot fix it, will talk to the company and get back to me.

After 4 business days I talked to him again and he says he doesn't know what to do. The company won't call him back.

Is this normal for D1 customer service? Any ideas as to what to expect as far as a fix? replacement?

Ask the dealer for a full refund for a new spa.

UPDATE

I e-mailed the company D1 directly and got a phone call 45 minutes later.

It appears an honest mistake led to the delay of not getting the voicemail from the dealer.

After talking with the dealer, D1 is manufacturing another spa for me as they do not have any in stock. It should be here in a few weeks.

If all goes as planned I must say very good customer service!!!!!

It is unfortunate that you had some issues with the spa, unfortunately these things do happen sometime. I work in the Technical Support Department at D1 Spas and was involved in the conversation with the technician that was troubleshooting your spa. I maybe a little biased, but I will sday that we do everything that we can to make the customer glad they purchased a D1 hot tub. Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions that I can help you with.

Best regards,

Dennis Porter

D1 Spas

Tech Support

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the problems. Quick question for you. We're looking at Amore Bay right now as well. Do you mind emailing me what you paid for yours? Unfortunately we only have one local dealer in our area and I'd like to get an idea of whether what he's offering on the price is fair. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mind if I ask - did you get a price? I'm looking to buy one as well and am questioning our local dealer.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the problems. Quick question for you. We're looking at Amore Bay right now as well. Do you mind emailing me what you paid for yours? Unfortunately we only have one local dealer in our area and I'd like to get an idea of whether what he's offering on the price is fair. Thanks so much.