Platinumselitepacontrolconsole

65ASULZER

Hi,

Just to let you all know the Platinum Elites have arrived at Costco in Glasgow,Scotland. I have been fortunate to have been able to afford to get one. For the price of £3000. I bought it in February of 2006 and installed it in early September 2006. I had to hire a crane to lift it over my house , as a homer for £100, and put it into position. Unfortunately the crane damaged my monobloc driveway. £300 to fix. However I managed to carry out the repair by myself, and saved some money.

It all works absolutely fine but there are no markings on the control console in order to identify which bottons do what?

It has a rectangular LED display to the left and all it seems to be able to display is the temperature.

To the left of the LED panel are 2 rows of 4 white see through plastic buttons. The top row of 4 appear to control the pumps,waterfall, blowers, and lights not necessary in that order but near enough. Does anyone know what the bottom row of buttons do, and in what order that they are all arranged in ?

I am thinking of building a decking around it, and some kind of covering to give protection to users as I am partially overlooked by other neighbours.

I hope to see in the Hogmany by celebrating with my wife and children whilst being in it whilst the snow is falling. ODE to my wife and family :" I will love you until the deserts turn to ice and the camels go skating by your window" !

Thanks to all who respond.

Hi,

Just to let you all know the Platinum Elites have arrived at Costco in Glasgow,Scotland. I have been fortunate to have been able to afford to get one. For the price of £3000. I bought it in February of 2006 and installed it in early September 2006. I had to hire a crane to lift it over my house , as a homer for £100, and put it into position. Unfortunately the crane damaged my monobloc driveway. £300 to fix. However I managed to carry out the repair by myself, and saved some money.

It all works absolutely fine but there are no markings on the control console in order to identify which bottons do what?

It has a rectangular LED display to the left and all it seems to be able to display is the temperature.

To the left of the LED panel are 2 rows of 4 white see through plastic buttons. The top row of 4 appear to control the pumps,waterfall, blowers, and lights not necessary in that order but near enough. Does anyone know what the bottom row of buttons do, and in what order that they are all arranged in ?

I am thinking of building a decking around it, and some kind of covering to give protection to users as I am partially overlooked by other neighbours.

I hope to see in the Hogmany by celebrating with my wife and children whilst being in it whilst the snow is falling. ODE to my wife and family :" I will love you until the deserts turn to ice and the camels go skating by your window" !

Try going to the manufactures website, or look in the owners manual for a number to call to get a topside sticker so your controles will be marked.

NOTE: another prime example of what happens without dealer support. No dealer, no support.

Hi,

All my buttons are labeled, so the Euro Control is different. Check elitespas.com and see if there is any help there, however it is only for spas sold in the US and Canada. Mine has a Balboa control with 3 buttons left and 4 buttons right of the display, the Mode button is the first button on the left with no button above it, next is Temp Up above Temp Down, then the display. Right of the display is 2 rows of 2 buttons. Top left is the light, top right is the blower, bottom left is pump 1 bottom right is pump 2. Good luck, if it is as good as mine you have a great tub.

May seem stupid but I had purchased a tool one time and it had a protective lable over the control panel.

I did not know it for several months until it started to peal off.

To my surprize under it was the control panel complete with markings.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice Dennnis, just checked and no protective labels. The pumps also seem to start up on a regular basis automatically every 4 or 5 hours or so.

I know that they are meant to do this every 24 hours or so but if only I knew what the buttons were for I could maybe have more control over this.

I have e mailed Platinum as advised by another tub owner on the forum and I am waiting for a reply.

Heavy rain and high winds here in Glasgow, Scotland at the moment even the Haggis are hibernating !

All my buttons are labeled, so the Euro Control is different. Check elitespas.com and see if there is any help there, however it is only for spas sold in the US and Canada. Mine has a Balboa control with 3 buttons left and 4 buttons right of the display, the Mode button is the first button on the left with no button above it, next is Temp Up above Temp Down, then the display. Right of the display is 2 rows of 2 buttons. Top left is the light, top right is the blower, bottom left is pump 1 bottom right is pump 2. Good luck, if it is as good as mine you have a great tub.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my problem. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for but unfortunately the buttons are grouped together on the right of the display 2 rows of 4. I have e mailed platinum at the suggestion of another person on the forum in the hope of a reply. If there is anyone else who may help please advise. I forgot to say it is a Platinum Elite mark 1.

Thanks again.

Try going to the manufactures website, or look in the owners manual for a number to call to get a topside sticker so your controles will be marked.

NOTE: another prime example of what happens without dealer support. No dealer, no support.

Thank you for your prompy reply regarding the console problem. Mine is a classic case of "failing to prepare is preparing to fail." I was a bit hasty in buying the Hot Tub when I seen it at first. it was very appealing to me, my wife and my family. and it was to some extent an impulsive buy. Everyone I know was very positive about it when I bought it. it lay on my driveway from February 2006 until September 2006 until I figured out how to get it into my back garden. This problem is not a big deal and I hope that there are no big problems ahead. I actually read through all of the posts on the site (34 pages) and there are very mixed reviews. Almost everone has had some enjoyment out their Hot Tub. I live in a reasonable climate apart from the amount of rain at times, and I would probably worry more if I had the severe weather extremeties of Canada and America.

You are right about Dealer Support but with the Costco Guarantee I thought that everything would be hunkydory, and I was assured it would be by the Manager of Costco when I bought the item. I have kept my receipt.

Thanks again, and any information you receive on the buttons would be welcome.

May seem stupid but I had purchased a tool one time and it had a protective lable over the control panel.

I did not know it for several months until it started to peal off.

To my surprize under it was the control panel complete with markings.

Good Luck

OK, my curiousity is getting the best of me. What is "Hogmany"? I have mental images of a decidedly porcine nature. . .

From my experience, it is best for all if the Haggis remain in hibernation. I tried some at a Robert Burns party, and I must say that I didn't really find it to my liking. Perhaps if my Scottish friend hadn't explained to me what it was. . . :wacko:

Back to the topic - any chance you could post a picture of your control panel?

Regards,

Altazi

OK, my curiousity is getting the best of me. What is "Hogmany"? I have mental images of a decidedly porcine nature. . .

From my experience, it is best for all if the Haggis remain in hibernation. I tried some at a Robert Burns party, and I must say that I didn't really find it to my liking. Perhaps if my Scottish friend hadn't explained to me what it was. . . :wacko:

Regards,

Altazi

Hogmanay, Scottish New year celabrations.

Regards,

Altazi

Hogmanay is tehnically speaking the 31 st of December until 0000 hrs. When we in Scotland open our doors and say goodbye to the Old Year and welcome in the New Year usually with a dram (whisky) or other favourable alocoholic beverage. Unfortunately after a few drams it usually ends with a family argument, or stand up fight, about some old auntie who is actually someone elses daughter and the Police are usually called. Happy families. I am sure you have eaten a lot worse than haggis and believe it or not there is a vegetarian version of it which tastes okay. Have you heard of Black Pudding this is another popular Scottish savoury. Guess what it`s made with ?

I will see what I can do about the picture.

Thank You for your concerns.

Hogmanay is tehnically speaking the 31 st of December until 0000 hrs. When we in Scotland open our doors and say goodbye to the Old Year and welcome in the New Year usually with a dram (whisky) or other favourable alocoholic beverage. Unfortunately after a few drams it usually ends with a family argument, or stand up fight, about some old auntie who is actually someone elses daughter and the Police are usually called. Happy families. I am sure you have eaten a lot worse than haggis and believe it or not there is a vegetarian version of it which tastes okay. Have you heard of Black Pudding this is another popular Scottish savoury. Guess what it`s made with ?

I will see what I can do about the picture.

Thank You for your concerns.

Ahh, I see the correct spelling is "Hogmanay". In any event, it sounds like a wonderful celebration - up until the arguments & fights. . .

Of course I have eaten worse things than haggis; I at university food for four years ;)

In general, I am not fond of most tihngs vegetarian, but I would make an exception in the case of haggis. . .

Let's see, without Googling it, I would guess that black pudding probably includes blood. OK. time to Google. " [black pudding] is essentially congealed pig's blood in a length of intestine." Oh, nice. I'm even eating lunch right now. :blink: Sorry, but that sounds repulsive to me! Sounds rather far removed from the "Chieftain o' the puddin' race!"

Still want to see the pics, though!

Ahh, I see the correct spelling is "Hogmanay". In any event, it sounds like a wonderful celebration - up until the arguments & fights. . .

Of course I have eaten worse things than haggis; I at university food for four years ;)

In general, I am not fond of most tihngs vegetarian, but I would make an exception in the case of haggis. . .

Let's see, without Googling it, I would guess that black pudding probably includes blood. OK. time to Google. " [black pudding] is essentially congealed pig's blood in a length of intestine." Oh, nice. I'm even eating lunch right now. :blink: Sorry, but that sounds repulsive to me! Sounds rather far removed from the "Chieftain o' the puddin' race!"

Still want to see the pics, though!

Don't knock it till you try it. Black Pudding is great for breakfast with eggs & bacon, I prefer mine with Colmans English mustard.

• 1 month later...

thats just a dumg thing to say..... all he has to do is call customer service and they will take care of it

paintnsunni, you have gone above and beyond someone trying to justify their purchase and are beginning to appear to be a representative of Hydro Spas.

Answering posts that are MONTHS old, and speaking with such authority for a new spa owner with little experience is typically a clear give-away.

Nope, not a rep just a guy home on injured reserve and actually reading the post of people and not offering help but jabs that are simply not true. Just plain commen sense says to call the number on your manuall. If you had a D-1 with a issue no one from the dealer is going to through osmosis call and tell the customer" you are about to have a issue but since we at D-1 being proactive are going to give you Dealer support without you ever haveing to call". I am sure I'd call 1-800-D1Spa or whatever to ask for asistence, correct me if I am wrong here. So I'm not sure why there is a issue to call Hydrospa or email them for help and how that is any different then any"Quality Spa". Wether it be D-1, H.S. or Sundance, Artic abd the rest. As for old post well I have time.

paintnsunni, you have gone above and beyond someone trying to justify their purchase and are beginning to appear to be a representative of Hydro Spas.

Answering posts that are MONTHS old, and speaking with such authority for a new spa owner with little experience is typically a clear give-away.

While we will never be able to prove it Dr., it does appear that paintnsunni (strange name) only posts regarding HydroSpa issues. He even gave an unsolicited sales presentation on the Clearwater tub thread. Very unusual is it not? It is also interesting to continue to read about a whole variety of problems with this brand vs. the rest of the market. And yet there are those who continue to defend them like paint!

you assume I have little experiace. thats ok And the reason hydrospa comes up alot is due to a blatant dislike for no other reason other the a price point in my opinion.

Not the reason at all paint. You are new here (or at least your name is) so I will tell you that I really liked the HydroSpa Omni and Leisure Desire products. They were exactly what I wanted in style of construction, jet layout, seat arrangement, etc. But then I started reading about them and all their problems. Then both dealers here in metro Chicago dropped them, and I realized that I didn't want to take a chance of spending $6-7k without any dealer support and a questionable warranty policy. Quality is really my issue and I think that is why Hydro gets knocked here, at least from us consumers. The dealers may not like them, however, because they sell direct over the internet, Costco, etc.

Not the reason at all paint. You are new here (or at least your name is) so I will tell you that I really liked the HydroSpa Omni and Leisure Desire products. They were exactly what I wanted in style of construction, jet layout, seat arrangement, etc. But then I started reading about them and all their problems. Then both dealers here in metro Chicago dropped them, and I realized that I didn't want to take a chance of spending $6-7k without any dealer support and a questionable warranty policy. Quality is really my issue and I think that is why Hydro gets knocked here, at least from us consumers. The dealers may not like them, however, because they sell direct over the internet, Costco, etc.

The reason that the dealers are dropping them is from what I hear do to Hydrospa and there commision structure allowed to dealers is not as large as other brands. If I was a dealer that had a spa with 30 to 40 pecent markup on my showroom floor or Hydrospa wth a 15 40 prcent mark up, It's pretty obvious which product I'd rather have on my floor an want to sell. Qualty issues? From what I have seen most issues are only general operateing issues with the functions of the spa. This spa is like a H.S. in the way off "set it and forget it " ease of use but also allows custom settings if you desire. The price point you say is also what I saw with my wife that being $6-7k so when Costco had the exact spa for $3999!!!!! No brainer there! I could pay a spa repair guy a lot of cash to fix thje spa with no support and save a lot of cash. that is worst case scenaio as I haven't seen any post of someone being left for dead with no support from Hydrospa.I also really like the Clearwater Spas in Woodinville, close enough for a nice drive.

My guess is that NewNWSpaOwner and Paintdummy --who can neither spell nor write-- are working for Hydrospa because both claim to be amateurs yet regularly shoot little personal attacks at other posters who disagree with them or post negative info about Hydrospa. Paintdummy also dispenses advice as if he --or she-- is a spa expert and seems to know an awful lot about solving troubles with Hydrospa tubs. This leads any smart reader to the clear conclusion that Paintdummy has a lot of trouble with the Hydrospa tub. Otherwise, why else would he be regularly calling the tech line form help.

In recent post, they have somehow also incorrectly inferred that because I have written about my negative experience with a Hydrospa tub, that I am not very technically skilled.

Fortunately, for me, that is untrue. In fact, my educational and professional backgrounds are scientific and technical. I am very able to troubleshoot and these devices. Having worked in aerospace, I do not find hot tubs particularly complex. I just do not like spending time repairing brand new products. If I wanted a fixer-upper, I would have gone to the second-hand store.

However, since they have once more offered me an opportunity to come down on Hydrospa products, I will take the opening. If you do in fact work for Hydrospa as apologists –a big word for our friend who cannot write or spell– you will do well to write nice things about their lousy firm and avoid leaving critical comments about forum members who express opposing opinions.

My miserable Hydrospa experience started the day the crane placed the tub in our yard and the expert electrician connected it. Our main problem with the Hydrospa Platinum Elite unit is some type of electrical circuit board malfunction that causes pump1 to surge erratically and uncontrollably. Others have documented this issue in this forum, so I am not the only one who has had this problem. I tried calling and emailing Hydrospa, but got very poor response. After I finally got through, the first diagnosis by their genius techs was that I had an airlock problem. They told me I had to release trapped air from the system. To do this, I had to open the side panels, loosen some plumbing and drain out the air. By the time I lugged out my tools from the garage, the process required about 20 minutes worth of effort. It is not particularly easy to access the fittings and it is a pain in the rear to do this to a new product on a regular basis. I told them it occurred regularly, but somehow they deduced it was airlock. Imagine doing this every other day. How fun. In the end, their diagnosis was incorrect, because the problem persisted. The only way to stop the surging was to kill the breaker. I later found out this reboots the microchips on the main controller. Just like a hard reboot on an old PC.

I called back and finally got through a second time. This time the tech who answered began by accusing me of incorrectly adding water and somehow being responsible for the surging trouble. Another poster on this forum has also written about being blamed by the Hydrospa techs, so apparently this is a regular tactic. I did not take the blame and threatened to return the spa to COSTCO. This approach got them motivated and the tech ADMITTED that they were aware of the issue I was describing and attributed –another big word for dumdum—the troubles to a defective control pad that caused the pump to surge. They sent a replacement part and a very nice local tech came and installed it. He also fixed a leak that was flooding the base of the inner cabinet with water. The unit worked for a couple days, then the control pad got wet and same problem occurred.

I called the tech and he got Hydrospa to send a different part. This time they sent a new heater core and main control unit. The friendly local tech replaced it and again, it worked a few days before the same surging problem occurred.

My point in all of this is that why in the hell should any consumer go out of the way to prod and cajole a product manufacturer to repair a defective product. In any business, operational excellence is defined by the way the company treats its customer. Hydrospa so far has:

 Ignored my emails and phone calls

 Given me bad advice on how to correct the problem

 Called and left pleasant-sounding messages without taking any real action

 Tried to blame me for the problem – this is a horrendous blunder

 Incorrectly diagnosed the problem

 Failed to repair the unit properly

It is not my job to fix or troubleshoot a brand new $4,000 spa. If you and Paintdummy enjoy buying crappy merchandise, then good for you. Enjoy it. When I buy a new product, particularly a big-ticket item, I expect it to function properly. If it does not, then the seller is legally and morally responsible for reasonably correcting the problem promptly. My role in this transaction is supposed to be to set up, maintain and enjoy the tub.

I am glad that COSTCO will allow me to return it and I will keep posting this info because I hope it helps someone avoid the trouble of dealing with Hydrospa, in my experience an unresponsive company that makes a poor quality spa. Anyone interested can just check out the threads in this forum for info on Hydrospa. Thank God I have the COSTCO return option otherwise I’d be stuck like some people here: http://www.tattletaleconsumerhotline.com/Retailers.htm

So keep it up boys, you’ve really ticked me off with your barbs. My guess is that you are paid by Hydrospa, but if NewNWSpaOwner and Paintdummy are just ordinary citizens, my suggestion is that they stick to dispensing useful suggestions and refrain –another big word for you dumdum—from criticizing other posters.

Thats the best you can do is call me paintdummy???? and say I can't type or spell.... Well to bad for you! I don't ever recall personally attacking you in that fashion on a personal level as you are now.

As for my typing well your right! I'll let you know why....I have a shatterd wrist so it's very hard to type accurately one handed so I do the best can. Sorry if that bugs you.

If you trully hate your tub, get it back to costco and get a real tub if thats your opinion. Btw. Costco here has not had one tub returned from this series yet they sold well over one hundred units from one store just this summer. Go figure!

The Other thing I notice in your post is nothing is based on factual evidence that Hydrospa is a bad product. Can you also show me where I made fun of one member here???? I think not!!!!!I have never implied a lack of skill or knowledge on your part or anyone else as you have attacked me and others.

In my feild of construction on commercial projects. I have a great deal of construction background with methods, circ. pumps and materials used in the trade in general but, never have nor will I claim to be a Spa expert.I am not.

As to customer service and my experiance? Ive orderd filters from them and called to learn how to adjust my filter time. So your assumption is totally false. I just don't understand why so many people post here on a issue that is a simple explanation or repair had they called customer support.

Not sure why you think you need to fix anything? Ive heard that before and don't understand that statement. Again why not avail yourself of Costomer service and let them help you enjoy the tub. good greif! The way your post reads you act like you have to repair the spa when in fact all thats needed is a explanation of your issue with customer service. Wouldn't you need to explain what the spa is doing to any dealer customer service department of a name brand spa? they are not going to send a tech just because you say it isn't working correctly, they need to know what its doing to best asses and repair it correctly.Am I Missing something here?

If you need help in getting through to customer servive, I would be more the happy to get that contact information to you.

Otherwise quit your whinning and return it!

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the best you can do is call me paintdummy???? and say I can't type or spell.... Well to bad for you! I don't ever recall personally attacking you in that fashion on a personal level as you are now.

As for my typing well your right! I'll let you know why....I have a shatterd wrist so it's very hard to type accurately one handed so I do the best can. Sorry if that bugs you.

If you trully hate your tub, get it back to costco and get a real tub if thats your opinion. Btw. Costco here has not had one tub returned from this series yet they sold well over one hundred units from one store just this summer. Go figure!

The Other thing I notice in your post is nothing is based on factual evidence that Hydrospa is a bad product. Can you also show me where I made fun of one member here???? I think not!!!!!I have never implied a lack of skill or knowledge on your part or anyone else as you have attacked me and others.

In my feild of construction on commercial projects. I have a great deal of construction background with methods, circ. pumps and materials used in the trade in general but, never have nor will I claim to be a Spa expert.I am not.

As to customer service and my experiance? Ive orderd filters from them and called to learn how to adjust my filter time. So your assumption is totally false. I just don't understand why so many people post here on a issue that is a simple explanation or repair had they called customer support.

Not sure why you think you need to fix anything? Ive heard that before and don't understand that statement. Again why not avail yourself of Costomer service and let them help you enjoy the tub. good greif! The way your post reads you act like you have to repair the spa when in fact all thats needed is a explanation of your issue with customer service. Wouldn't you need to explain what the spa is doing to any dealer customer service department of a name brand spa? they are not going to send a tech just because you say it isn't working correctly, they need to know what its doing to best asses and repair it correctly.Am I Missing something here?

If you need help in getting through to customer servive, I would be more the happy to get that contact information to you.

Otherwise quit your whinning and return it!

I am happy to report that I am calling Hydrospa to fix the unit. We'll see just how good they are.

The reason that the dealers are dropping them is from what I hear do to Hydrospa and there commision structure allowed to dealers is not as large as other brands. If I was a dealer that had a spa with 30 to 40 pecent markup on my showroom floor or Hydrospa wth a 15 40 prcent mark up, It's pretty obvious which product I'd rather have on my floor an want to sell. Qualty issues? From what I have seen most issues are only general operateing issues with the functions of the spa. This spa is like a H.S. in the way off "set it and forget it " ease of use but also allows custom settings if you desire. The price point you say is also what I saw with my wife that being $6-7k so when Costco had the exact spa for $3999!!!!! No brainer there! I could pay a spa repair guy a lot of cash to fix thje spa with no support and save a lot of cash. that is worst case scenaio as I haven't seen any post of someone being left for dead with no support from Hydrospa.I also really like the Clearwater Spas in Woodinville, close enough for a nice drive.

How in the world does someone who claims he is not in the spa industry get knowledge about commission structures for manufacturers? I think you are dishonest and deceptive about your intent and they should ask you to leave the board.

You'll just come back as another name-- Spababe-- and load up the board with posts about Hydrospa. For the record, the spa is not worth the risk at $3,999.

Regards,

Altazi

Hi Altazi

Firstly I apologise to you to you with regards to me getting back to you with a photograph of my Tub controls. I have had problems with the Net and have only recently got back on line. I still have not been able to take a photo as I still have to work out or take advice on how to attach it to this forum item. We have had great enjoyment with the Tub up until last week. I am overlooked by neighbours and have it sited in my back garden and it is covered using a hexagonal Gazebo type of tent that I bought from IKEA (Swedish company). It fits around the Tub perfectedly with enough room to move around when exiting the Tub. However it blew away ! It`s a good job there was nobody in it at the time !

The storms and high winds in Scotland over the last few weeks have been plentiful. I have recovered the tent and it has some damage. I have decided that it is staying unattached to the frame for now.

Hopefully I will enclose the Tub with something more suitable in the future.

if I work out how to attach a photo I will post it.

Thank you for your concerns.