Black/graphite Hot Tubs? - Urgent

ManuBoy808

Hi all, First off, ive been browsing this forum for about 8 months now and Ive enjoyed reading about the different spas and everyones opinions, good and bad, on them. it helped me choose a brand. So thank you. unfortunately where I live my options were EXTREMELY limited. It didnt help that I wanted a round hot tub either.

I went with the denali model from sundance. I only had 3 color options (all that was in stock). I have a very limited amount of time (literally hours) to make a decision.

My options are

1. Coastal exterior (brown) and PLATINUM (white) interior

or

2. Coastal exterior (brown) and GRAPHITE (black) interior

My question, and I hope someone can lend an opinion or possibly photos, is why are graphite, or black, interiors so unpopular?

I have searched high and low on the internet trying to find photos of a someone, anyone, lounging around in a graphite colored hot tub. All I can find is platinum interiors, which is no surprise as according to Sundance, the Platinum accounted for 46% of its sales for the 2008 denali model.

Ive been in several light colored hot tubs, its crisp, clean, and a fun time with friends. I know I like it.

What about black? to me, that seams like a more relaxed and "romantic," if you will, atmosphere. Also, how does a black interior hot tub look when lit up? I can not find any photos of this, however I do know what a platinum interior tub looks up at night and its nice. How does the black look? Is it too dark? Can you see your feet? I live in hawaii and will only be using the tub at night when the sun is down so how white vs black is displayd at night is very important to me.

To me, this is one of the biggest decisions i will make as i do not plan to get another hot tub for YEARS, I do not want to be stuck with regrets.

I hope someone can lend some words and even better.... photos. Anynoe out there own a graphite/black colored interior or have even been in one??

Thanks a ton :lol:

What about black? to me, that seams like a more relaxed and "romantic," if you will, atmosphere. Also, how does a black interior hot tub look when lit up? I can not find any photos of this, however I do know what a platinum interior tub looks up at night and its nice. How does the black look? Is it too dark? Can you see your feet? I live in hawaii and will only be using the tub at night when the sun is down so how white vs black is displayd at night is very important to me.

Be careful with black. It shows dirt very easily but it does look great when it's clean.

Be careful with black. It shows dirt very easily but it does look great when it's clean.

I would think black could get uncomfortably hot above the waterline on a hot summer day. This could burn a user, or maybe blister the finish?

Thanks for all the comments! i ended up going with the white, but if the black is still avail. before they deliver I could switch.

@JKM - Didnt think of that, like the product that comes off of peoples body?

@GGSTEVE - Didnt think of that either. Possibly. I know the black is made out of a textured material so maybe it wouldnt get too bad. :huh:

@POOL CLOWN - Something I thought was ugly. It had a white sand looking interior with light "wood" paneling.

@SOONERDAL - Any pics???? Id love to see it at night.

My question, and I hope someone can lend an opinion or possibly photos, is why are graphite, or black, interiors so unpopular?

I have searched high and low on the internet trying to find photos of a someone, anyone, lounging around in a graphite colored hot tub. All I can find is platinum interiors, which is no surprise as according to Sundance, the Platinum accounted for 46% of its sales for the 2008 denali model.

I hope someone can lend some words and even better.... photos. Anynoe out there own a graphite/black colored interior or have even been in one??

Thanks a ton :lol:

I have seen many colors over the years. Some great and some not so great. The old Burnt orange comes to mind... or mauve and teel.

I dont believe that the Black is unpopular. It is just new industry wise. The white has been around forever. It is a classic. I remember when some brands only offered white. There are many pictures out there of white spas, most likely because they have been selling them for 30+ years.

The black or graphite is fairly new and has only been around for a couple of years. I dont even think a denali came in that color 2 years ago.

In a few more years you will see many installation photos in the blacks, Golds etc. Myself I think the copper color on a mahogany cabinet is a great combination.

I hope to retire to Kauai soon!! These winters are a killer..

Thanks for all the comments! i ended up going with the white, but if the black is still avail. before they deliver I could switch.

@JKM - Didnt think of that, like the product that comes off of peoples body?

@GGSTEVE - Didnt think of that either. Possibly. I know the black is made out of a textured material so maybe it wouldnt get too bad. :huh:

@POOL CLOWN - Something I thought was ugly. It had a white sand looking interior with light "wood" paneling.

@SOONERDAL - Any pics???? Id love to see it at night.

No pics yet, but I need to get some soon. Usually I am the only one in it.

@ KIALDA - Ah that makes sense. Im new to the whole hot tub scene so had no idea. Ive just never seen a black before, I guess in the future more will appear.

I do think it could be nice if you were in it with someone youre overly fond of. Ill be using mine mainly with friends and , could be wrong, but im assuming white would keep the friendly atmosphere going.

@ SOONERDAL - ill probably have my *white* tub by the time i see your photos, if you ever post some up. Id like to see em anyway, especially a shot of it lit up at NIGHT. Then i can kick myself in the butt for not choosing black if it looks amazing. :P

@ DAN - Thanks. You guys are bringing up things I didnt even think of. Water stains are a HUGE pet peeve of mine.