Narrowing The List ... Tub By Tub

utah

I have wet tested all but the Marquis.

Marquis: To the credit of the sales professional at Marquis, he stopped me after he heard how I planned to use the tub (social tub, good family time with wife & two young daughters, and maybe a bit of therapy). He said he knew the tub I would like best but that it would not be in for 2 more weeks (Enrich series?). Left him my name and number. Salesperson shared that warranty xfers if I sell the unit....I like that.

Sundance - I really liked how quiet the tub (Optima) was. Big and open. Waterfall running off of circulation pump was a plus (peaceful). Sales rep very knowledgable but not pushy. In business 20 plus years. 10 plus with Sundance. I am not a fan of jets but one of the seats was very comfortable (and quiet) with the jets on. Thats a first for all my wet tests!

Cal Spa - 23 year dealer, Salesperson with them 15 years. Salesman came from Catalina dealership 15 years ago. Said issues with Catalina warranty back then. Looked at the 8 seat Avalon series. Seemed like a fair amount of tub for the money. Claimed Cal Spa builds 500-800 tubs a day. Mostly using robots to drill and piece it together. Said high number of manufacturing units means lots of engineering and many fewer leaks. Claimed pumps, heater and ozonator was warrantied for life. Did not like that jet pumps had to be on for waterfall to work. Like the feel of the tub but personally would likely run it with the jets off.

Hotsprings - I like the Grandee. Big, big, big. As I do not like loungers, the layout works for me. Tub felt like it was very well built. Seemed pricey for the feature set. Had a used 10 year old Grandee for $1,400. Started thinking....since I don't like the jets anyways, why not go with a big tub? The new ones are georgeous though. Did not like the dealership. Both folks working there had been with the dealer less than 6 months. The saleman showing me the tub shared that today was his last day and that on Tuesday he will start working as a ..... financial advisor. No background in the field just thinks the money will be better and the hours less intense.

Let know if you have any comments thoughts on my observations to date. I welcome your input.

- What do you think about what the Calspa dealer shared about quality driven by large mass production

- Would a 10 year old HS Grandee become an expensive plant pot in a year or two?

- Other thoughts?

Thanks

Doug

I have wet tested all but the Marquis.

Marquis: To the credit of the sales professional at Marquis, he stopped me after he heard how I planned to use the tub (social tub, good family time with wife & two young daughters, and maybe a bit of therapy). He said he knew the tub I would like best but that it would not be in for 2 more weeks (Enrich series?). Left him my name and number. Salesperson shared that warranty xfers if I sell the unit....I like that.

Sundance - I really liked how quiet the tub (Optima) was. Big and open. Waterfall running off of circulation pump was a plus (peaceful). Sales rep very knowledgable but not pushy. In business 20 plus years. 10 plus with Sundance. I am not a fan of jets but one of the seats was very comfortable (and quiet) with the jets on. Thats a first for all my wet tests!

Cal Spa - 23 year dealer, Salesperson with them 15 years. Salesman came from Catalina dealership 15 years ago. Said issues with Catalina warranty back then. Looked at the 8 seat Avalon series. Seemed like a fair amount of tub for the money. Claimed Cal Spa builds 500-800 tubs a day. Mostly using robots to drill and piece it together. Said high number of manufacturing units means lots of engineering and many fewer leaks. Claimed pumps, heater and ozonator was warrantied for life. Did not like that jet pumps had to be on for waterfall to work. Like the feel of the tub but personally would likely run it with the jets off.

Hotsprings - I like the Grandee. Big, big, big. As I do not like loungers, the layout works for me. Tub felt like it was very well built. Seemed pricey for the feature set. Had a used 10 year old Grandee for $1,400. Started thinking....since I don't like the jets anyways, why not go with a big tub? The new ones are georgeous though. Did not like the dealership. Both folks working there had been with the dealer less than 6 months. The saleman showing me the tub shared that today was his last day and that on Tuesday he will start working as a ..... financial advisor. No background in the field just thinks the money will be better and the hours less intense.

Let know if you have any comments thoughts on my observations to date. I welcome your input.

- What do you think about what the Calspa dealer shared about quality driven by large mass production

- Would a 10 year old HS Grandee become an expensive plant pot in a year or two?

- Other thoughts?

Thanks

Doug

HotSprings, Marquis & Sundance are in my humble opinion the top three spa manufacturers. You would be happy with any one of those. Cal spa is no way making 800 units a day, with or without robots. A ten year old Grandee, if in good condition will last you another ten years. But would'nt you want a new one in stunning sterling marble with muti colored led lights. Check one out in a darkened mood room, with a Spaudio system.........awesome!!

Cal Spa - Claimed Cal Spa builds 500-800 tubs a day. Mostly using robots to drill and piece it together.

Thanks

Doug

IPB Image

500 spas X 250 work days = 125,000 spas. Baloney!

800 spas X 250 work days = 200,000 spas. Smokin' dope!

500 spas X 50 WEEKS = 25,00 spas. Possibly.

Note: The picture didn't show. Have pictures been banned?

Terminator

I don't sell 'em but I was totally blown away by a recent opportunity to test an Epic by Marquis.

Don't make up your mind till ya try it!

Steve

Cal Spas is killing the competition in Colorado with a lot of advertising and their spas are better than they have ever been. Their prices are lower for the actual construction. I don't know about their serivce.

We don't consider them to be competition to our products.

Cal Spas is killing the competition in Colorado with a lot of advertising and their spas are better than they have ever been.

I know how you can tell if they are doing a lot of advertising: look in the paper, listen to the radio or watch local TV.

But what are you basing your claim that they are 'killing the competition?' Do you have some numbers, and of course, do you have some place we can go to verify those numbers?

I'm not trying to argue here - but if you are going to offer an opinion, make sure it is posted as an opinion. If you have some facts, share the site or other place we can go to verify those 'facts.'

Thank you.

Cal spas has the capability to produce 600 in a day but there would be a quality control issue as every tub has to be water tested for a half hour. I haven t been to the new facility yet but I dont think there is enough people to do quality check lists for that many tubs in a day. I can also say though out of the last 15 people Ive dealt with its been between Arctic and us(Cal) 10 have signed with us It also helps when you have customers who still love their 14yr old Calspa and are willing to promote the brand without some sort of kicker

I know how you can tell if they are doing a lot of advertising: look in the paper, listen to the radio or watch local TV.

But what are you basing your claim that they are 'killing the competition?' Do you have some numbers, and of course, do you have some place we can go to verify those numbers?

I'm not trying to argue here - but if you are going to offer an opinion, make sure it is posted as an opinion. If you have some facts, share the site or other place we can go to verify those 'facts.'

Thank you.

I sit here and laugh at the very thought that someone even would think its possible for any factory to ever even produce that amount of spas a day, I can only wonder where that bogus lie came from , I will definately say that we absolutely positively sell more spas in Colorado and Minnesota than any other company out here, and yes sales are up, and yes we are advertising heavily. as far as prices being down thats just not so as we took a slight price increase in January. Oh and yes Hot Spring is still our number one competitor they do build a good product.

I sit here and laugh at the very thought that someone even would think its possible for any factory to ever even produce that amount of spas a day, I can only wonder where that bogus lie came from , I will definately say that we absolutely positively sell more spas in Colorado and Minnesota than any other company out here, and yes sales are up, and yes we are advertising heavily. as far as prices being down thats just not so as we took a slight price increase in January. Oh and yes Hot Spring is still our number one competitor they do build a good product.

Minnesota to huh? I did not know that. I however am married to a few Calspas in the Duluth area. They are between 5-7 years old and most have been neglected and are on there last legs. I love neglected tubs, whatever the brand.

Oh and Jim, you keep reffering to "We" like we have no compitition, or we don't consider them good tubs. Who exactly is "we" You and your employees or?

Thank you.

Have you seen the number of Cal Spa Stores in Colorado? Have you seen how big they are? Have you even been to Colorado? They have a much better spa that a Hot Spring, but are still not in the same quality league as we are. We are a small totally custom shop, that is why nobody is our competition. It takes a person with brains and the willingness to do research to find us. Then when they contact our customers all other brands dissappear from mind. That is our formula.

Cal Spas have a lot of product for the money. Hot Spring has very little for the money, except a fantasy sales pitch and no ANSI dual suctions for safety. Cal Spas are UL listed, unlike Hot Spring who lost their UL listing after the fires. Cal Spas have dual safety suctions according to UL and ANSI, they also have safety shut downs. There are a lot more features per dollar in a Cal Spa.

Geroge, maybe you need to go take a close look at the construction of the Hot Spring so it will help you to offset the BS sales pitch that Watkins has concocted. That way your company's advertising dollars are more effective.

All you have to do is get them to wet test, and to look closely at the equipment adn tell them to look in the filter housing to see how thin their shell is, these are called "laying bombs" that blow up in the competitions face as soon as the Hot Sprgn salesman opens his mouth. All you have to do is use the truth.

unlike Hot Spring who lost their UL listing... All you have to do is use the truth.

Do you know what a dichotomy is?

B)

B)

Ummm. . . Let's see. . . The old Latin is a bit rusty. . . Bear with me. . .

OK, got it. "tomy" is cut, with the "o" in front means as in cut off, and "dich" must be an older form of the slang term for the male appendage. Sounds like a crude ***-change operation. :lol:

B)

Chas, Do you know what the word Truth means?

It means to not violate the trust of mankind by lying to them.

It means to know what you are talking about.

It means that if you make an error to apologize.

It means to be a real man.

My wife calls me an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

Or is it he other way around?:D