2008 Marquis Euphoria Signature

shawv

I just bought a new 2008 Marquis Euphoria Signature yesterday. Our pad is poured but the electrician hasn't been out yet. What do I have to be aware to tell him? I am mostly worried about the routing of the conduit (or whatever) from the emergency shutoff near the spa to the spa.

Where does the power come into the 2008 Marquis Euphoria?

We paid $6090 out the door incl. delivery, I think that was a good price. It has everything except the constellation lighting and stereo. (at least compared to the Jacuzzi J365 that I was about to purchase).

I was also wondering about the Jet nomenclature, what does it mean (HK 8, HK 12, HK 16, HK 40)

I am also a bit confused about how this spa cleans the water

Anyone have any information to pass along regarding the Marquis.

1. First of all, congratulations on your new spa!

2. Secondly, I would think your dealer can answer most of your questions - and I'm somewhat surprised that he or she didn't already do so.

3. I have not priced out Marquis Spas myself, but $6000 for a spa of that size & those features seems outstanding.

4. On most spas, you can run power conduit into the two corners on the side facing the control panel. Again, your dealer can tell you for sure.

5. The numbers in the jets refers to the amount of water that flows through the jet, with higher numbers meaning more water. For example, HK8 pushes 8 gallons per minute through the jet, HK 40 is 40 gallons per minute, etc. I'm not sure what the HK means, but it's probably irrelevant and/or marketing.

6. The tub filters the water by running the 2-speed filter on low speed (and unless you like "flame wars", the less said about that, the better). Aside from the filters themselves, your water may also be ozonated, sanitized, Frogged, etc., depending on whether you purchased those options with the spa. I really hope your dealer will go through all of this with you when you get the spa installed.

7. $6000 for a 44-jet, 2-pump, 400 gallon Marquis? Seriously? I would think they'd run $8000-$10,000 or more. Has anyone else on this forum gotten similar deals?

2. Secondly, I would think your dealer can answer most of your questions - and I'm somewhat surprised that he or she didn't already do so.

3. I have not priced out Marquis Spas myself, but $6000 for a spa of that size & those features seems outstanding.

4. On most spas, you can run power conduit into the two corners on the side facing the control panel. Again, your dealer can tell you for sure.

5. The numbers in the jets refers to the amount of water that flows through the jet, with higher numbers meaning more water. For example, HK8 pushes 8 gallons per minute through the jet, HK 40 is 40 gallons per minute, etc. I'm not sure what the HK means, but it's probably irrelevant and/or marketing.

6. The tub filters the water by running the 2-speed filter on low speed (and unless you like "flame wars", the less said about that, the better). Aside from the filters themselves, your water may also be ozonated, sanitized, Frogged, etc., depending on whether you purchased those options with the spa. I really hope your dealer will go through all of this with you when you get the spa installed.

7. $6000 for a 44-jet, 2-pump, 400 gallon Marquis? Seriously? I would think they'd run $8000-$10,000 or more. Has anyone else on this forum gotten similar deals?

Obviously the price is one reason I went with this spa. I had my mind set on a Jacuzzi J365 for $6995 before taxes & delivery. I then looked at Google at spas and saw that many people had recommended the Marquis (which I had never heard of at that time). I then called the local Marquis dealer and he quoted me the Marquis Euphoria loaded for the same price - $6995. The more we talked about the Marquis Euphoria the more I liked it. He then said that Marquis is having a "March Madness" sale and he had ordered 3 spas at $1000 off regular price so base price loaded for the Marquis Euphoria Signature was $5995 + $150 delivery and around $450 for tax for a total of $6090. The only thing this is missing is the stereo and constellation lighting, he even upgraded the lifter to the covermate 3.

The spa is ozonated and had the tube that had the bromine (and something else I cant remember in it) that unscrewed from the top and pulled out.

the dealer said that it cleans automatically after you use it but I didn't get specifics, but that was one of his important points regarding the Marquis.

You got an AMAZING deal.

The Marquis filtration works like this:

Throughout the day 1 pump comes on at low speed and filters your water at a rate of 80 gallons per minute. The spa skims water at the surface, and also pulls from the bottom. The water pulled from the bottom of the spa is sucked into the bottom of the filter housing, and then into the filter. The factory pre-programmed filtration is 2 hours every 10 hours. On top of that, the spa detects usage and will do a 1 hour automatic clean up cycle after you get out. It actually waits 1/2 hour after the jets shut off for body oils and other debris to float to the surface, then the clean up cycle comes on automatically. With daily usage the spa will be filtering at least 5 hours a day, giving you a total of at least 24,000 gallons of water passing through the filter per day. If desired, the filtration can be turned up to over 115,000 gallons per day!

Your spa will also have the ConstantClean inline water management system. This system uses minerals and bromine in conjunction with ozone to keep the water clean. The system is designed to require very little routine maintenance and very little chemicals in the water. The EPA actually approved the Marquis system to run safely at a chlorine/bromine residual level of 1 part per million. This amount is less than most city water levels. Your dealer should be able to tell you in more detail how the system works.

Congrats and enjoy the spa. It's a good one!

residual level of 1 part per million. This amount is less than most city water levels. Your dealer should be able to tell you in more detail how the system works.

Ummmmmm most city municiple water systems try and reach .125PPM or below at the faucet.

Depending on what part of the country you ae from that is a great deal. Here in Northern Minnesota those go for 6500-7500 Great tub at a great price.

residual level of 1 part per million. This amount is less than most city water levels. Your dealer should be able to tell you in more detail how the system works.

Ummmmmm most city municiple water systems try and reach .125PPM or below at the faucet.

Depending on what part of the country you ae from that is a great deal. Here in Northern Minnesota those go for 6500-7500 Great tub at a great price.

City water in the Portland, OR area is usally between 2 and 8 parts per million.

City water in the Portland, OR area is usally between 2 and 8 parts per million.

Wow....that has to smell right out of the faucet bad like chlorine. At the treatment plants here they never get above 2-5 PPM to sanitize the water as they are filtering and cleaning. But look where we are way up nort and stuff. Maybe our water starts out cleaner. I could't read the level on my Taylor kit most days but once in a while you could smell it so when you tested it then it was still well below 1PPM

There was a big stink about it about a year ago, most people didn't know they even used chlorine in the sanitation process for drinking water or floride.

Hi Shawv,

I too am looking at purchasing a Marquis Euphoria - I love this tub!

Where in the country do you live so I can compare to the prices I'm getting? I've been quoted $7000 for a 2007 floor model without the lights and stereo and $8500 for a 2008 floor model with the lights/stereo.

Have you had it delivered yet? If so, what do you think?

What color combo did you get? Did you get to choose it or was it a floor model?

Thanks for any answers you can give me!

Roseya

Hi Shawv,

Where in the country do you live so I can compare to the prices I'm getting? I've been quoted $7000 for a 2007 floor model without the lights and stereo and $8500 for a 2008 floor model with the lights/stereo.

Where does the power come into the 2008 Marquis Euphoria?

Roseya

Roseya, I live in NJ and just ordered a Marquis Reward Signature for $8250. No lights or stereo, but I was able to order colors I wanted. The Euphoria is a bigger tub with more jets, so I'd think the $8500 floor model is a good deal.

I'm very curious about the "March Madness" sale (mentioned in previous post) and wondering if you'd do as well or better if you ordered one. Sounded like Marquis manufacturer has a discount promotion going on, but hard to tell what the real deal is and what it entails for the dealer. May have to order in quantity,etc. In any case, may be worthwhile discussing with your local dealer. I wish I had!

Hi Shawv,

Roseya

Hi Roseya,

I live in the Sacramento, CA area. The spa is a new spa. (not a floor model). I haven't received it yet, it is coming the middle of this week. The only thing about the March Madness Sale is that the interior color had to be blue which is fine by me (especially at that price).

Originially I was quoted $6995 for the 2008 model Euphoria Signature with all the bells and whistles except the stereo and constellation lights. The March Madness sale took $1000 off of that.

I hope this helped.

• 1 month later...

Obviously the price is one reason I went with this spa. I had my mind set on a Jacuzzi J365 for $6995 before taxes & delivery. I then looked at Google at spas and saw that many people had recommended the Marquis (which I had never heard of at that time). I then called the local Marquis dealer and he quoted me the Marquis Euphoria loaded for the same price - $6995. The more we talked about the Marquis Euphoria the more I liked it. He then said that Marquis is having a "March Madness" sale and he had ordered 3 spas at $1000 off regular price so base price loaded for the Marquis Euphoria Signature was $5995 + $150 delivery and around $450 for tax for a total of $6090. The only thing this is missing is the stereo and constellation lighting, he even upgraded the lifter to the covermate 3.

The spa is ozonated and had the tube that had the bromine (and something else I cant remember in it) that unscrewed from the top and pulled out.

the dealer said that it cleans automatically after you use it but I didn't get specifics, but that was one of his important points regarding the Marquis.

Unfortunately the math doesn't quite add up there...it is more like $6595 with tax and delivery not $6090. I still think that is a great deal...but it made me feel a little better about the price I paid for my Euphoria which was $7000 including Tax and delivery and everything except the stereo option. Their original sale price as many have stated was $6,999, but the dealer came down an additional $600. We feel great about it and can't wait to soak...the concrete pad is being poured as I write!