Hydrospa...time For Accountability

I have always been civil. I may needle sometimes during exchanges, but I don't threaten people or try to shout down their point of view. Based on his arrogant know-it-all demeanor and lunatic rants, I'd say nitiwit was a relatively tame and quite appropriate tag.

Apparently, I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Yes and based on his newly appointed handle the tag still works just fine. I agree with Stallion's post. If anyone owes apologies here, it is the one person who has spent a lot of energy insulting and demeaning the complaints of others, putting down the dealers and defending a now bankrupt company. The entire time, he has never openly admitted a connection to Hydrospa other than simply claiming to own one of their spas. If you believe that, then I've got a high-end spa manufacturer and a little swamp land in Florida for sale.

Yes and based on his newly appointed handle the tag still works just fine. I agree with Stallion's post. If anyone owes apologies here, it is the one person who has spent a lot of energy insulting and demeaning the complaints of others, putting down the dealers and defending a now bankrupt company. The entire time, he has never openly admitted a connection to Hydrospa other than simply claiming to own one of their spas. If you believe that, then I've got a high-end spa manufacturer and a little swamp land in Florida for sale.

If only you could put this energy to productive purpose.

Well I will I have no problem calling certain people like Bond and New NW tub owner , hypocrite and yellow belly cowards who lack integrity in any and all ways. It is unfair that they feel they have the right to come to a board like this and to slander those who earn their living in the spa industry their comments display just how truly uniformed and naive they are about the industry and a free market economy. I have no problem with anyone who wants to express their opinion just don't slander and lump all who involved with that industry into one group, it is shallow minded and unfair. I am surprised that once they are called out for their statements they run and hide, which just shows what their real character is.

Actually, I haven't been hiding, 'stallion,' but this forum has banned my old 'New NW Tub Owner' handle, which I am sure is a source of great satisfaction to you. :) They will probably also quickly ban me as 'NW Tub Owner' so this is probably my last post here...asuming that it isn't quickly deleted.

Why would you waste what you think might be your last post to say your here and not respond to what I have asked you about as well as others, you talk about being accountable but you sure do shy away from your own statements.

It looks like Hydrospa might have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. A primary reason may have been that their reputation was severely damaged by the Hydrospa-bashing that has been carried out on this forum for the last 12 months. The bashing might have caused Hydrospa to lose millions of dollars in sales which could have weakened them financially.

Wow, I leave for a few days and this is what i missed?

1) This isn't a shock. Hydro sold their soul to the devil by hoping that the volume they'd get out of Costco would make up for the slim margins they were working off of but found that their quality issues and inability to service them would be their downfall. They needed to hold firm with Costco to a price that would make sense to their bottom line AND provide a higher quality product. Is it any more complicated than that?

2) LOL, you're trying to pin their downfall on the postings on this site. That is laughable. How many people do you really think it swayed? I'd guess probably 98% of the people who buy or considered buying that tub never even came to this site. I've dealt with many people buying a spa or having just purchased one and when these forums come up in conversation few have used them. Of the 2% who may have wandered to this site how many do you really think were swayed? Maybe 10% and that of course is 10% of the 2% who may have come here? Besides, you and others were telling them it was a great move so it's not like they only saw the doubters. Maybe those who you swayed should be looking to talk to you about the advice you gave to go this route now that their warranty is worthless!!

I feel sorry for the people who are losing jobs because of this. I also feel sorry for those who bought this spa and thought they'd get a good quality spa with a real warranty (it looked just as good on paper I guess). While I always maintained that the quality and warranty were a crapshoot you hate to see people with a new spa unable to get the warranty service they were expecting.

First of let me say "I was a Hdyrospa Warranty only repair service in Washington State". And that Hydrospa owes me over $15000 dollars and they HAVE filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

Filing # 078616 Phone # 1-813-301-5210. OCT 18th 2007

1. The Hydrospa that Costco sells are GREAT Hot Tubs. (Model 2020) The 2010 & 2005 are also Great models.

2. Hydrospa's old Quility Control on these Costco models were wonderful people to work with and were quick to make changes to make a better tub.

3. I have fixed a LOT of different Hot Tubs and will say that Hydrospa's are some of the best designed hot tubs made.

5. The rumor Mill has it that a NEW PERSON is tring to buy into and take control of hydrospa and make it all work again. I HOPE THIS HAPPENS !!!!.

I would start doing Hydrospa's Warrantys repairs in a minute. I honestly fell that these hot tubs are the best made (MADE IN THE USA) hot tubs. If they were JUNK then Costco wouldn't have them in their stores and I wouldn't be working on them. There are TWO hot tub makes that are JUNK and Hydrospa isn't one of them.

So at this time, If your too stupid to know which end of a screwdriver to use of have no idea what PVC pipe is then Don't buy a hot tub. Repairing hot tubs isn't rocket science.

............... So in closing this reply, say what you want about HYDROSPA's management but be very carful about bad mouthing their engeenering & design teams. They are the only reason hydrospa lasted this long.

Phone them and ask them WHO is going to fix your hot tub, then next call Costco. They don't want 1000's of people returning their hot tubs and hydrospa bankrupt. Costco could have to store these tub till a federal Judge figures out what to do with them.....

I Personaly spoke with the buyer for Costco in Washington state and was told if Hydrospa won't pay for warranty work then Costco will. Or If you choose, you are free to get a refund. No loss to annyone that purchased the spa.

nope just electric, pad and the cost of returning it.

I gues the spa you sell doesen't need any of that to be done? N.W. was right about you.

I Personaly spoke with the buyer for Costco in Washington state and was told if Hydrospa won't pay for warranty work then Costco will. Or If you choose, you are free to get a refund. No loss to annyone that purchased the spa.

Don't return them if they are working fine! Use the crap outa them for a few more years and then throw them away, that's kinda the way low end spas work anyway. Ya pretty much have to trouble shoot and repair them on your own even with a warranty. Ask questions here, there's plenty of online parts places.

NW claims lost business for the Chap 11 bankruptcy? Funny, the "customer service rep" (in quotes since I really did not get any service) stated that they are in bankruptcy because of TOO much business. He claimed that the defect rate was normal, but with Costco selling tens of thousands across North America, the company's service costs went through the roof. Apparently they did not account for $100-$200 per hour rates in other parts of North America. Did they just assume that a repairman in San Fransisco or NYC would charge the same rate as someone in Northern FL? Great planning!

Anyway, since it appears that we are all out at least the cost of delivery from and back to Costco, are there any suggestions on how to fix the problems? My problem is that the power to all but the stereo cut out. The supply from my home and GFCI breaker is fine. All of the fuses within the grey control box appear fine too. Could there be a simple fix or does the entire box ($650+) need replacing? Any insight would be helpful.

Out inthe cold....for now.

There are TWO hot tub makes that are JUNK and Hydrospa isn't one of them.

I missed this the first time I read it. Care to share the names of the "junk" companies, and why?

Is this the guy Term said had a service van thats a jet :unsure:

No... I drive a Subaru... If you have a Hydrospa and it need service, then good luck getting parts from Hydrospa. Costco has been paying me to fix Hydrospa's in the Northwest since the chapter 11 filing.

I thought all the parts are interchageable with the more expensive spas???

Good one about the pictures since Jwillard was the the one who posted the picks and has nothing but praise for his Platinum tub made by Hydrospas.

BLAHBLAHHydro should sue BLAH BLAH Better be able to proveBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Yeah thats it, a few of us with a differing opinon brought down an entire Spa manufacturer <_< . If we have this much influence over the industry then we should target all the cheap cookie cutter spa makers around and I guess we could stop internet sales of spas too!!

Keep postin buddy you make yourself look foolish more and more

I just spent working 14 hours over two days on two brand new Platinum spas. One was delivered with 9 seperate problems and the other with 7. Most of the problems were leaks, of course, a few wiring issues on the boards (Someone rewired it wrong before it was delivered!) I wish and hope and even pray the company comes back strong. I love the $78.50 an hour I get for repairing these incredible pieces of bad workmanship! Long live internet tub sales too...I am going to get a new 2008 Range Rover from repairing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first time on this forum.

I bought a hyrdo spa Aug 14th 2007. On delivery I had a torn pillow, and then the cover seams started to rip. I placed an order for the replacement pillow on Aug 14, and the cover replacement on Sept 15. Both times I was told that there was a backlog for both and that they would ship it out within 15 days. In fact they told me the pillow was already shipped.

I called up today and was told that they filed for chapter 11, and anything that was not shipped by Oct 25 would not be shipped out because they had filed. So the warranty means nothing.

But if I want to buy the part I can do so because they have stock.

So my question is if there is stock why would they not have shipped before Oct 25? The only reason is that they have been deceiving their customers.

I have contacted Costco and they have a third party that they will be working with to ensure the warranty is still upheld.

I think that it is despicable what this company has done to me and probably many others.

:angry::angry:

If you called Hydrospa and then Costco who informed you of Infinity spas takeing over waranty work then why don't you just call them since that is what Costco directed you. The only thing changed as for you waranty is the phone number to call.

life is good!

Soakerman is right, you had very little warranty before and now you have....well....very little warranty!