Repair - Technical Question

I just spoke with Sundance in our area, Seattle area. And just to let you know, they also pay in thirty days at best to their repair techs. Your Hydrospa non payment story is flat out untrue and bogus! Arctic spas also went through alot of trouble in the US in getting dealer support out to the new spas sold but no one is hounding Arctic for that why? Is it due to you having a agenda to bad mouth Hydrospa?

Your stories don't add up.

Your timelines don't make sense.

What Costco did you return the spa to? Ill check it and post to verify. Otherwise I doubt anyone here believes you.

I just spoke with Sundance in our area, Seattle area. And just to let you know, they also pay in thirty days at best to their repair techs. Your Hydrospa non payment story is flat out untrue and bogus! Arctic spas also went through alot of trouble in the US in getting dealer support out to the new spas sold but no one is hounding Arctic for that why? Is it due to you having a agenda to bad mouth Hydrospa?

Your stories don't add up.

Your timelines don't make sense.

What Costco did you return the spa to? Ill check it and post to verify. Otherwise I doubt anyone here believes you.

Chill out Soakerman. Maybe take some time and re-read all of my posts. I am returning the tub next week. Why did you call Sundance in Seattle? How does that have ANY relevance to Hydro Spa in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada?How??

Re-read my posts. Call Hydro Spa Canadian Support. (i gave the number out in a previous post). And then (next week) when I return my Hydro Spa to Costco I will give you their number to verify! How is that?? Good enough for ya? How about when you re-read my old posts that you take a look at my hottub pics that I posted on photobucket.

Chill out Soakerman. Maybe take some time and re-read all of my posts. I am returning the tub next week. Why did you call Sundance in Seattle? How does that have ANY relevance to Hydro Spa in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada?How??

Re-read my posts. Call Hydro Spa Canadian Support. (i gave the number out in a previous post). And then (next week) when I return my Hydro Spa to Costco I will give you their number to verify! How is that?? Good enough for ya? How about when you re-read my old posts that you take a look at my hottub pics that I posted on photobucket.

I believe ya unhappy, get that junk pile outa your yard.

As far as Catalina, I like there tubs if they are priced where they need to be. They are a middle of the road tub and should be priced accordingly. As far as the warranty, negotiate with the dealer for a warranty that is not prorated on stuff like pumps, heaters, leaks and controllers. And have them wave any travel charges if they are close by. Don't worry about the frame or shell it will outlast the tub.

I believe ya unhappy, get that junk pile outa your yard.

As far as Catalina, I like there tubs if they are priced where they need to be. They are a middle of the road tub and should be priced accordingly. As far as the warranty, negotiate with the dealer for a warranty that is not prorated on stuff like pumps, heaters, leaks and controllers. And have them wave any travel charges if they are close by. Don't worry about the frame or shell it will outlast the tub.

Hi Roger. Thanks for the feedback. I am kinda leaning towards the Catalina at this point. It comes in at a great price and the dealer understands my situation (my timeline, need to return my hydro to costco, the price point and options I want in a tub, etc etc).

I will be doing a bit more looking around today and will be getting more quotes on other brands.

Hi Roger. Thanks for the feedback. I am kinda leaning towards the Catalina at this point. It comes in at a great price and the dealer understands my situation (my timeline, need to return my hydro to costco, the price point and options I want in a tub, etc etc).

I will be doing a bit more looking around today and will be getting more quotes on other brands.

Catalina certainly should be a step up from what you have. You should be able to work a deal with the dealer so he can return that spa to Costco. You see more and more situations where unhappy owners go to the dealer and as part of the deal they return the problem spa to teh big box store and then deliver the new spa.

Catalina certainly should be a step up from what you have. You should be able to work a deal with the dealer so he can return that spa to Costco. You see more and more situations where unhappy owners go to the dealer and as part of the deal they return the problem spa to teh big box store and then deliver the new spa.

Hi Spatech. I spoke to Beachcomber and Coast and they told me I was on my own for the return of my Hydro to Costco. The Catalina dealer said the first they would do would be to pickup and return my Hydro to Costco so i could get my refund/cash in hand. Then they would deliver the Catalina Spa and get me up and running. ( no extra charges for delivery and the return of my hydro!!) This to me is a big weight off of my shoulders.

I was/am looking at a minimum of $300 - $500 from a Spa delivery company to return my spa. In fact Beachcomber said they normally charge $300 for delivery but they would wave that if I bought their tub. But as mentioned they wouldn't do my Hydro return.

So far the Cat dealer has been saying all the right things and I like the looks and options of the tub. It is also priced the best and seems to be the quickest way to get me up and running again. (everything can get taken care of next week!).

As mentioned, I will be out and about today with the wife checking out some other dealers and also I will be dropping by the Cat dealer again to show my wife the spas and re-confirm everything that was offered to me yesterday.

Have a good day everyone!!

Remember that the Catalina is priced right since you will be paying for your warranty after the second year. Get a copy of it from the dealer. Look at the equipment area of all the tubs Coast and Beach are pretty clean you wont say the same about the Cat.

The Edmonton Beach stores still do about 400 spas a year so that should tell you something.

Remember that the Catalina is priced right since you will be paying for your warranty after the second year. Get a copy of it from the dealer. Look at the equipment area of all the tubs Coast and Beach are pretty clean you wont say the same about the Cat.

The Edmonton Beach stores still do about 400 spas a year so that should tell you something.

Yeah I will definitely be asking and looking into the warranty and the guts of the Cat today. The Beaccomber store definitely moves units and you can tell from their take it or leave it attitude. (at least that's the impression I got). Coast pricing was very close to the Cat and I'm gonna try and grind them and see what their very best deal would be. I am also going to take a look at a few other dealers today. Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Spatech. I spoke to Beachcomber and Coast and they told me I was on my own for the return of my Hydro to Costco. The Catalina dealer said the first they would do would be to pickup and return my Hydro to Costco so i could get my refund/cash in hand. Then they would deliver the Catalina Spa and get me up and running. ( no extra charges for delivery and the return of my hydro!!) This to me is a big weight off of my shoulders.

Well I'm a bit surprised there. We've done that before and I thought most dealers would understand that the customer needs help there and by doing so they're greatly improving their chnaces for the sale. I could see them charging you a reduced rate to help make the sale (like $150 which you probably wouldn't balk at) because no one likes to give things away for free, including hauling away spas, but they should at least make an effort and make the service available at some cost.

Well I'm a bit surprised there. We've done that before and I thought most dealers would understand that the customer needs help there and by doing so they're greatly improving their chnaces for the sale. I could see them charging you a reduced rate to help make the sale (like $150 which you probably wouldn't balk at) because no one likes to give things away for free, including hauling away spas, but they should at least make an effort and make the service available at some cost.

I'm sure if a sale was on the line they would step up. Beachcomber said right away that they prefer to only do delivery. Coast said that they may be able to help out but would prefer to only do a delivery as well. I'll be getting back to each of them for their "final offer" to see what they can do in my situation.

P.S - you are right. A reduced rate would be cool to me. But if they want 300 for a return and have built in 300 on the price of my new spa for delivery than I will walk.

I'm sure if a sale was on the line they would step up. Beachcomber said right away that they prefer to only do delivery. Coast said that they may be able to help out but would prefer to only do a delivery as well. I'll be getting back to each of them for their "final offer" to see what they can do in my situation.

P.S - you are right. A reduced rate would be cool to me. But if they want 300 for a return and have built in 300 on the price of my new spa for delivery than I will walk.

Negotiate the best price you can BEFORE you even bring that back into the equation. Then I would say "listen, I understand you want to just deliver the spa but I need to get rid of the problem spa back to Costco as part of the deal. Catalina has already agreed to include this so I need to know what you'll do for me on this as I need an all inclusive deal."

Negotiate the best price you can BEFORE you even bring that back into the equation. Then I would say "listen, I understand you want to just deliver the spa but I need to get rid of the problem spa back to Costco as part of the deal. Catalina has already agreed to include this so I need to know what you'll do for me on this as I need an all inclusive deal."

I want ST on my team.

Post some pics of your spa before you return it. Pictures of the hassle of you loading it up and returning it would be great. The final picture coud be you and the spa in front of Costco. I'm sure it would be a relief for you to end the debate.

Good idea! I think I will do that.

And to the poster above yes, my Hydro Spa from Costco was my first spa purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
Post some pics of your spa before you return it. Pictures of the hassle of you loading it up and returning it would be great. The final picture coud be you and the spa in front of Costco. I'm sure it would be a relief for you to end the debate.

Good idea! I think I will do that.

And to the poster above yes, my Hydro Spa from Costco was my first spa purchase.

Hows the return going