Wave Tec Pools A Year Later

eruiz

You might remember or read the post like 8 months ago here in this forum. Today is April 27, 2006 and this is my pool. Look at the pictures. It is amazing what this IDIOTS did to my AWESOME brand new HOME. I am going to have to sell it now becuase of the whole WAVTE TEC experiance. They got kicked out of the BBB in Austin and they reopen in Dallas. Be VERY careful before making a decision. The Pool is POOR quality and the equipment is a pain in the butt to operate. You can get an inground pool (cement) for the same price or ven cheaper.

Please DO NOT do business with them, You will HATE your house ofter that pool.

Please read my story before here.

http://www.scanyourlifeaway.com/wavetecpools.htm

April 27, 2006

IPB Image

IPB Image

If left to drain how low will the level actually go before it stops? If the pic shows this level, I'd suspect a failed glue joint in the spa plumbing, especially if flex pipe was used, have there been any pressure tests done to try and pin point the leak? Or has the light been checked for a broken conduit (that is the first place I usually check anyway) I know it's rare, but a bad seam in a liner will usually leak from the start.

Sorry to hear about all your woes, I know a bad pool is a lot to deal with.

You might remember or read the post like 8 months ago here in this forum. Today is April 27, 2006 and this is my pool. Look at the pictures. It is amazing what this IDIOTS did to my AWESOME brand new HOME. I am going to have to sell it now becuase of the whole WAVTE TEC experiance. They got kicked out of the BBB in Austin and they reopen in Dallas. Be VERY careful before making a decision. The Pool is POOR quality and the equipment is a pain in the butt to operate. You can get an inground pool (cement) for the same price or ven cheaper.

April 27, 2006

IPB Image

IPB Image

If left to drain how low will the level actually go before it stops? If the pic shows this level, I'd suspect a failed glue joint in the spa plumbing, especially if flex pipe was used, have there been any pressure tests done to try and pin point the leak? Or has the light been checked for a broken conduit (that is the first place I usually check anyway) I know it's rare, but a bad seam in a liner will usually leak from the start.

Sorry to hear about all your woes, I know a bad pool is a lot to deal with.

Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean EVERYONE does. Your pool actually looks nice with a nice concrete deck around it. And nice lanscaping. If you can get the leak stopped, you should have many years of happy swimming and enjoyment of the pool.

I don't think He was saying EVERYONE in the USA lady... but I'm also a ripped off el paso customer. Wavetec was the worst construction experience in my 49 years. They have 2 names listed in BBB, One was blacklisted and the new one will be soon. wavetec pools, wavetec pool inc. (same company) .. both suck. Over 35 el paso, tx familys were screwed last year. They are still advertising on local TV (channel 7) to this day.

I did read the posts, but I do thank you for the reminder. We were trying to look into purchasing a pool kit and finding a local pool contractor to install. But, after doing a lot of reading and interviewing pool owners, we decided to go with a local gunite pool company that does not sub-contract (which I believe was the problem with Wavetec). They employ everyone, except the electrician. It seems like if you can contract your own work (provided one knows what theyr'e doing), you can cut a lot of costs.

April 27, 2006

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have had a Wave Tec pool install last month and this is the best work I have seen done--they started to marker the ground on april 4 and I started to swim on april 14---Frank from Georgetown tex was great--kept me informed on the work and and what was going on about permits and the city--after the pools was install showed us how to keep the pool clean, and if I have a question all I have to do is call--Wave Tec Pool Co was very friendly and very fast in everything they had done I will ALWAYS RECOMMEND THIS CO--If have a problem maybe you need to switch company

WAVE TECH IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we'll assume your NOT in the EL PASO, TX city limits RUSTYC, if you say you are Id call you a lair. As for the 35 of us ripped off customers here in EL Paso we know the truth. As for your answer to the problem (go get a different company) how the hell will that fix us? most of us have ours installed, just poorly installed or not as stated at time of sale. Some of us down here that bought last year just have a damn hole in the ground, nothing else. Atleast mine is complete, no thanks to wavetec. Frank is not the problem down here, its his sub-contractors. Frank I've met in person, but he was not my contractor, our was Claude Lorey. Ours took from June 29, 2005 to November 2005 to actually complete. Good luck with your quality pool RUSTYC.

I am glad for you that your pool is completed and you are swimming. As of me and my house, i have a leaking pool still and NO ONE from Wave Tec has contacted me about it. I have called maybe 20 times in the past week and no answer. I know Frank could be the best but as of me and my good friends here in El Paso, TX we are still strugguling with Wave Tec.

Also, maybe you have not suffer the pain in the butt that is to clean the pool yet. The filter system they used is a JOKE and does not work for the type and size of pool I got. I spend more money and time cleaning it every other day that it is not even funny. I have a great job and it is not cleaning pools. LOL :blink::blink:

Good luck

I am glad for you that your pool is completed and you are swimming. As of me and my house, i have a leaking pool still and NO ONE from Wave Tec has contacted me about it. I have called maybe 20 times in the past week and no answer. I know Frank could be the best but as of me and my good friends here in El Paso, TX we are still strugguling with Wave Tec.

Also, maybe you have not suffer the pain in the butt that is to clean the pool yet. The filter system they used is a JOKE and does not work for the type and size of pool I got. I spend more money and time cleaning it every other day that it is not even funny. I have a great job and it is not cleaning pools. LOL :blink::blink:

Good luck

This is a complete mess, you have my sympathy.

Well It has not even been a year for me. this is the worst thing i have ever delt with, I had my house built then 2 months after we closed we let wave tec put in a piece of crap, the first installer was MR. ROY DAVIS, that was awful. I have had NOTHING but issues with this pool they got it finished the first time at the end of AUG,2005 then the pool was leaking and water was getting behind the linner, well i have had water and linner issues 7 times now, they had to come and re dig up my pool and do it again. will this nightmare ever end, I have had enough of paying for this piece of trash, and my house was used to get financed, Something has to be done. I have been waiting for 3 days for them to call me back to let me know when they are going to come out, I live in Baytown Texas. I have had to leave my job so many times to meet wave tec at the house and baby sit them and watch them work. not to mention my liner has a whole, my light don't work. and i am loosing water, I have spent hundreds of dollars on water bills with them refilling the pool. and the night they came to dig, they busted the gas line, the phone line and the cable,, HOw can you NOT see the flags????????????? I WANT IT FIXED !!! I don't think it's right to pay for this. I will pay when it's fixed and can be used. YOU SHOULD SEE MY PICTURES !!!!

:wacko::angry::(

on April 25 I posted pictures of my pool and its shape.

Today a month LATER it just got WORST!!!!!

Has Wave Tec done something??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

IPB Image

If you want to bi**h about your pool in the El Paso area, that's fine. But this is a national forum, the rest of us don't need to hear about your problems.

If you want to bi**h about your pool in the El Paso area, that's fine. But this is a national forum, the rest of us don't need to hear about your problems.

Why does poollady get so angry with people for expressing their dismay with a pool builder? It doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. This company installs pools form Texas to Georgia. That's a broad swath of the country and I think it's relevant to many people who visit the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is now May 7 2006 and my Pool has lost all its water. Wavetec NOTHIN their are a huge scam... I just cant say it enough.

Please be careful and never build a Vinyl pool.

Did Wavetec ever fix your problem? I called Fox Pools today and they advised me that they have made several visits to Wavetec to help iron out the problems and do more in depth training.... I hope the issues have been resloved as your back yard in phenomenal......

Well It has not even been a year for me. this is the worst thing i have ever delt with, I had my house built then 2 months after we closed we let wave tec put in a piece of crap, the first installer was MR. ROY DAVIS, that was awful. I have had NOTHING but issues with this pool they got it finished the first time at the end of AUG,2005 then the pool was leaking and water was getting behind the linner, well i have had water and linner issues 7 times now, they had to come and re dig up my pool and do it again. will this nightmare ever end, I have had enough of paying for this piece of trash, and my house was used to get financed, Something has to be done. I have been waiting for 3 days for them to call me back to let me know when they are going to come out, I live in Baytown Texas. I have had to leave my job so many times to meet wave tec at the house and baby sit them and watch them work. not to mention my liner has a whole, my light don't work. and i am loosing water, I have spent hundreds of dollars on water bills with them refilling the pool. and the night they came to dig, they busted the gas line, the phone line and the cable,, HOw can you NOT see the flags????????????? I WANT IT FIXED !!! I don't think it's right to pay for this. I will pay when it's fixed and can be used. YOU SHOULD SEE MY PICTURES !!!!

:wacko::angry::(

If Wave Tec or Wave Tec Inc does not know how to repair or just will not repair I can repair..

I have built many Fox Pools.. Check with the IPSSA in Houston...

Ken