Platinumselitepacontrolconsole

65ASULZER

i can post a pic of my control. if it will help you.

if its suitable, i can email you some artwork, and you can hire a local decal place to make you an overlay to stick on so you can see what your doing. lol

Well, i can tell you off the top of my head exactly what controls do what, my hot tub (same one) has the same config so maybe theres an america config, and a UK/canada config, but here it is Left to right

First Row: Jets 1(Jets closest to control also 2 speeds press it once for low twice for high and a third time for off) Jets 2, Blower, Light (If you press it multiple times it goes diff colors :P

Second Row: Temp Down, Temp Up, Nothing, Nothing(At least on my tub)...

Well, i can tell you off the top of my head exactly what controls do what, my hot tub (same one) has the same config so maybe theres an america config, and a UK/canada config, but here it is Left to right

First Row: Jets 1(Jets closest to control also 2 speeds press it once for low twice for high and a third time for off) Jets 2, Blower, Light (If you press it multiple times it goes diff colors :P

Hi Bart,

Ive been having problems with the Net, sorry about the response time. Your Tub sounds just like mine and 2 of the bottom row buttons, like yours, appear to do nothing. However the Tub in general has been working great and I have encountered no problems as yet (touch wood). I live in Scotland and there are not many Tub owners here although I think that the idea of owning one is catching on. The normal thing here is that some people buy a house and add a conservatory and maybe monobloc their front drives. Decking has also become popular. In fact I am intent on getting decking done around the Tub with some sort of semi-pemanent covering. The idea of having a Tub in the garden would definitely make the house more attractive to a buyer. Not that I am thinking of moving.

Thanks for the info, and keep in touch!

65A SULZER

i can post a pic of my control. if it will help you.

if its suitable, i can email you some artwork, and you can hire a local decal place to make you an overlay to stick on so you can see what your doing. lol

Hi Firestorm (great name is it after an X man character?). Sorry I took so long in replying. The Pigeon Post sometimes does not get through in Scotland. I was thinking about a monthly rental deal with Wells Fargo instead of the Internet. However its working now.

Please post a picture of your controls. As you can probably read Barts description of his controls, mines sound similar.

Thank You for your concerns, and keep in touch.

65A SULZER

Firestorm has been my online callsign since bbs days. My friends call me Fire, i real life as well...

If this works, i'll work on it further.

IPB Image

Hi Fire or Hi-five,

Great Graphics but not like my Elite Platinum Spa mark 1. Mines has a temperature LED readout in Centigrade, and to the right of it are two rows of 4 white see through buttons with no indications of what they do. What is bbs ?

I have just encountered a problem on Sunday with the Tub. It was working wonderfully on Saturday and heating at 37.5 C and when I looked at it on Sunday the temperature had fell to 16.5 C. I never touched anything to cause this that I am aware of, and I am getting slightly concerned as the weather is starting to become more wintry here in Glasgow. What is really annoying me is that me and my kids all enjoyed using the tub during heavy rainfall and cold nights. There is something comforting about being in hot water during these conditions. Its like being in a swimming pool whilst on holiday and it starts to rain really heavily. I usually stay in the pool.

I tried tripping the main C/B in the house for the Tub but the temperature gauge has not moved much. Above the top 4 white buttons there are 3 lots of little red LED lights that have started flashing. Any thoughts. The Tub is only 8 months old and has been installed since late September and does not get used much, once or twice a week.

All comments welcome.

Thanks for your concerns

65ASULZER

Hi Bart,

It appears my last reply to you has ended up in Firestorms post, sorry.my fault. Ignorance is no Bliss.

Please could you take the time to read my current post to Fire cocerning a problem I have just encountered with the Tub, and any advice from you would be most welcome.

Merry Christmas

65ASULZER

No mystery. Just some wishful thinking on my part. I recently turned on the breaker after leaving it off for a few weeks and it reset, apparently seeming to work properly. I ran the thing for a week without using it and got the chemistry in order. My kids and I sat in it tonight for about 20 minutes, then, without warning, the pump-surging problem started again. I shut the breaker off and will wait for the backordered parts come in to see if the tech can finally fix it. I really do hope they fix it. Its nice to sit in when it works and for $4,000 it still seems like a decent deal if they can get it to work. What a pain in the asteroids!

No mystery. Just some wishful thinking on my part. I recently turned on the breaker after leaving it off for a few weeks and it reset, apparently seeming to work properly. I ran the thing for a week without using it and got the chemistry in order. My kids and I sat in it tonight for about 20 minutes, then, without warning, the pump-surging problem started again. I shut the breaker off and will wait for the backordered parts come in to see if the tech can finally fix it. I really do hope they fix it. Its nice to sit in when it works and for $4,000 it still seems like a decent deal if they can get it to work. What a pain in the asteroids!

Hi JM,

I tripped the C/B on my Tub after an unusual fluctuation from 38C to 1C and the appearance of 3 lots of red flashing LED lights. I left it for approximately 2 hours. I then reset the C/B and the flashing red LED have now disappeared and the temperature is now at 37C. My daughter had a birthday party on Saturday afternoon and she and her friends used the Tub. No complaints.

I hope what has happened to yours is not a sign of things to come for mine.

If only Nostradamus was alive and available for a consultancy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

65ASULZER

Hi JM,

I tripped the C/B on my Tub after an unusual fluctuation from 38C to 1C and the appearance of 3 lots of red flashing LED lights. I left it for approximately 2 hours. I then reset the C/B and the flashing red LED have now disappeared and the temperature is now at 37C. My daughter had a birthday party on Saturday afternoon and she and her friends used the Tub. No complaints.

I hope what has happened to yours is not a sign of things to come for mine.

If only Nostradamus was alive and available for a consultancy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

65ASULZER

I hope you guys don't have problems for the holidays! Good luck to both of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, funny sounds exactly like what has been happening to my tub, the three little dots flashing and the temp plummetting. What i have done to fix it is trip reset the breaker and open up the control panel unplug the Flow Sensor and plug it in, resets stuff and makes it work again! Its getting kinda annooying tho... Doesn't help that i live in calgary where the outside temp fluctuates insanely, had it happen to me one night at 1 AM my dad was going in the tub and came to get me cause the tub was almost frozen, slight inconvienience. Oh yah if you wanted a picture of the controls send me a PM w/ ur e-mail addy and i would be more than happy to send one.

Hmmm, funny sounds exactly like what has been happening to my tub, the three little dots flashing and the temp plummetting. What i have done to fix it is trip reset the breaker and open up the control panel unplug the Flow Sensor and plug it in, resets stuff and makes it work again! Its getting kinda annooying tho... Doesn't help that i live in calgary where the outside temp fluctuates insanely, had it happen to me one night at 1 AM my dad was going in the tub and came to get me cause the tub was almost frozen, slight inconvienience. Oh yah if you wanted a picture of the controls send me a PM w/ ur e-mail addy and i would be more than happy to send one.

Hi Bart,

the NET is playing up again, thanks for your comments on our similar problems. Mines appear to have gone but it was interesting that it occurred during one of our coldest spells this year when the wind chill factor was very high. I am quite sure that the extremes in weather encountered in your country are a lot more variable than here in mainland Scotland. I thought these Tubs were scientifically designed and could cope easily with mild climates like my own country. They are meant for outdoor use! I sound like a grumpy old man, sorry. I am having a party on New Years eve and all of the adults, and kids that are coming have been advised to bring their bathing costumes, and use the Tub. What a sight especially if the snow is falling. A firework display is also planned.

AWRABESTFURRANE`ERDAY (All the best for New Years Day)

65A SULZER

I hope you guys don't have problems for the holidays! Good luck to both of you.

Hi Brulan 1,

Thank you for concerns but as you can probably read through previous correspondence with Bart it appears that he has made a bid for the 2007 world curling championships to be held in Calgary using his Tub as the main venue.

I truly sympathise with him and this old adage comes to mind `My thoughts are with you when the deserts turn to ice, and the camels go skating by your windows.`or a bit more cruder `wise eskimo no eat yellow snow.`

All the best for 2007

Happy New Year

65A SULZER