Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Thanks for decding that but I think most people prefer to draw their own conclusions.

Now THAT'S funny. Every day you and a handful of 'regulars' are here bashing Costco tubs, even though none of you own one. Why do you bash? You pretend it's some sort of consumer protection alert which would be fine if you were pointing to a specific problem with a specific model by a specific manufacturer. In that case, you would say something like: Avoid the xyz tub from qrs company because the heaters are defective. But no, what is really being 'bashed' here with good old-fashioned FUD is the IDEA of buying a hot tub a Costco. Why? Because obviously Costco and similar outlets are selling a lot of hot tubs at much lower prices than has historically been the case and that's probably having a bad effect on what has been a cozy retail backwater...the hot tub store. But you go on with your bashing...letting people draw their own conclusions. <laugh>

Coming from a guy who just finished saying there is no reason why anyone should pay much more than he did for his tub that is funny how you try to turn it around once your ridiculous statement is called out.

Nice deflection attempt.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But I spent $4k instead of $10k and that's what brings you and Roger to these forums every day"

I'm curious, what brings you to the forum everyday?

The Costco hot tub bashing. I might not have bought my Costco tub if I had read all of the FUD here and I imagine there are others that are the same so I feel an obligation to counter your FUD about Costco tubs. People getting ready to buy a Costco tub might see the FUD and get cold feet which would be a shame, or at least it would have been for us. Instead, we've had over a year of Costco hot tubbin.

Coming from a guy who just finished saying there is no reason why anyone should pay much more than he did for his tub...

Typically deceptive. Actually I said: "Okay, if you are right and my tub was only worth $4k, then there is no reason why anyone should pay much more than that."

There was nothing deceptive about my statement. You were on your typical high horse that anyone who spent any more than you did is wasting their money. It's that kind of rhetoric that affects your credibility.

There's nothing wrong with the choice you made, just the way you try to jam it down everyone's throat as the best choice. You may not think there is any reason to pay more for a spa than you did but tell that to Silver1, Mendoza and Saskman who have documented on this site their issues with it.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry30497

To each his own.

There was nothing deceptive about my statement. You were on your typical high horse that anyone who spent any more than you did is wasting their money. It's that kind of rhetoric that affects your credibility.

You are the one on the typical high horse that anyone who buys a hot tub at Costco is a moronic buffoon. It's that kind of rhetoric that affects your credibility. There's nothing wrong with someone making a choice to not buy a hot tub at Costco, just the way you try to jam buying a dealer tub down everyone's throat here as the ONLY choice. Not having a Costco hot tub as a choice would have been a disaster for us because there is no way we would have ponied up $10k for a new tub. We probably would have bought a used junker and had to spend a lot of money fixing it.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry32996

You are the one on the typical high horse that anyone who buys a hot tub at Costco is a moronic buffoon. It's that kind of rhetoric that affects your credibility. There's nothing wrong with someone making a choice to not buy a hot tub at Costco, just the way you try to jam buying a dealer tub down everyone's throat here as the ONLY choice. Not having a Costco hot tub as a choice would have been a disaster for us because there is no way we would have ponied up $10k for a new tub. We probably would have bought a used junker and had to spend a lot of money fixing it.

Nope. I've said many times that Costco is not a bad buy. It's just not a $10k spa on sale for $4k as you've try to jam down our throats many times. I have full respect for those who buy it and know it for what it is, a value priced spa that is sold for $4k (and worth it) but not worth $8k or $10k.

Nope. I've said many times that Costco is not a bad buy. It's just not a $10k spa on sale for $4k as you've try to jam down our throats many times. I have full respect for those who buy it and know it for what it is, a value priced spa that is sold for $4k (and worth it) but not worth $8k or $10k.

Wheres the pic <_<

Nope. I've said many times that Costco is not a bad buy.

Okay, what model tub at Costco would you enthusiastically recommend to someone who wants to spend no more than $6k on a new hot tub? Or would you tell them to go buy the used junker?

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry32996

People! get a life.

Yeah, for the extra $6k you get a special massage by the dealer sales team. Hope it's worth it.

Wait a minute here....nobody said anything about getting a "special message" when I was out at the dealers. Had they said that I might have went with them instead of my Platinum. Sorry but after 17 pages...can you really de-rail a thread anymore than it already was???

As with any hobby if you are just starting out I think a cheaper (price) tub is the way to go. I know I have heard and read many stories about people who buy a hot tub and then never use it after the new wears off....which is the habit of most consumers. Going with a 10k tub and that happening is a much costlier issue than going with a 4-6k tub for your first run and deciding if hot tubing is your thing.

The fact that there is even a debate about this means you can buy one of these tubs and have a good experience...or bad....and the same can be said for a dealer tub. Just educate yourself to a level you feel comfortable with on tubs and go buy the one that does it for you...screw what everyone else thinks.

I am laughing my arse off at the friends I know who rushed out 10 weeks ago to get an IPhone and now the price just dropped 200 bucks.....10 weeks....please...thats a slap in the face to consumers.

As with any hobby if you are just starting out I think a cheaper (price) tub is the way to go.

Go with what you can afford. if you can afford a upper "better" spa in the future go for it. Dont think a 4,000 buck tub is a top of the line spa Its not take my word for it---a spa owner and user.

John

Affordability had nothing to do with it for me...it was more about cost effective.

What is Cost Effective?

Definition: Cost effective is something that is economical, based on the tangible benefits produced by the money spent.

With that said I knew I could enjoy the benefits of my Platinum Legend that had a stereo, lights, waterfall, jets and the size (7 person) without having to spend 10k or more. Unlike most I wanted a spa with all the above...lights...stereo...and thats what I have.

Is it better...yes...because I didn't have to spend over 6k for it and it had everything I wanted. Will it last as long as another spa...don't know...never owned another spa. Does it have better or equivalent parts, don't know...I wouldn't know better parts over sub standard parts.

What fun would this forum or life be if everyone thought the same way...???

Just a thought .Everyone keeps going here so why not.

A Costco Infinity sells for $3000 delivered and a jacuzzi or Sundance or Hotspring sells for $8000 perhaps more if you do not haggle with the dealer.

Now we are looking at a better shell with the Big Brand names so how much more does this cost the manufacturer?

Better electronics with the Big Names?Well I'm not quite sure as the Infinity uses a Balboa su control so I don't think the Big Names spend any more money here.

Pumps? how much more does it cost the Big Boys for there pumps and how much better are they than the GE Infinity pumps?Remember the Big Brands are supposed to be the biggest sellers in North America so they should be getting big volume discounts.

Plastic hoses and fittings?Better with the Big Brand Names?How much more do they pay?

Better jets with the big brand names and if they are and I have doubts here but if they are how much moredo they pay

Last is the insulation that everyone talks about.If you wanted to fill half the tub like a sundance or full foam or whatever how much more will this cost.

So to start with $3000 less delivery and build a Sundance,Hotsprings,Jacuzzi how much more money do the manufacturers put in the spa?

Does anyone believe that the Big names have to put in $5000 more in material to build there Spas?

I'm curious and not sitting on either side of the fence and take into acount that the delivery and profit comes off the $3000 DOLLAR Infinity spa SO IT ACTUALLY COST LESS THAN $3000 TO BUILD.

Any Ideas?

Better electronics with the Big Names?Well I'm not quite sure as the Infinity uses a Balboa su control so I don't think the Big Names spend any more money here.

This is a key point. A lot of spa makers will go out of their way to say "uses Balboa controls" but just because it says "Balboa" does not mean much by itself. Balboa makes some less expensive/quality controls as well as some top of the line, good quality/expensive controls (and certainly some in between).

The same can be said for Jets and other components. Sometimes having experience with tubs from multiple sources gives you some insight versus looking at a single spa and deciding based on that sample of one whether it's well built and how good the components are.

It's like saying blonde women are beautiful. Courtney Love, and Pam Anderson are both blonde but the comparison ends there. I'm not saying that Infinity necessarily uses the Courtney Love model from Balboa but I think you get my point.

I assume that they use Gecko or Balboa.So are we talking $200 more?

I believe that Sundance/Jacuzzi has their own proprietary controller from Invensys in their higher-end tubs. The controller in their other spas is from Spa Builders Support Group. Not sure what all that means, but I know the higher-end controller is considered to be one of the best in the industry.

Why and how much more does it cost the manufacturer?Invensys is a manufacturer not just a name being built by Gecho or Balboa?

No idea. But people who are a lot smarter than I am and who know a lot more than I do about hot tubs say it's better. A lot better. Those same people - who have no incentive for saying so, other than their own opinion - say that "you get what you pay for" when in comes to controllers. Just like every other component, and the spa itself.

If you really want to get technical, go over to Doc's site. It's more technically oriented than this site, or most others. You can read to your heart's content about pumps, heaters, controllers, flow switches, diverters, and everything else. And for the most part, you'll hear everything that the dumb, mindless, brainwashed salespeople say here: when it comes to hot tubs, you get what you pay for.