Marquis Person Here To Help

Marquis Man

You don't know me so watch you mouth, What I do not like is anyone who speaks about things like an authority when it is only to suit their personal agenda and like all traveling carneys which that is all you are, You lack the ability to speak credibly about anything using examples or facts you just spew your opinions as they were gospel. Never did you address or even attempt to refute anything I said all you did was brag about how much money you make, hummm lets see that would come from very the unknowing consumer who listens to your lies as they are told with passion and conviction in much the same way as the snake oil salesman of the old west. Put any of the spas you mentioned in side by side test and see top to bottom who comes out on top. so go and count your pennies and try and forget about all of those you just took advantage and hope that the next bus comes quickly to take your next road show and the promises of more riches and as far considering another brand I would not take a step backwards to the lesser quailty products that you mention, actually there fine tubs but certainly no better as a whole than Marquis. Oh and by the way you incredibly slow minded soul the frog is available in many spas and they are private labeled for leisure time.

One person in this conversation holds bias to a brand, thats you. I sell everything and will never make nor lose a sale for what I type on this board. I have never claimed Marquis was not a good spa, I have just explained the benefits of the circ pump which the top three manufacturers use. A man named Tom who opened the first spa store in Colorado over 30 years ago added a brand without a circ pump and in exact words explained to me that "Even though it costs more to run I wont have to keep replacing the circ pumps"....now I have even admitted it goes out frequently...but you somehow fail to agree with EVERYONE who doesnt wear blinders to other manufacturers and has been mind washed by one brand-spas using circ pumps cost less and are easier to manage...do the pumps fail more frequently-yes....does using a 56 frame pump less in an on off standpoint to heat the water wear on pump more....OFCOURSE. You can call me a carny, I call myself a carny. I just choose to have teeth and dress nice. You can make fun of my traveling profession, but dont pretend that just because I sell different brands does not mean I mislead my customers. I like you sell my product, you mislead this board when you try to keep Marquis in a quality competition with d1 sundance and hot springs.

Actually you are pittifully slow in your thinking, I mentioned all of the spas in the discussion were well made, Your touting of a circ pump as an end all to everything is just narrow minded and wrong. None of the brands you mentioned have the warranty of the Marquis for me personally I think the Marquis and D-1 are the best over all in build quality but others would disagree. I am sure there is one brand that you mentioned that you won't be showing the underside or the equipment area on it as it simply does not measure up. by the way who is largest Dealer of spas in the Denver area do you even know?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there is one brand that you mentioned that you won't be showing the underside or the equipment area on it as it simply does not measure up. by the way who is largest Dealer of spas in the Denver area do you even know?

I think I know the answer to both, but will the rich road man know lets see.... :rolleyes:

Hey traveling road rip off , take the money and leave town boy,

You mentioned three brands funny thing is I have been offer 2 of the three you mention but after looking at them and speaking to friends who have in the past or currently carry the lines would not trade them for Marquis, I do believe all of the spas in the group among the best with Marquis being every bit their equal or in my opinion sometimes a better over all spa.

you mislead this board when you try to keep Marquis in a quality competition with d1 sundance and hot springs.

Well, we do know that opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has them. I, and many others that have been around for many years and know spas, would certainly have Marquis in the top 3-5 spas and I might even remove one or two that you have suggested spaguy! So who's right? It doesn't really matter as all it is is an OPINION and not a statement of fact becasue YOU typed it. Please be clear on that. Just because YOU type it or anyone else, doesn't make it a reality to anyone else or more justified and if you feel that your opinion is more valuable than others here, then I ask you...who is misleading whom? Re-read the first line again...

Steve

Steve, have you read the entire thread? It started with me asking questions about Marquis, then getting blasted by the guy who started the thread, then when I spoke my own mind easygoer blasts me. What about Marquis warranty is better then hot springs d1 or sundance? I guess I dont know the Marquis warranty that well. As far as largest denver dealer would be Cal Spas, what does that have anything to do with this discussion? There are plenty of reasons d1 sundance and hotsprings have a better tub then Marquis, and I would still show the underside of the equipment on the sundance even though not as impressive as the other two I have nothing to hide about that product. Everything I say is always in my own opinion, I dont know why when I voice my opinion people choose to take things so personally, on message boards and in real life I voice all my tub opinions with conviction, if someone disagrees thats fine but they dont have to be rude, just voice there opinion back...not take personal shots.

There are plenty of reasons d1 sundance and hotsprings have a better tub then Marquis,

You obviously meant this as your opinion but I find that the simple addition of the abbreviation "IMO" or "IMHO" tends to slow things down because otherwise your meaning may be taken as a statement of fact by someone who may have strong feelings about their product.

Its not "their" product, if easygoer is the lead designer or engineer for marquis then I will apologize, if he is a guy who sells marquis and believes what marquis has sold him on thats another. I bet he has never even worked on nor sold another type of tub. I think I should just add IMO to my signature line.

If they sell it or own it, it usually beomes "their" spa, not just the designer/maker. People can get very defensive and I can understand it (to a point). Did they overreact? I'd say yes. Could you have termed it better? I'd say yes.

easygoer13-Obviously you sell Marquis, I am so sorry to have offended your less than elite spa you have in your showroom. Do I sell spas on the road? yes-I make more money in 6 months then you make all year and I dont have to test any water. You can hate on us road dogs all ya want, we have sold more spas then you ever will considering we average about 40-50 spas per month. It allows me to see alot more spas and what customers and companies are doing differently. Now the reason I mentioned your buy out was only because you took away circ pumps when that happened. Jacuzzi was just bought out this year, who cares. I started out in a Sundance showroom and hated road guys same as you, I remember my first few months on road I still believed Sundance could not go wrong, then after seeing more and more spas I saw that companies did not do things to so much help the customer but to sell more spas. Circ pumps are not used in Marquis because they want to be an elite level spa with something different then hot springs d1 and sundance. Problem is the three best spa companies in the industry use those pumps for a reason...cleaner water, less cost to run, less problems with more expensive parts down the road. Large pumps cost more because they do draw 1000watts on low and take longer to heat the water then with just a circ pump. Does Marquis use Ozone? How do they break down any of the ozone before entering the water without a circ pump? Seems like they using old technology. I wont even equip a non circ pumped spa with an ozone for the simple reason it will just destroy the cover faster and do very little if anything for chemicals. Spa Frog is something to help sell Marquis...TO DEALERS. Having exclusive chemical features is a pitch for dealers because it improves chemical sales. Why have your customers use Bromine? Considering its the most allergetic chemical made...how do you explain the itching your customers are getting? Maybe one of the same reasons they bought the spa? When selling hot springs d1 and sundance everyone of my customers has my personal cell number. I look forward to seeing my customers year after year, actually today an Envoy customer of mine bought me lunch and brought it to me who I sold last year when I was in Buffalo...here is an idea, rather then name calling, just get an application for the place who sells d1 sundance or hot springs and you dont have to fight the uphill battle of asking for high dollars for mediocre spas.

You don't know me so watch you mouth, What I do not like is anyone who speaks about things like an authority when it is only to suit their personal agenda and like all traveling carneys which that is all you are, You lack the ability to speak credibly about anything using examples or facts you just spew your opinions as they were gospel. Never did you address or even attempt to refute anything I said all you did was brag about how much money you make, hummm lets see that would come from very the unknowing consumer who listens to your lies as they are told with passion and conviction in much the same way as the snake oil salesman of the old west. Put any of the spas you mentioned in side by side test and see top to bottom who comes out on top. so go and count your pennies and try and forget about all of those you just took advantage and hope that the next bus comes quickly to take your next road show and the promises of more riches and as far considering another brand I would not take a step backwards to the lesser quailty products that you mention, actually there fine tubs but certainly no better as a whole than Marquis. Oh and by the way you incredibly slow minded soul the frog is available in many spas and they are private labeled for leisure time.

YES!!!!

These "carney" guys will sell anything with fake conviction because they have no conscience. They use sales techniques that are repulsive to me and most human beings, once you realize you have been had.

disclaimer added

again I really wanted to learn about Marquis and Marquis Man took a shot at me...I am still interested in learning more about Marquis but Easygoer really hasnt said anything of value. I have mentioned I do consider Marquis a good spa, just not top 3...why is that so offensive

[/quote

You are simply amazing first where was a shot taken at you by Marquis man, I did made some comments based on your statements after which you present them as fact or as an authority on them when there are NOTHING more than your opinion, My issue started when you spoke out of both sides of your mouth something as a traveling road show Carney is habit so I do understand, but you on one hand say your not all that familiar with the Marquis product but you than state that it is not among the top brands and the best reason you can give is that they don't have a fish aquarium pump on them, that may be unfair to as in reality the small circ pumps can work OK but the trade offs and the advantages of using a hi flow system are every bit as valid and that is where you lack the ability or the grace to acknowledge it. And to say I have added nothing of value is again simply your opinion, I truly see nothing that you have added as even something for someone to consider other the product you might be selling this week and in your words making a lot of money doing so, hey I have to ask you ( making a ton of money in 6 months time) are you really so dumb or arrogant or both to boast of something like that on a message board where the thought of road show guys is not very high to began with and you pretty much reinforce the stereo type.

Steve, have you read the entire thread? It started with me asking questions about Marquis, then getting blasted by the guy who started the thread, then when I spoke my own mind easygoer blasts me. What about Marquis warranty is better then hot springs d1 or sundance? I guess I dont know the Marquis warranty that well. As far as largest denver dealer would be Cal Spas, what does that have anything to do with this discussion? There are plenty of reasons d1 sundance and hot springs have a better tub then Marquis, and I would still show the underside of the equipment on the sundance even though not as impressive as the other two I have nothing to hide about that product. Everything I say is always in my own opinion, I dont know why when I voice my opinion people choose to take things so personally, on message boards and in real life I voice all my tub opinions with conviction, if someone disagrees thats fine but they dont have to be rude, just voice there opinion back...not take personal shots.

Yeah I read the thread.... What's your point? All I see is people defending their own opinions as I've seen a million times on spa forums. Your belief that HS, D1 and Sundance are superior spas is just that... A belief of yours. You will never convince anyone here that doesn't believe that to be an accurate statement.

You wanna help? Take the stance of many credible people that come to spa forums. Base opinions on data and fact with a clear comparison if you feel strongly about something, delete the word BEST from all your posts, and remember that 90% of what we read on the www is necessarily true just because it's on our screen.

One individual comes to mind in that regard. There's guy operating a spa scam that has pages of gibberish on his website and his belief is that if HE types it, it must be true and others MUST drink the Koolaide. I think he's in an institution now and his business has gone down the crapper due to his lack of morals and business acumen but he thought he knew it all. Truth is, he was the village idiot and everyone else could see what he couldn't.

My point is, don't let people drag you down and get tunnel vision. People want to drag you into their miserable lives and as we know, misery loves company right? Take the high road and work to your strengths while removing the "salesman hat". There's LOTS of us here already! :lol:

Steve

Easygoer, maybe traveling spa sales guy doesnt have a good reputation to you, but I could take a number of store manager positions all over the country, I have been offered businesses to run as a partnership with me putting no money into it. So saying we have a bad rep? The road guys are known as the best spa sales people in the country and we do it because its boring sitting in a show room and testing peoples water...so while you wait for your bebacks please stop trying to talk down to me because I like traveling and making better money then sitting in a show room all day.

Nice post Steve, I understand, and I take everyones words as opinion...and figured others did the same.

Easygoer, maybe when you have more expierence in the spa industry of work for anyone besides marquis we will continue...until then im done on this thread

Easygoer, maybe traveling spa sales guy doesnt have a good reputation to you, but I could take a number of store manager positions all over the country, I have been offered businesses to run as a partnership with me putting no money into it. So saying we have a bad rep? The road guys are known as the best spa sales people in the country and we do it because its boring sitting in a show room and testing peoples water...so while you wait for your bebacks please stop trying to talk down to me because I like traveling and making better money then sitting in a show room all day.

Nice post Steve, I understand, and I take everyones words as opinion...and figured others did the same.

Easygoer, maybe when you have more expierence in the spa industry of work for anyone besides marquis we will continue...until then im done on this thread

Again spoken like a true traveling Carney who makes huge assumptions while knowing nothing of the person their speaking to and most of the time knowing even less about the product (forget knowing the competition) their selling that week, again you don't know me so stop playing the road show vagabond all knowing guru and stop with your to good to provide service to someone on a showroom floor, that testing of customers water is beneath you, more likely your incapable of it. You with all your wealth of knowledge as it is displayed here, along with you arrogance is what a traveling sales man is just someone who can't hack providing the long term service of a customer and who can run away from a town as fast as they blew in with the hope the check clears and you have bus fare to the next stop. Thank for being the definition of what many think of road show guys.

Again spoken like a true traveling Carney who makes huge assumptions while knowing nothing of the person their speaking to and most of the time knowing even less about the product (forget knowing the competition) their selling that week, again you don't know me so stop playing the road show vagabond all knowing guru and stop with your to good to provide service to someone on a showroom floor, that testing of customers water is beneath you, more likely your incapable of it. You with all your wealth of knowledge as it is displayed here, along with you arrogance is what a traveling sales man is just someone who can't hack providing the long term service of a customer and who can run away from a town as fast as they blew in with the hope the check clears and you have bus fare to the next stop. Thank for being the definition of what many think of road show guys.

When namecalling persists I think we've gotten to the point of wasting electrons because this thread is going nowhere.

When namecalling persists I think we've gotten to the point of wasting electrons because this thread is going nowhere.

I concur. I don't think either are far off of the truth and both are somewhat incorrect. That said, both of these people have much to offer people here and have a skill set all their own.

I'd like to learn more from our traveling friend and exactly how it works selling spas that way if he's open to that but we'll do that on another thread.

I bet these guys would be best friends sitting around a fire with a beer in their hands... :lol:

Cheers all,

Steve

PS I see Robert gets pretty beat up on that link about Marquis! He's such a nasty guy! lol

I am always surprised how someone can into a forum and try to bully their way around. I see someone who seems to state their opinion as fact. I noticed several points that were raised but never addressed and about the only answer that came was someone bragging about how much money they made and did not have the time to help customers after the sale . I think if the there is anything to be gained it is that if the attitude of a traveling salesman is to make as much as they can while not wanting to have deal with customers after the fact than that speaks with much more volume than any thing else that was written here.

Well let's all see how the customers like the marquis......

http://www.hottubsdirectory.com/cgi-bin/ts...arquis&blt=

Wow noooo I mean WOW.... Traveling Sales Guy you may want to hide your eyes but based on this sites rating's here is the order of ranking by consumers:

1) Marquis 4.50

2) D-1 4.11

3) Hot Springs 3.54

4) Sundance 2.53

Now I would take this with a grain of salt as who knows how all the ratings were gathered but it does speak very well of Marquis for more than holding there own when compared to the others with actual owners.

As a recovering spa carney I will tell you there a alot of ppl who think that they know everything about every spa out there. The worst of them are the spa whores. (the ones that are npt loyal to the brand that they sell. I am in every home show in my city and I see alot of these guys come here and flat out lie about thier product. So when I come to these fourms and here these guys I just have to laugh. Most of them a either alcoholics or drug addicts. I know this because I was one of them..... When I talk to my customers I never down talk any spas out there.

As a recovering spa carney I will tell you there a alot of ppl who think that they know everything about every spa out there. The worst of them are the spa whores. (the ones that are npt loyal to the brand that they sell. I am in every home show in my city and I see alot of these guys come here and flat out lie about thier product. So when I come to these fourms and here these guys I just have to laugh. Most of them a either alcoholics or drug addicts. I know this because I was one of them..... When I talk to my customers I never down talk any spas out there.

Thats good to hear and I wish you the best. In my shopping for all types of products the last person I have learned I could have a great deal of confidence in was those who act like a hired gun and are only in town for a particular event. Doing my own research and than going to local dealers who had to support what they offered after I made my purchase has always served me best.

I just reread this whole thread and in dong so it was pretty apparent when it turned, statements mentioning Kool-Aid and such seemed to bend it in another direction. I will say again there were several points made and questions asked that were never answered or acknowledged which from where I come from means when you've got no answers for something it is better to remain quiet and thought to be a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. I guess when you began to brag about how much money your making off of people you never have to see again, you would be better served to have remained quiet.