Costcohotsprings Vs Keys Backyard

jmendoza17

IPB Image

Not true, there are several HotSpring dealers around the world that also carry lesser brands as an alternative. There is also no corporate mandate regarding showroom style. My store does not fit the corporate image...and I do just fine. :D

Terminator

Anyone familliar with the industry knows that. Jim is trying to mislead people, or he is ignorant of the industry.

It's sad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like every Hot Spring hot tub store I have seen. They have to all look alike or they lose their dealership, and they are not allowed to sell any other spas, so that when Hot Spring goes down, they go down.

Jim, I would like to respectfully correct your statement about HS dealers not allowed to sell other brands. Here in Chicagoland, their dealer American Sales also sells Artesians side by side. Just an FYI

Jim, I would like to respectfully correct your statement about HS dealers not allowed to sell other brands. Here in Chicagoland, their dealer American Sales also sells Artesians side by side. Just an FYI

If they have an existing dealership and Hot Spring needs new dealers they will allow it. But for the most part it is in the Business Plan to keep other brands out of the store. Most dealers follow that, because they really don't think for themselves.

Hot Spring does not have the resourses to continue with the current plan, and MASCO will dump them, because they will not stand any losses.

Pictures of real spas at real customers' homes:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Terminator

More....

A 20+ year old HotSpring Jetsetter, still alive and kicking:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

They look pretty dang good if you ask me. :)

Terminator

If they have an existing dealership and Hot Spring needs new dealers they will allow it. But for the most part it is in the Business Plan to keep other brands out of the store. Most dealers follow that, because they really don't think for themselves.

Hot Spring does not have the resourses to continue with the current plan, and MASCO will dump them, because they will not stand any losses.

Do you just make this stuff up as you go along or what?

Still waiting for a priceon the garden goose please.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is a humble facility and it is full of really nice people.

All the employees are legal, and the products are superior.

They build for about 5 different brands and are an international company.

They are not in hock up to their elboes as other companies are.

You guys kill me!!!! You don't own any company yet you bellittle Jim!!!!!

Most of you aren't worthy to make the comments about him you have as most of you are " Just Salesman" Let us see pics of your factories not your bosses! Show me a spa you designed or rebadged.... not just something that came off the truck wrapped up. You mock him for midifying a spa yet most of you barely have cleaned one let alone designed one!!!! Jim speaks from personal experiance that he learned through trial and error. Most of you only speak mantra from a product spec sheet or book. Someone elses company, store and factory yet you seem to think that Jim is less then you ?? Shame on you!

You guys kill me!!!! You don't own any company yet you bellittle Jim!!!!!

Most of you aren't worthy to make the comments about him you have as most of you are " Just Salesman" Let us see pics of your factories not your bosses! Show me a spa you designed or rebadged.... not just something that came off the truck wrapped up. You mock him for midifying a spa yet most of you barely have cleaned one let alone designed one!!!! Jim speaks from personal experiance that he learned through trial and error. Most of you only speak mantra from a product spec sheet or book. Someone elses company, store and factory yet you seem to think that Jim is less then you ?? Shame on you!

You must be new here.

That's not Jim's factory. It's the place where he buys tubs.

I know for a fact several of the folks here own their own very succesful companies. Others here are salesmen, technicains, there are folks from MIT here, as well as very succesful business folks from all over. The comunity here has every qualification to ask, participate and correct. Some are just people looking for good information, others are users, and owners.

Jim is attacked because he has lied and misrepresented his products, and attacked, threatened, and mocked others. Before you chastise others, you should be familiar with who you are defending.

You must be new here.

I know for a fact several of the folks here own their own very succesful companies.

Jim is attacked because he has lied and misrepresented his products, and attacked, threatened, and mocked others. Before you chastise others, you should be familiar with who you are defending.

We buy from three factories, all of them are more viable that Watkins right now.

You must be new here.

I know for a fact several of the folks here own their own very succesful companies.

assume he doesn't own that factory, still doesn't negate what is true and I don't see any pics from do I dare say R.H. hot tubs and the owner posting to jim or say the owner of Hotsprings posting to Jim about his product. the rest of posters here have no right whatsoever to mock his bussiness unless the have been equal or better owners, talk is cheap! If you want to say you dont like Jim's spa, great! but to make fun of the bussiness.....wayyyyy of line and out of most people's league.. why don't you mock the owner of Hyundai motors when you simply sell chevy's??? you'd be way out of line in doing so. If you owned a car mfg. different story as the at least you earned a right then. To say you like Chevyover Hyundai is no biggie but to condemn the owner about the bussiness is out there.

See paintnsunni?

Everything must lead to an attack or have a negative statement about Watkins.

It doens't matter if what he says it's true or not, he must put the jab in there.

What do you think is true?

Jim has posted lies, and misrepresented his products. Are you saying we all must have farms in CO and swap motors into hot tubs to be qualified? That's an interesting position to take.

Have a nice day.

See paintnsunni?

It doens't matter if what he says it's true or not, he must put the jab in there.

Jim has posted lies, and misrepresented his products. Are you saying we all must have farms in CO and swap motors into hot tubs to be qualified? That's an interesting position to take.

Have a nice day.

So how are you qualified and can you post your"barn" and motors you swap????? didn't think so!

See paintnsunni?

Have a nice day.

Here are the facts. The spa industry is down more that it has ever been in the last 20 years, in percentages of factories and dealers. I would estimate down about 30% to 40% from 2000.

Watkins has a City Size factory in Southern CA, the most expensive realestsate in the world, perhaps. The highest taxes next to NY city. Even a 10% loss in sales per month over a year will put them out of business. We are talking about many millions of losses, close to a billion.

The fact that they put a spa at Costco is one of the sure signs of economic distress. It is also suicide for the company to screw their dealers like that. Jacuzzi did the same thing and never recovered.

When they go to MASCO asking for money, they will be dumped on the market, but there is nobody rich enough to buy them or stupid enough to buy them when they look at the books and the location of the factory, unless they buy for 1/4 of the value.

I have studied the spa industry since it came into existence. It is what I do, and how we stay in business. I see the trends, then prepare for it.

Our company owns all our equipment, except for one truck we make payments on.

We even own our forklift not leased. All our trailers, our delivery truck, and we have enventory in stock that is paid for, no "flooring" at all.

Our overhead is not even 1/8 of other companies that are run the "old fashioned way". This is 2006 and we are a world economy. You have to understand how that works. We have found the only way to make super high quality and sell it at 25% under its street value. For instance if the Super Custom Fallsburg was made in the Sundance factory, it would have to sell for $22,000 to $23,000 on sale (not suggested retail) using the same mark ups that Sundance uses. It would sell for $32,000 using the Hot Spring mark ups. I design them and the factory does what I tell them.

An ethical stance, a well thought out business plan, and lots of loyal customers who understand the difference. And most important a deep love for humanity and the american family, struggling to survive in this every changing chaos of modern life.

I'd be willing to bet, and I will save this thread, to point out to Jim later. But Hot Spring Spas will be as strong next year as this year. When you sell as much product as they do, any financial struggles will be dealt with in downsizing and nothing more, and at the consumer level you will not even notice.

On the other hand one lawsuit because of a faulting filtering system or a non ETL listed spas electrical problem will put Jimmy boy out of business. But some of us like living on the edge!!!

Let's not forget what happened to watkins on the heater faults a few years back. The only reason the did anything was the consumers said not good enough and threatened a lawsuit, class action against Watkins Mfg. Or the Rovel she design. Lets not forget the failing tiles that they still refuse to deal with Once again the customers demanded through threat of legal action to fix the known defective spa.

I love a reputable company that backs the customer don't you!!!!! :o:o

They are crooks! out to make a buck and are not imune to turning there backs on customers.

See paintnsunni?

Have a nice day.

It is interesting that I just state the facts and opinions. And you start with the personal attacks that I am a liar. That is pathetic.

So how are you qualified and can you post your"barn" and motors you swap????? didn't think so!

I'm not quite sure I see where your coming from Paint guy. If someone is more qualified and god forbid smarter than jim with a more open mind to innovation and options which are different than his, would you reconize it or are you truey that brainwashed that the stuff this bozo spews is the only thing you will ever hear?

I'm not quite sure I see where your coming from Paint guy. If someone is more qualified and god forbid smarter than jim with a more open mind to innovation and options which are different than his, would you reconize it or are you truey that brainwashed that the stuff this bozo spews is the only thing you will ever hear?

geeze Roger, I still have a whole pile of your posts, where you make a bunch of "interesting" but way off posts to consumers.

Your last post about the TA was good, though. How long did it take for you to understand that. I must have told you about 6 times but you still didn't get it. Now, you are rattling off TA post with the best of them. Congratulations! :D

Do you know what a sequestering agent is, now? Tell me what it is?

geeze Roger, I still have a whole pile of your posts, where you make a bunch of "interesting" but way off posts to consumers.

Your last post about the TA was good, though. How long did it take for you to understand that. I must have told you about 6 times but you still didn't get it. Now, you are rattling off TA post with the best of them. Congratulations! :D

Do you know what a sequestering agent is, now? Tell me what it is?

Hi Jim....finaly got a response out of you, you have been so busy trying to sell spas in every post you haven't even noticed me....good because I am not here for you, just for the consumers and to make sure they don't catch what your pitching with out knowing that you are nothing but what you are the master at, BS. I will not even grace you with an answer as you have never ever answered a direct question in your life.

How about a T-Drill Jim do you know what that is, sure you do you can look it up on the internet. But until this point you never knew in your wildest dreams they made such a thing, they cost 4500 bucks. Check it out, if you can find it, I bought 2 for the company I work for.

And the day you think you taught me anything may come in your dreams, a monkey could figure this stuff out.

Dissclaimer............that is not meant as an insult to any of the spa proffesionals out there except Jim.

Jim the Jim an internet salesman of rebranded tubs tell us:

It is interesting that I just state the facts and opinions. And you start with the personal attacks that I am a liar. That is pathetic.

Your lies are very well documented through out this site as well as other sites on the internet. If there is anyone who has questions about you charecture, they can simpley look for themselves. Why, one can simply tab back in this thread and see where you have lied.

I feel bad for the person who posted this as they wanted info on "Costcohotsprings Vs Keys Backyard, Need info on Costco Spas" and when they come back to the site and see all these posts they will probably be all excited thinking there will be lots of good info and read this rubbish. Why is he allowed to hijack these threads? The back and forth arguing with him seems equally pointless. I personally find these quite entertaining but I think anyone coming to this site just for hot tub info must be completely turned off.

I feel bad for the person who posted this as they wanted info on "Costcohotsprings Vs Keys Backyard, Need info on Costco Spas" and when they come back to the site and see all these posts they will probably be all excited thinking there will be lots of good info and read this rubbish. Why is he allowed to hijack these threads? The back and forth arguing with him seems equally pointless. I personally find these quite entertaining but I think anyone coming to this site just for hot tub info must be completely turned off.

I think most consumers are smarter than Jim will ever give them credit. And as long as we keep reminding Jim and potential consumers of the truth, and unskew the facts they will see right through his particular brand of BS

Lest we give up the battle before the end of the war. Jims credibility has done nothing but decrease in the 5-6 years I have been visiting all the web forums. He has continualy stated his superiority over all others and pounding his chest and informing us of his wealthy, papered customers. This tells me one thing, deep down he is on his way out. This post along with several others will garner a strong rebutle from him but he knows it but will never show it, time for his demise....to bad it has to be so slow and agonizing for not only him, but all of us.

your right on that point! So the Keys backyard seems to have more jets, stereo and a larger tub but possibly less insulation...... The Hotsprings is a name brand recognized but is $1800.00 more and a smaller spa with less features. either way costco has your back on guaranteed satisfaction!