Get Spa Stereo/cd Upgrade Option Or Not?

Does anyone have an opinion on wether or not to get the upgrade for a built in spa stereo system? Just about all the Spa Dealers/Manufacturers are offering them now. Of course, it costs extra. :D I really am not sure if it is the Built in Stereo System is that big a deal or not. Why can't you just use an outdoor stereo system?

Any opinions?

Does anyone have an opinion on wether or not to get the upgrade for a built in spa stereo system? Just about all the Spa Dealers/Manufacturers are offering them now. Of course, it costs extra. :D I really am not sure if it is the Built in Stereo System is that big a deal or not. Why can't you just use an outdoor stereo system?

Any opinions?

N O T would be my vote!!!!!!!!

Not at all worth the $$, they don't hold up too well (typically only 1 yr warranty) and just ok sounding.

I agree - for the cost you could easily buy an iPod, load it up with music, dock it to a charging station with speakers and remote, and still have a wad of cash in your pocket. Or, as you say, something real easy like an outdoor water-resistant stereo.

Ditto here. The stereo options are way too expensive for what you get and most are just okay sounding. Go outdoor system or play the ipod. I plan on using my ipod as well. I have some big sony great sounding headphones that cover the entire ear that have a really long cord.

Until now you did not have a good option as far as sound. Bullfrog and Bose developed the most amazing sound system. they mount the equipment on to the cabinet face. I have never seen a system built so well and not drilled into the shell. In fact they have the only spa with Jet Packs. At one of our stores we are offering a free Bose wave radio with purchase. But I agree with the other dealers with stereo equipment drilled into the shell or have a retractable speaker, still drilled into the shell. Try the other option that is now available to the public. "Bullfrog spas" Get use to that name.

TBK

Happy Hunting

God Bless!

Until now you did not have a good option as far as sound. Bullfrog and Bose developed the most amazing sound system. they mount the equipment on to the cabinet face. I have never seen a system built so well and not drilled into the shell. In fact they have the only spa with Jet Packs. At one of our stores we are offering a free Bose wave radio with purchase. But I agree with the other dealers with stereo equipment drilled into the shell or have a retractable speaker, still drilled into the shell. Try the other option that is now available to the public. "Bullfrog spas" Get use to that name.

TBK

Happy Hunting

God Bless!

I vote no, no matter what the brand.

I have a bose system in my boat, very expensive, mediocre sounding at best. You can get alot more for less money at your local stereo store. Outdoor infared or not, speakers, mounted next to your tub driven off your home stereo.

I've seen a bose system on a Bullfrog tub.

It looked more cheesy than the built in speakers I've seen elsewhere.

Yes they had a molded in area but the speakers popped up on a swivel mounted rack.

I don't care how you install it. You are still running a stereoor TV in an out door environment (usually).

Combine this with the heat and humidity of a tub and these kinds of electronics will not be warranteed for very long for a good reason.

For the price of a built in TV you can get four or five 19 inch TV at Best Buy or Walmart. You can get more boom box radios and you can take the radio inside with you when you are done tubbing. Use it in the office or garage since it isn't installed on the tub.

My vote is no.

Yes they had a molded in area but the speakers popped up on a swivel mounted rack.

I don't care how you install it. You are still running a stereoor TV in an out door environment (usually).

Combine this with the heat and humidity of a tub and these kinds of electronics will not be warranteed for very long for a good reason.

For the price of a built in TV you can get four or five 19 inch TV at Best Buy or Walmart. You can get more boom box radios and you can take the radio inside with you when you are done tubbing. Use it in the office or garage since it isn't installed on the tub.

My vote is no.

I vote def. not!

I vote no, no matter what the brand.

I have a bose system in my boat, very expensive, mediocre sounding at best. You can get alot more for less money at your local stereo store. Outdoor infared or not, speakers, mounted next to your tub driven off your home stereo.

I agree, BOSE is just an overly hyped up name in stereo equipment. I would say no to them all.

TBK

Happy Hunting

God Bless!

In the end I would not get this option, from any of the spa companies no matter how good they market it.

My vote is no.

They don't put a tv in there spas. It was not a Bullfrog you saw with a tv. Its o.k. if it is not for you, but this is the best design to date. Period.

TBK

Happy Hunting

God Bless.

Why not block "best Buy" as well as "my Opinion" or better yet "salesman" etc....

TBK

Happy Hunting!

God Bless.

Actually they should program the site to add "IMO" whenever anyone types the old "our way is BEST" post. In fact, "IMO" was all that was missing from your post when you proclaimed your stereo system was "the best".

They don't put a tv in there spas. It was not a Bullfrog you saw with a tv. Its o.k. if it is not for you, but this is the best design to date. Period.

TBK

Happy Hunting

God Bless.

Sorry, let me clarify my post.

It was the bose radio I saw in a Bullfrog spa and it was cheesy.

In a separate sentence, I also don't think TV's or Radios are a good thing to build into a spa regardless of the manufacturer.

If you absolutely have to have a tv or radio built into your spa it's your money go ahead and waste it. But there are cheaper, more reliable and better sounding ways to accomplish music or TV around your spa.

I agree, BOSE is just an overly hyped up name in stereo equipment. I would say no to them all.

I agree with this completely. I have to be carefull because alot of people are ripped off by the Bose marketing thing. 400 bucks for a Wave radio from bose...LOL you can get a boom box that sounds better for half the money. I think Bose made some mediocre overpriced speakers a while back but have since raised there prices and dropped there quality to a different level. Now remember this is just my opinion. I like Sony and Infinity.

I agree with this completely. I have to be carefull because alot of people are ripped off by the Bose marketing thing. 400 bucks for a Wave radio from bose...LOL you can get a boom box that sounds better for half the money. I think Bose made some mediocre overpriced speakers a while back but have since raised there prices and dropped there quality to a different level. Now remember this is just my opinion. I like Sony and Infinity.

Are we saying that 90% of the reason they use those speakers is so they can use the word "BOSE" in the sales presentation IMO?

My spa came with a JBL system with pop up speakers. It sounds decent but not fantastic. I personally wouldn't pay extra for it. I got 4 water proof speakers for like $200 and hooked them up to my indoor reciever so now I can listen to music or if there is a good game on tv I can listen to it outside.

As for Bose I had some of thier speakers a while back and I was very impressed with the sound but the stuff they are putting out now is well made but not worth the money IMO. I looked at a surround system that Bose has that is only 2 speakers instead of 6 that most are and it sounded awesome but it was like $1,200. I ended up getting a Sony system for $500 that sounded just as good IMO. I think Bose has become more of a status symbol than anything else.

Not only NO, but HELL NO. Complete, utter waste of hard-earned money. I like the new SpAudio II that HotSpring has developed, but even then, I say HELL NO. No TV's, no radio's, no video games, no cell phones. Outdoor speakers are a much better option.

Terminator

Not only NO, but HELL NO. Complete, utter waste of hard-earned money. I like the new SpAudio II that HotSpring has developed, but even then, I say HELL NO. No TV's, no radio's, no video games, no cell phones. Outdoor speakers are a much better option.

Terminator

I'm still waiting for someone to come out with a Microwave oven in their spa! :wacko:

I think Bose has become more of a status symbol than anything else.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Other than the "cool-ness" of the sound system itself, status symbol is a large reason why someone would want a stereo in their spa in the first place. Perhaps there are some folks out there that don't want a boom box sitting next to their spa... or the "hassle" of wiring speakers to entertain outside, or to build a weatherproof contraption to house a different type of stereo (although those are all wonderfully creative alternatives and considerably less expensive!). Some people may actually like the fact that when they introduce their spa to the neighborhood, friends and family... when everyone goes "ooooo, aaahhhh" over how "cool" it is with a stereo in it, it makes them feel good. For the folks that want it all in one little nice package and don't mind spending the money, it works great. I know... hard to believe that someone in America would want something as extravegant as a spa with a stereo in it, but I do have quite a few people that have done it and have been pleased with the results.

As far as the quality of sound... I'm a musician on the side (no... not good enough to quit my day job :huh: ) but I pay attention to how something sounds. When I first heard of the stereo system in a spa I really thought it would sound bad. But, for the conditions that it is in... hot water/ jets shooting water/ people having a good time... if you get the equalizer balanced just so- it sounds adequate for someone that just simply wants to hear some music in a spa. I happen to think transducer speakers are a great idea and feeling the vibration throught the water is a completely different experience than just hearing something. I actually LIKE to feel music through my body. I think this somehow brings me back to my teenage years where I would stand close to a speaker to feel the music concert in my tummy. Granted... now-adays I have to have people repeat things to me (eh? What did you say sonny?"). Feeling the music with your body through the water DOES make a difference... and you can't get that "feeling" with a stereo system and speakers outside of the spa. I'm suprised that no one mentioned that yet. At least now (with a spa stereo) people can "feel" music without going deaf! LOL! :lol:

Now, there are amazing stereo systems available these days, but even the best quality in the world is going to sound different when you have pumps running. I wouldn't expect the best sound in the world to come from a spa stereo but the novelty of it definately appeals to some people that like the bells and whistles, and there's nothing wrong with that (haha IMO). If you have the money, like the idea, and want a spa with some "bling bling" on it... I say go for it. I wouldn't get one if it didn't have transducers (turns the shell into a speaker) though.

If you want it to be less money and don't care about feeling the music with your body, then there are many other ways to take care of the music thing as mentioned above.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Other than the "cool-ness" of the sound system itself, status symbol is a large reason why someone would want a stereo in their spa in the first place. Perhaps there are some folks out there that don't want a boom box sitting next to their spa... or the "hassle" of wiring speakers to entertain outside, or to build a weatherproof contraption to house a different type of stereo (although those are all wonderfully creative alternatives and considerably less expensive!). Some people may actually like the fact that when they introduce their spa to the neighborhood, friends and family... when everyone goes "ooooo, aaahhhh" over how "cool" it is with a stereo in it, it makes them feel good. For the folks that want it all in one little nice package and don't mind spending the money, it works great. I know... hard to believe that someone in America would want something as extravegant as a spa with a stereo in it, but I do have quite a few people that have done it and have been pleased with the results.

As far as the quality of sound... I'm a musician on the side (no... not good enough to quit my day job :huh: ) but I pay attention to how something sounds. When I first heard of the stereo system in a spa I really thought it would sound bad. But, for the conditions that it is in... hot water/ jets shooting water/ people having a good time... if you get the equalizer balanced just so- it sounds adequate for someone that just simply wants to hear some music in a spa. I happen to think transducer speakers are a great idea and feeling the vibration throught the water is a completely different experience than just hearing something. I actually LIKE to feel music through my body. I think this somehow brings me back to my teenage years where I would stand close to a speaker to feel the music concert in my tummy. Granted... now-adays I have to have people repeat things to me (eh? What did you say sonny?"). Feeling the music with your body through the water DOES make a difference... and you can't get that "feeling" with a stereo system and speakers outside of the spa. I'm suprised that no one mentioned that yet. At least now (with a spa stereo) people can "feel" music without going deaf! LOL! :lol:

Now, there are amazing stereo systems available these days, but even the best quality in the world is going to sound different when you have pumps running. I wouldn't expect the best sound in the world to come from a spa stereo but the novelty of it definately appeals to some people that like the bells and whistles, and there's nothing wrong with that (haha IMO). If you have the money, like the idea, and want a spa with some "bling bling" on it... I say go for it. I wouldn't get one if it didn't have transducers (turns the shell into a speaker) though.

If you want it to be less money and don't care about feeling the music with your body, then there are many other ways to take care of the music thing as mentioned above.

Is anyone else attracted to Amanda as I am after this post?