Brand New Spa, And Its Leaking. Pics, Please Help!

homerandpooh

Jacuzzi 480

Location is under the waterfall side. A 3/4 tubing that has a white plastic connector on it, its dripping(overflowing) from here. There is a matching "connector" above, it doesn't look like they should be connected, but I don't know. It leaks with nothing running. We noticed it after fill up and before we started it. I called for service and I'm waiting for them to call me back. Here are pics of what is leaking.

leakingpiece1.jpg

leakingpiece2.jpg

leakingpiece3.jpg

leakingpiece4.jpg

Roger, I think he was asking for HELP, not for insulting comments. If you actually were to READ his post he said "I called for service and I'm waiting for them to call me back." Hes excited and wants his tub fixed ASAP.

Roger Im sure in your countless years as a "Independent repair technician" Im sure you have worked on many Jacuzzi 480s.

"I called for service and I'm waiting for them to call me back." Hes excited and wants his tub fixed ASAP.

At the risk of voiding the entire warranty? Many warranties read that if repairs are done by an unauthorized repair person the entire warranty is void.

Note from moderator. We now have a zero tolerance for personal attacks. This post contained a personal attack and has been removed!

The original poster is more than welcome to rephrase and repost the message. However if the personal attacks continue the member will be banned.

Easy people, lets try to keep our collective eye on the ball. This guy is just asking for help. He called his dealer and is awaiting their response. I'm sure he posted this here only hoping to get some insight as to the possible cause of the leak.

Slow down there fireball. He obviously posted a picture of the leak source so no insight on that was needed. Sometimes its best to leave it be and let the people who owe you warranty service get a crack at it without the owner monkeying with it. Simply telling him to call his dealer was the proper advice in THIS case IMO.

At the risk of voiding the entire warranty? Many warranties read that if repairs are done by an unauthorized repair person the entire warranty is void.

Does this really happen? If a new spa customer wants to stop a leak in his brand new hot tub and throws a pair of needle-nosed vice-grips on an air line do you really think the dealer will void the warranty?

I think a dealer who would do something like that would not be in business very long.

How did this turn out...is it fixed???

Service guy came out today. They said "that this is the intake for the air system and it must have fallen loose because it was below the water line and that my water level was too high. He afixed it higher up in the cabinet, thus placing it above the water line." Ok, this is what they've told me over the phone, I haven't made it out there to see exactly what he did yet, hopefully that's what it was. I filled my tub to just above the highest jet/below the head rest - as per instructions-. I didn't have it filled too high.

Service guy came out today. They said "that this is the intake for the air system and it must have fallen loose because it was below the water line and that my water level was too high. He afixed it higher up in the cabinet, thus placing it above the water line." Ok, this is what they've told me over the phone, I haven't made it out there to see exactly what he did yet, hopefully that's what it was. I filled my tub to just above the highest jet/below the head rest - as per instructions-. I didn't have it filled too high.

Does that upper piece sit directly below an 'air' valve lever on the spa topside? If so does the valve properly allow and shut off air to the corresponding jet?

Some do sit above the water-line, but they use check valves to prevent leaking. The one on your tub sure looks like it should be connected to the upper piece.

Easy people, lets try to keep our collective eye on the ball. This guy is just asking for help. He called his dealer and is awaiting their response. I'm sure he posted this here only hoping to get some insight as to the possible cause of the leak.

Slow down there fireball. He obviously posted a picture of the leak source so no insight on that was needed. Sometimes its best to leave it be and let the people who owe you warranty service get a crack at it without the owner monkeying with it. Simply telling him to call his dealer was the proper advice in THIS case IMO.

Fireball? Wow. Have you been talking to my wife? Anyway, yes, he posted pictures identifying the source of the leak, however, I believe he was looking for insight as to the cause of the leak.

Note from moderator. We now have a zero tolerance for personal attacks. This post contained a personal attack and has been removed!

The original poster is more than welcome to rephrase and repost the message. However if the personal attacks continue the member will be banned.

You were right Tom, I apoligize for stretching the rules past there limit. Next time when I express my true feelings here, I will try and be kinder. Or I will take a breath after crawling out from under a sink and typing.

Does that upper piece sit directly below an 'air' valve lever on the spa topside? If so does the valve properly allow and shut off air to the corresponding jet?

Some do sit above the water-line, but they use check valves to prevent leaking. The one on your tub sure looks like it should be connected to the upper piece.

No it does not sit below an air vent. It's some kind of air check valve. When it needs air it sucks inward pulling the black baffle in. When not, the pressure of the water is supposed to push it back sealing it off. I guess by being below the water line it couldn't handle the amount of water/pressure and that made it drip. The leak wasn't overwhelming but a leak none-the-less. I was more concerned about the potential damage to the insullation and general interior area then the amout of water lost.

On another note.

That night after the installation of the spa/electrical hook up we tested all the spas features. Everything worked as expected. I reset the clock and went to the store. When we left, the spa's water temperature was in the low 60's. When we got home, about 2 hours later, we went outside to see how much the temp had climbed. The new temp was in the mid 70's. Ok, we went back in and eventually went to bed. The next morning I went outside eager to see the temp on our new spa. Well imagine my suprise, it wasn't on, the GFCI disconnect breaker had tripped. No time to fool with it now, I have an hour drive to get to work.

When I got home I went straight for the yard. I flipped the breaker from off to on only to have it trip instantly. I logged on here and started reading. I knew that I didn't have a wire problem or a moisture problem. The tub had run perfectly the day before so I knew it wasn't a current draw problem. After reading a post on here about disconnecting the load neutral I gave that a try. I hit the juice and the spa kicked to life. I guessed that this was a sign of a bad GFCI. I left the load neutral unplugged and enjoyed my "brand new-11K-had it 2 days and haven't used it yet-spa." When I got home the next day I replaced the GFCI, reconnected the load neutral and fired it up. This was yesterday and when I got home today, she was still on. Great success!

The moral:

never assume the crap you buy isn't crap