Gulf Coast Spas? Good Or Junk?

Jetman

I'm looking at a Pilates H20 XP1 that is made by the same company that Gulf Coast is made by. http://www.tatummanufacturing.com/

Gulf Coast, Infinity, Hydrospa and a few others concentrate on making bargain priced spas but they are not known for their quality, insulation or warranty coverage. It's all about price. If you're a handy person and willing to take a chance you may be happy with this route (though you won't be happy with the cost to operate, especially in cold areas).

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking at a Pilates H20 XP1 that is made by the same company that Gulf Coast is made by. http://www.tatummanufacturing.com/

Gulf Coast, Infinity, Hydrospa and a few others concentrate on making bargain priced spas but they are not known for their quality, insulation or warranty coverage. It's all about price. If you're a handy person and willing to take a chance you may be happy with this route (though you won't be happy with the cost to operate, especially in cold areas).

Do you have any of those spas? We are trying to decide between the costco infinity and the gulf coast LX5000. Both entry level tubs for reasonable prices ($4000 costco, $6000 gulfcoast CAD), my husband is very handy so we're ok in that department but we do live in a cold climate... what would you reccomend between the two if at all? We were told about a dollar a day to run a tub, is this bogus? I would appreciate any feedback....

Do you have any of those spas? We are trying to decide between the costco infinity and the gulf coast LX5000. Both entry level tubs for reasonable prices ($4000 costco, $6000 gulfcoast CAD), my husband is very handy so we're ok in that department but we do live in a cold climate... what would you reccomend between the two if at all? We were told about a dollar a day to run a tub, is this bogus? I would appreciate any feedback....

Buck, buck and a half a day could be pretty close during warmer days. Could get as high as 2-3 bucks a day during a cold spell.

If you wanting to stay around 4000 I would suggest a good used tub for 3000 or so. If your willing to go upto 6000 there are actually entry level spas of top tier manufacturers who could provide a spa for 5999...the hot springs bengal, maybe even caspian if you are good at negotiation. D1 has actually a few good spas around 5999...wayfarer and soujurn can both get strongly negotiated close to that price, the dream II can be had for 5500. I dont know if you can get the 700 line of sundance for your price range but I would start at those. They are made just as well as the 12000 dollar tubs you can get from those manufacturers but made to compete at a low price point.

I agree-junk...btw the lx5000 would be more of a 3 seater. 79" would not allow anyone but the two corner seats to sit in spa, most 6 person spas are infact 4 seaters but this would be even less...I would suggest the d1 wayfarer...bigger, same jets, more insulation and better built.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody had any experience or knowledge about GULF COAST SPAS??????

http://www.gulfcoastspas.com/template.cfm?ID=1&SubNav=3

Any info would be helpful!

Thank!

Paul

Hello Paul,

I am having the WORST experience with this company!!! They are horrible!!!

I bought a brand new LX11000 -from a dealer and am now in between the both of them!

Unfindable leaks, spa-heads popping out, filter cover splitting, unglued PVC connection (and dis-connected), leaks from what they did glue, leak from drain cap/plumbing...

Do yourself a BIG favor - DO NOT GET A GULF COAST SPA!!!

Hello.

I bought a brand new LX11000 -from a dealer and am now in between the both of them!

Unfindable leaks, spa-heads popping out, filter cover splitting, unglued PVC connection (and dis-connected), leaks from what they did glue, leak from drain cap/plumbing...

I hope this helps you.

Hello Paul,

Buck, buck and a half a day could be pretty close during warmer days. Could get as high as 2-3 bucks a day during a cold spell.

Hello.

I hope this info helps you.

Hello.

I hope this info helps you.

I assume you're having trouble getting the warranty honored. This has always been my point when people say their warranty on some brands is good when I know they manufacturer isn't good at honoring them. There are two types of spa warranties:

1) Those that are backed by the dealer/manufacturer,

2) Those that aren't worth the paper they're written on.

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...