Update: Costco Legend Spa Problems...

Well some of you may have been wondering what the resolution to the problem with the Hydro-Spa (Costco) legend spa problems I have been having is... it is on a moving truck headed back to Costco...

After getting the pumps a few days after the tech. ordered them... I figured I would try to install myself since it was supposed to come with the wet end installed allready. Of course, they get here and there was no wet end... Oh well, will have to wait for a tech. That night, let's try it out one more time.

Sit in the hot water and then:

1- Blower is pushing air in 50% of air jets

2- Radio remote stopped working

About 10 minutes into my jetless soak, the radio stopped working and then the coup de grace:

When I would try to turn on the jets to try them again, the blower would go into hyperdrive and then off when I try Jets 1 button again... on and off continuously...

To me this was an obvious sign that the board was the root cause of the problem all along...

Hydro-Spa has yet to return my calls about it so, no problemo, called up costco and it is on it's way back no problem...

On another note, when the delivery fella arrived, picked it up. The tub is leaking in a few places as there are pools of water that were hidding underneath.

All-in-all, I am out 300$ (=/-) for shipping to and from Costco, out a few weeks of frustration...

As soon as the tub is officially not ours, we are headed to pick up either a Pacific Spa or Beachcomber!

Well some of you may have been wondering what the resolution to the problem with the Hydro-Spa (Costco) legend spa problems I have been having is... it is on a moving truck headed back to Costco...

After getting the pumps a few days after the tech. ordered them... I figured I would try to install myself since it was supposed to come with the wet end installed allready. Of course, they get here and there was no wet end... Oh well, will have to wait for a tech. That night, let's try it out one more time.

Sit in the hot water and then:

1- Blower is pushing air in 50% of air jets

2- Radio remote stopped working

About 10 minutes into my jetless soak, the radio stopped working and then the coup de grace:

When I would try to turn on the jets to try them again, the blower would go into hyperdrive and then off when I try Jets 1 button again... on and off continuously...

To me this was an obvious sign that the board was the root cause of the problem all along...

Hydro-Spa has yet to return my calls about it so, no problemo, called up costco and it is on it's way back no problem...

On another note, when the delivery fella arrived, picked it up. The tub is leaking in a few places as there are pools of water that were hidding underneath.

All-in-all, I am out 300$ (=/-) for shipping to and from Costco, out a few weeks of frustration...

As soon as the tub is officially not ours, we are headed to pick up either a Pacific Spa or Beachcomber!

I think you are doing the right thing. It didn't sound as if the pump motors were the problem and your tech didn't seem all that great since he apparently thought the pump motors were the problem. I'm not sure what you're underlying problem really was but I don't think you would have been able to fix it and that's all that matters. Costco will probably ship the tub back to Hydrospa so if the tub really did have a defective something or other, it would be good for them to get it dumped back on their doorstep. If there's nothing wrong with it , they can just resell it so it will all work out okay. Unfortunately, you are probably out your $300 since costco and hydrospa would probably say you should have given them a chance to fix it.

Glad you got it solved. My experience w/ Hydrospa is similar, but I know in the back of my mind that I too am covered by COSTCO guarantee. Also, there is no reason you should be out $300 so I would push COSCTO to pay that delivery fee since it was they who sold you a defective spa. If you live in state with high energy cost, try looking at Hot Spring models. Good luck with new spa.

if the tub really did have a defective...

Seems to me that Silver stated the obvious. There should be no "if" here; the tub had a defective" something or other." Good products work 100% when they leave the door. Defective ones need repairs to work properly. Nuff said.

Thanks fellas... Energy is cheap here, weather on the other side can get dawm cold.

The two brands that I am considering are ammongst the most energy efficient brands from my reasearch. Pacific has more bells and whistles but Beachcomber has a reputation that is 100%...

Sorry to here you had to endure sending the tub back. If beach and pacific are your 2 final choices please wet test the tubs for they are very different. I sold Beachcomber at the last company I managed before opening up so I can tell you what the exact differences inside and out model for model if you need help. dont be fooled by the Beachcomber special LE pricing either theres nothing special about it its just #'s on paper.

I thought Jim da Jim said Costco spas were the best? I was almost going to turn in my Sundance spa for one of them.

Where is Jimbo? This is his fav. topic.....I didn't look at pacific, but I did look at beachcomber...still liked Arctic better....

I thought Jim da Jim said Costco spas were the best? I was almost going to turn in my Sundance spa for one of them.

Where is Jimbo? This is his fav. topic.....I didn't look at pacific, but I did look at beachcomber...still liked Arctic better....

Most of the people on this forum are sales people. Do you understand? There are hundreds of readers but the post are mostly sales jerks.

God bless you all. Getting information from a bunch of desparate sales people is not a good idea.

Jim Arjuna

Jim your posts might be valid If we "Sales people" like yourself saw a kicker or something from posters buying a tub. We dont get anything!!! Unless we were reps Im pretty sure we all know who is industry and who's not. So I dont see what your getting at.

Most of the people on this forum are sales people. Do you understand? There are hundreds of readers but the post are mostly sales jerks.

God bless you all. Getting information from a bunch of desparate sales people is not a good idea.

Jim Arjuna

And some of the sales people on this site, well one of them (YOU) gets there sales from the internet only, and forums like this one. The balance of the sales people here gain nothing with there advice here. But it evens out because you gain nothing either with your deciet and lies.

You shouldn't be out any money. That's BS. YOu bought a spa that NEVER worked. Hired a crane to get it into to place and now after 2 weeks of BS still don't have a tub, and are $300 poorer for the experience. Regardless of the brand and where you bought it, you shouldn't be out ANY money. (Except the electrical wich is part of your home and can be used for a real spa).

Jim Arjuna

You donkey. You post here giving people your word these are good spas, and that's all you have to say for yourself, chastize this poor guy for getting information for sales people? Jim, you're a complete a-hole. The so called sales people you complain about were advisiing him NOT to purchase this tub. You on the other hand endorsed it, and now two step away? You're a coward and a liar.

You shouldn't be out any money. That's BS. YOu bought a spa that NEVER worked. Hired a crane to get it into to place and now after 2 weeks of BS still don't have a tub, and are $300 poorer for the experience. Regardless of the brand and where you bought it, you shouldn't be out ANY money. (Except the electrical wich is part of your home and can be used for a real spa).

It was fear, uncertainty, and doubt that made him give up on a perfectly good spa with a good warranty. It's unfortunate that he had a problem but there is no doubt in my mind that the tub could have been easily fixed, if it even had anything defective in the first place, and I am not even sure of that. Instead, he bailed out as soon as a problem occurred because of the stuff he read here by people like you, Trigger. Fear and doubt. FUD. Spread by YOU. You are responsible for this man being out whatever money he is out. Hope you are satisfied.

It was fear, uncertainty, and doubt that made him give up on a perfectly good spa with a good warranty. It's unfortunate that he had a problem but there is no doubt in my mind that the tub could have been easily fixed, if it even had anything defective in the first place, and I am not even sure of that. Instead, he bailed out as soon as a problem occurred because of the stuff he read here by people like you, Trigger. Fear and doubt. FUD. Spread by YOU. You are responsible for this man being out whatever money he is out. Hope you are satisfied.

What a joke! You fault the consumer for giving up and you blame posters for the man's decision. By your lame logic, the world's great brands would ship junk out the door with the expectation that patient consumers will not "give up" on their defective purchases. Drop your facade and admit you work for Hydropsa. They should ban you from this forum for being disingenuous and for threatening people who disagree with you. The satistfying thing about reading idiotic posts like yours is that it makes me laugh to know that people like you find every reason but the truth to excuse the bad product. Instead of blaming the consumer and Trigger, why not try a dose of truth. I'll give you the short version of the story:

Defective product leaves cash-paying consumer dissatisfied. Unresponsive service makes him sorry he dropped his dollars. He returns junk to store and gets money back. Man is once again happy. The end.

[

What a joke! You fault the consumer for giving up and you blame posters for the man's decision. By your lame logic, the world's great brands would ship junk out the door with the expectation that patient consumers will not "give up" on their defective purchases. Drop your facade and admit you work for Hydropsa. They should ban you from this forum for being disingenuous and for threatening people who disagree with you.

I OWN one of the hot tubs so I know there is nothing wrong with them that couldn't be easily fixed if need be. But the OP listens to goofs like you rant and rave and thinks 'well maybe jmendoza is right and the the tubs aren't any good.' ' So, rather than get someone who knows to find out what his problem is, he decides the tubs have some sort of defect and he bails out and loses his $300 plus he has to go out and buy another tub that will probably not be nearly as good nor have any warranty plus cost several thousand dollars more money. That's what you wanted, isn't it jmendoza? You've made some family you don't even know drop a few unnecessary thousand on a tub or maybe not even get a tub, now, just because you're on some wingnut vendetta against Hydrospa. Congratulations. Oh, and the usual denial needed for your posts: I don't work for Hydrospa or Costco or anyone in the hot tub industry, but you know that, don't you ***?

I OWN one of the hot tubs so I know there is nothing wrong with them that couldn't be easily fixed if need be. But the OP listens to goofs like you rant and rave and thinks 'well maybe jmendoza is right and the the tubs aren't any good.' ' So, rather than get someone who knows to find out what his problem is, he decides the tubs have some sort of defect and he bails out and loses his $300 plus he has to go out and buy another tub that will probably not be nearly as good nor have any warranty plus cost several thousand dollars more money. That's what you wanted, isn't it jmendoza? You've made some family you don't even know drop a few unnecessary thousand on a tub or maybe not even get a tub, now, just because you're on some wingnut vendetta against Hydrospa. Congratulations. Oh, and the usual denial needed for your posts: I don't work for Hydrospa or Costco or anyone in the hot tub industry, but you know that, don't you ***?

Actually;

The main reason that I returned the tub was the quality of the assembly. When I took off the panels to look at replacing the motor, I saw how the tub was put together and the quality of the insulation in the tub ... that was plenty for me.

Examples:

1- Instead of cutting out a nice right sized hole for the stereo in the insulation, looks like they used a hammer to chop out 3 times as much as needed of the flimsy insulation.

2- The insulation on the floor was missing in 3 places (That I could see) and there were two insulation places missing.

3- All the bolts that were holding the pumps were not even tight, I got them off with my fingers

From the outside, this tub is a definite winner for the features to price ratio, but like my momma always said, "What's the catch"... To me the quality of the parts and assembly were suspect.

I hope those that have and love the tubs will get years of enjoyment out of them but looks like they are not made for Canadian winters as the dealers are taking many of them back to Costco after 200$ per month energy charges...

I OWN one of the hot tubs so I know there is nothing wrong with them that couldn't be easily fixed if need be. But the OP listens to goofs like you rant and rave and thinks 'well maybe jmendoza is right and the the tubs aren't any good.' ' So, rather than get someone who knows to find out what his problem is, he decides the tubs have some sort of defect and he bails out and loses his $300 plus he has to go out and buy another tub that will probably not be nearly as good nor have any warranty plus cost several thousand dollars more money. That's what you wanted, isn't it jmendoza? You've made some family you don't even know drop a few unnecessary thousand on a tub or maybe not even get a tub, now, just because you're on some wingnut vendetta against Hydrospa. Congratufuckinglations. Oh, and the usual denial needed for your posts: I don't work for Hydrospa or Costco or anyone in the hot tub industry, but you know that, don't you ***?

Actually;

The main reason that I returned the tub was the quality of the assembly. When I took off the panels to look at replacing the motor, I saw how the tub was put together and the quality of the insulation in the tub ... that was plenty for me.

Examples:

1- Instead of cutting out a nice right sized hole for the stereo in the insulation, looks like they used a hammer to chop out 3 times as much as needed of the flimsy insulation.

2- The insulation on the floor was missing in 3 places (That I could see) and there were two insulation places missing.

3- All the bolts that were holding the pumps were not even tight, I got them off with my fingers

From the outside, this tub is a definite winner for the features to price ratio, but like my momma always said, "What's the catch"... To me the quality of the parts and assembly were suspect.

I hope those that have and love the tubs will get years of enjoyment out of them but looks like they are not made for Canadian winters as the dealers are taking many of them back to Costco after 200$ per month energy charges...

Great Reply. Have you looked at Caldera??

"It was fear, uncertainty, and doubt that made him give up on a perfectly good spa with a good warranty."

"You are responsible for this man being out whatever money he is out."

NW tub owner on why Silver returned his broken Coscto Spa.

It was the fact it didn't work from the very first day. It wasn't a perfectely good spa. It was flawed. It didn't work. It was broken. It had nothing to do with "Fear" or any otther emotion.

I think Hydro, Costco and the incompetent repair techs are the reason he is out of money. Not me or Jmendoza.

(And actually Silver states this a few posts after)

Honestly, it's post like this that make me wonder.

Anyhow, thanks for playing.

You've made some family you don't even know drop a few unnecessary thousand on a tub or maybe not even get a tub, now, just because you're on some wingnut vendetta against Hydrospa. Congratulations.

Now I am to blame for a family's problems. Wrong again dude! Give the man some credit for his ability to make a decision that best suits him. Remember, I was patient with my tub and it took nearly six months of patience to get the major bugs worked out. I'll agree that you probably don't work for them, because if you did, you would have picked up a phone and asked your people to help Silver with the problem. Instead you rant, threaten, intimidate and openly curse people on a public forum. They ought to ban you.

I have no vendetta against anyone. Like SILVER, I just had an powerfully negative experience with the product and am inclined to share that because it was such an incredible hassle for me. I wish someone had warned me that a defective tub would waste literally days of my time to get repaired and then cost a heck of a lot to operate.

I'm sure Hydrospas are just the goose's goob to people who don't know any better.

On another note, we've been selling AND delivering HotSpring Spas for over 22 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY THEIR SPA WITHIN TWO DAYS OF US DELIVERING IT.

On the EXTREMELY rare occasion that there is a problem with the spa, we send someone out to IMMEDIATELY remedy the situation. If we are unable to do so, we bring them ANOTHER SPA for them to use at no charge.

We have thousands of satisfied customers that won't do business with anyone else......why would they?

:D:D:D

Terminator

I'm sure Hydrospas are just the goose's goob to people who don't know any better.

On another note, we've been selling AND delivering HotSpring Spas for over 22 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY THEIR SPA WITHIN TWO DAYS OF US DELIVERING IT.

On the EXTREMELY rare occasion that there is a problem with the spa, we send someone out to IMMEDIATELY remedy the situation. If we are unable to do so, we bring them ANOTHER SPA for them to use at no charge.

We have thousands of satisfied customers that won't do business with anyone else......why would they?

Terminator

Bingo.

Terminator

When are you moving to connecticut term??? Better yet! move to Florida when i do :D:D:D

104 Degrees

Sorry about the hassles - excellent reading - post again when you get your next spa. I'm sure we all hope it goes better for you - but my guess is that it couldn't possibly go any worse...

B)