Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

A cheap one piece ball valve might cost $5 or $10 while the same size valve with a full port, good seals, and union connections might cost $50 or $100. I have never seen anything but the absolute cheapest ball valves in the couple of tubs I saw that had those.

Now we are getting somewhere. And this can carry all the way to every component in a spa. A shell for example can cost 6 hundred dollars to manufacture or two thousand. We already stated with factual back up that Balboa makes controllers for 200 bucks and 1500 bucks. Waterway...same thing hundreds of jets and plumbing fittings and several levels of performance and quality. Frames, it is easy to frame a tub for a few hundred to a thousand or more dollars. The list holds true for every component ...

I agree with you on this and that's why I have disagreed with the Costco tub bashing earlier. I actually OWN a Costco tub made by Hydrospa so I have seen up close and personal all of the components in it and...they are pretty good. For example, the Aeware stereo seems about as good as anyone anywhere is using. The controller is a Balboa 2000 'M7 Technology' controller and heater combo that looks about as good as anything Balboa has ever sold although it certainly does not have every single feature ever offered. The piping, tubing, shell, and jets all look very good. The synthetic skirting still looks like new after one of our wet winters which is proof enough for me that it's good. The circ pump has an Emerson motor rated for continuous duty and it has run continuously for 14 months and still hums along like when it was new. The jet pumps blast appropriately and have GE 56 FR motors rated for continuous duty. What's not to like? You can go on about how it is all really 'junk' but unless you can provide specifics your words are just so much FUD and ranting. Now I could be convinced otherwise if you could point to something such as maybe a series of shell failures after 3 years caused by using cheap chinese resin or the use of non-ASTM pvc fittings and pipe that cracked and failed after a year or motors with aluminum windings that caught the thing on fire or stuff like that. Of course, I would know that those would be false on my tub, anyway. What will not convince me, is to trot out a bunch of phony shill posts about people whose tubs supposedly spring multiple sudden leaks and don't turn on or something. To anyone who actually owns one of the tubs, that stuff is a fantasy trip by desperate hot tub companies.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not worked on any 10 YO Hydrospas, but I have disposed of 6 and 7 YO hydor's and worked on 4-5 YO hydro's that are falling apart. Skirting, framework, PVC pipe and fittings, pumps and motors, just don't last as long as the D1, Marquis, HS (yes I said Hot Springs even though I am not a fan) Does that mean at 4 grand it's not right for whoever buys it, not neccesarily, but it is still not a 10,000 dollar tub and it never will be in my mind. If you want to think that way fine. Just don't try and convince anyone of it with your limited experience or knowledge without a more educated opposing view being presented by someone.

Exactly, sometimes when you buy a $4k spa what you get is a spa valued at $4k. There is nothing wrong with that but the quality as a whole can not be expected to be equal to some of the better brands out there. Now we’re not talking about all brands because I'd buy a $4k Costco Platinum II spa before I'd buy a 49k Thermospa or even a Cal Spa.

Sure some people will have better luck than others so you can't look at a sample of 1 but rather you have to look at a larger population. I could ignore NW's happiness with his spa based on it being a sample of 1 just as he wants to disregard Saskman, Silver and JMendoza's who had to send it back as documented below but you have to include all the experiences to get an overall picture.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...ic=7487&hl=

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...c=1117&st=0

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...ic=7415&hl=

Time will tell and results may vary.

I have seen up close and personal all of the components in it and...they are pretty good. For example, the Aeware stereo seems about as good as anyone anywhere is using. The controller is a Balboa 2000 'M7 Technology' controller and heater combo that looks about as good as anything Balboa has ever sold although it certainly does not have every single feature ever offered. The piping, tubing, shell, and jets all look very good. The synthetic skirting still looks like new after one of our wet winters which is proof enough for me that it's good. The circ pump has an Emerson motor rated for continuous duty and it has run continuously for 14 months and still hums along like when it was new. The jet pumps blast appropriately and have GE 56 FR motors rated for continuous duty. What's not to like?

Now, this kind of comment is helpful. It is detailed and fairly specific.

• Gecko Alliance's Aeware site states that it is a "mid-range" line ( I like the look and features of Aeware; I think we are using the in.mx controller and related components in our Coyote models, which is our entry-level line)
  • Balboa's M-7 technology is available in four series from the top-end Elite (ES) to the Global (GS) - which do you have?
  • For the most part, standard jets are standard jets and any model that uses them can be considered equivalent on that basis, though there may be differences in the plumbing behind the jets.
  • Discussion about motors and pumps seems to get bogged down because of inconsistencies in the way power is reported. (I had a lengthy exchange with John Nloty on another board that showed me some of the difficulties in comparing pumps without having full technical information!)
  • Any idea about the composition of the skirting? From what I've read, some of the composites last better than others. Fading of the color in bright sun seems to be one issue. Your observations on this carry weight, as you have seen your spa through a full year.

I have not worked on any 10 YO Hydrospas, but I have disposed of 6 and 7 YO hydor's and worked on 4-5 YO hydro's that are falling apart. Skirting, framework, PVC pipe and fittings, pumps and motors, just don't last as long as the D1, Marquis, HS (yes I said Hot Springs even though I am not a fan) Does that mean at 4 grand it's not right for whoever buys it, not neccesarily, but it is still not a 10,000 dollar tub and it never will be in my mind. If you want to think that way fine. Just don't try and convince anyone of it with your limited experience or knowledge without a more educated opposing view being presented by someone.

Exactly, sometimes when you buy a $4k spa what you get is a spa valued at $4k. There is nothing wrong with that but the quality as a whole can not be expected to be equal to some of the better brands out there. Now we’re not talking about all brands because I'd buy a $4k Costco Platinum II spa before I'd buy a 49k Thermospa or even a Cal Spa.

Sure some people will have better luck than others so you can't look at a sample of 1 but rather you have to look at a larger population. I could ignore NW's happiness with his spa based on it being a sample of 1 just as he wants to disregard Silver and JMendoza's who had to send it back as documented below but you have to include all the experiences to get an overall picture.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...ic=7487&hl=

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...c=1117&st=0

Time will tell and results may vary.

You have posted the links to these sad tales about 20 times here so I guess that's all you have to talk about. According to the posts they both made, one of these guys finally got his tub issues resolved with the factory and the other guy returned the tub after having it for a week because he couldn't get the pumps to run and it suddenly sprung multiple leaks. My experience with my tub for 14 months means a hell of lot more than some guy who had the tub for a week. As I said before, the tub uses components that look pretty good to me and the design is solid. If whats-his-name's tub sprung a bunch of leaks, then it must have somehow been damaged during shipment or storage is all I can think. There is certainly nothing wrong with the assembly or design techniques, based on what I see on my tub. Now it's always possible that the workers at the factory were all taking siestas instead of building a good tub but the assembly on my tub is all very good. Every connection on every hose and pipe fitting is great. Moreover, when I got my tub, it still had a little water in some of the pipes from the testing at the factory so I don't think there is anyway that a leaky tub could leave the factory unless they skipped the testing completely. If the leaky tub guy was legitimate (which given the nature of this forum is a matter of some doubt), then something happened to his tub after it left the factory.

You have posted the links to these sad tales about 20 times here so I guess that's all you have to talk about. According to the posts they both made, one of these guys finally got his tub issues resolved with the factory and the other guy returned the tub after having it for a week because he couldn't get the pumps to run and it suddenly sprung multiple leaks. My experience with my tub for 14 months means a hell of lot more than some guy who had the tub for a week. As I said before, the tub uses components that look pretty good to me and the design is solid. If whats-his-name's tub sprung a bunch of leaks, then it must have somehow been damaged during shipment or storage is all I can think. There is certainly nothing wrong with the assembly or design techniques, based on what I see on my tub. Now it's always possible that the workers at the factory were all taking siestas instead of building a good tub but the assembly on my tub is all very good. Every connection on every hose and pipe fitting is great. Moreover, when I got my tub, it still had a little water in some of the pipes from the testing at the factory so I don't think there is anyway that a leaky tub could leave the factory unless they skipped the testing completely. If the leaky tub guy was legitimate (which given the nature of this forum is a matter of some doubt), then something happened to his tub after it left the factory.

Because you keep making statements like you did a few posts above where you said:

"What will not convince me, is to trot out a bunch of phony shill posts about people whose tubs supposedly spring multiple sudden leaks and don't turn on or something. To anyone who actually owns one of the tubs, that stuff is a fantasy trip by desperate hot tub companies."

Their posts are no more phony in my mind than your happiness with your spa. They all count (Saskman, Silver, JMendoza and yourself) though you have NUMEROUS times wanted to exclude their experiences and only count you own.

I have seen up close and personal all of the components in it and...they are pretty good. For example, the Aeware stereo seems about as good as anyone anywhere is using. The controller is a Balboa 2000 'M7 Technology' controller and heater combo that looks about as good as anything Balboa has ever sold although it certainly does not have every single feature ever offered. The piping, tubing, shell, and jets all look very good. The synthetic skirting still looks like new after one of our wet winters which is proof enough for me that it's good. The circ pump has an Emerson motor rated for continuous duty and it has run continuously for 14 months and still hums along like when it was new. The jet pumps blast appropriately and have GE 56 FR motors rated for continuous duty. What's not to like?

Now, this kind of comment is helpful. It is detailed and fairly specific.

• Gecko Alliance's Aeware site states that it is a "mid-range" line ( I like the look and features of Aeware; I think we are using the in.mx controller and related components in our Coyote models, which is our entry-level line)
  • Balboa's M-7 technology is available in four series from the top-end Elite (ES) to the Global (GS) - which do you have?
  • For the most part, standard jets are standard jets and any model that uses them can be considered equivalent on that basis, though there may be differences in the plumbing behind the jets.
  • Discussion about motors and pumps seems to get bogged down because of inconsistencies in the way power is reported. (I had a lengthy exchange with John Nloty on another board that showed me some of the difficulties in comparing pumps without having full technical information!)
  • Any idea about the composition of the skirting? From what I've read, some of the composites last better than others. Fading of the color in bright sun seems to be one issue. Your observations on this carry weight, as you have seen your spa through a full year.

hey, thanks for the kind comments. I think the Balboa controller is a special one that they make just for Hydrospa since it doesn't seem to exactly match with anything that they sell to the public directly. But it definitely is the M7 digital technology which is all that seems significant to me. Similarly, the GE pump motors seem to be a special order from GE based on the model number when I went to the GE website out of curiouslity. As for the jets, I 'think' they are waterway jets because some of them have a "W" on them but that's all I know from looking at them up close. The chrome on the front is still shiny and I haven't had any trouble with any of them and they massage really well :) so they seem okay to me. The skirting is some sort of synthetic stuff but I have no idea what. What I can say is that it is not brittle, has not sagged, faded, changed color, lost its surface finish, or allowed mildew to grow on it which is all I want from it. Sun fading is not our big problem here anyway, though. :)

I just want to jump in on the factory water testing. I have seen and have been told by a few tub reps of certain brands. That the number is around 1 in 8 actually get water tested. I have seen this on a couple factory tours and I know Cal used to do this before they expanded as a dealer I knew recieved a "water tested" tub with no pumps.

Im not saying your tub wasnt tested but it does make sense of why others recieve tubs that leak on startup. Water testing takes time and money.

I think the Balboa controller is a special one that they make just for Hydrospa ... Similarly, the GE pump motors seem to be a special order from GE ...

Now, that's interesting too. There are many who argue against custom components, citing limited availability and higher cost, which ain't necessarily so.

Perhaps your Balboa is from the Value Series. I wonder if these are made with a limited feature-set, as an economy measure to help keep the price down? It gives the benefit of having an experienced manufacturer, a recognized brand, economy of scale (making a large number of them). Can anybody comment?

Magic valves (the brand shown in jwillard's photos) are here starting at $12.38 each. This is lower than the prices I found at other sites earlier this year.

I cant stand one piece knife valves. When the gasket fails and cant hold back the water or the bottom is filled with glue from the factory you can t take them apart. Praher makes the best valves since you can take the whole thing apart and just replace the defective part without having to cut out a chunk of piping and retro it back in. Id rather the tub have no valves than those Sh***y one peice valves. Im pretty sure its just a customized decal underlay. Considering under the control pads are the same underneath for any class in Balboa.

I cant stand one piece knife valves.

My Beachcomber (may it rest in peace) had valves with two-piece bodies that were glued together. When the glue failed, I wound up holding them together with a couple of inexpensive C-clamps from the dollar store. Real cheap fix that worked for years. My cost: $4 plus GST. Couldn't have done that with one-piece valves!

Where are the pics from the poster who started this thread? Please, please?

If you pay 4000 for a tub you get a 4000 dollar tub, if you pay 8000 in general you get a better tub. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of tubs sold for 8000 that are not worth it. Happens everyday.

what kind of crap is this??? How can you state what a 4k tub is but when it comes to the 8k tub its just a "better" tub? There is nothing on that bone...no meat!!

what kind of crap is this??? How can you state what a 4k tub is but when it comes to the 8k tub its just a "better" tub? There is nothing on that bone...no meat!!

If you put a top of the line tub next to the 4k tub and did wet testing, the people could feel the differnce and see the better fit and finish.

John

Roger:

You said in an earlier post.

Now we are getting somewhere. And this can carry all the way to every component in a spa. A shell for example can cost 6 hundred dollars to manufacture or two thousand. We already stated with factual back up that Balboa makes controllers for 200 bucks and 1500 bucks

The controller in the Infinity Spa is a Balboa suv m7 which I think sells for $400-$500?What balboa model sells for $1500?

Also from the spas I looked at like Pacific,HotSprings,Sundance,Beachcomber they did not look like $1500 dollar systems they looked like they were probably worth around the $500 dollar mark.

If you put a top of the line tub next to the 4k tub and did wet testing, the people could feel the differnce and see the better fit and finish.

John

Top of the line...thats subjective. Just because you paid 10k for a tub doesnt mean fat arse sitting in it is going to like it more than the 4k tub. How someone feels in a tub has nothing to do with price my friend. I know this for a fact....I sat in some 8-10k tubs and didnt like them compared to my legend. I did however sit in some tubs that were more that I did like. Did I like them more than the Legend...not really...did I like them less...not really. What I did not like was the price.

[

Top of the line...thats subjective. Just because you paid 10k for a tub doesnt mean fat arse sitting in it is going to like it more than the 4k tub. How someone feels in a tub has nothing to do with price my friend. I know this for a fact....I sat in some 8-10k tubs and didnt like them compared to my legend. I did however sit in some tubs that were more that I did like. Did I like them more than the Legend...not really...did I like them less...not really. What I did not like was the price.

I hate the prices too. i do belive the prices are going to come down some because of the internet and costco type sales.

I wet tested a 4k tub and it had the jets my 5 year old Crown xl has. i then wet tested a sundance cameo and all i could say was--- how sweet it is----. i will say you need to wet test every tub you are looking at or you could get burned on a 8 to 10 k tub. i know a person who did.

John

John

I have wet tested some high end spas like Jacuzzi at $11000 and beachcomber and then a $5000 dollar Hydro Spa complete with radio amp and sub.The Jacuzzi was good but the $5000 dollar sp wasnt bad either.My wife and I would have bought it but we did not like the colour.

Regarding the Jacuzzi.Did they have to get this much for the spa?Better built yes but it cost more not because it costs the manufacturer thousands more to build.Did I see $6000 more in material.

I dont know if anyone remembers the door to door salesman selling Kerby,Filter Queen and Electolux Vacumecleaners?They were well built solid and only carried by a territory protected dealer network.The profit was very high.The higher the price you could convince the owner of the home to pay the larger the profit

Sound familiar?

Was the Vac worth the money?Well it was well built.Then the government mandated a cooling off period and all these companies lost sales when a lot of these people came to there senses.Now they are gone.Times change and more and more people are making online purchases.Does anyone physically go to a bank anymore.

I will be interested in buying a HotSopring,Beachcomber,Sundance,Jacuzzi when they are sold online or at Costco.

I still can't force myself to pay for flashy stores,home shows,Big expensive photo shoots for flashy glossy brochures and dvd videos,commission salesman,then there is the traveling sales reps who visit the dealers and help out promoting at the home shows or dealers shows.

A few years back I took a Sales rep from a large well known spa manufacturer out to see our part of the country.I picked him up after he and all his buddies finished there sales stragedy meeting for the following day.They dined at the Keg.Meal and booze.Do you think his and his croonies expense tab has anything to do with the cost of the Spa?

At this time I think I got them down from $11900 to around $9000.Wow what a deal.

Now I could go on about the owners of Artic,Beachcomber etc and look into there lifestyles and spending habits but I have gone on too long already.

I will be interested in buying a HotSopring,Beachcomber,Sundance,Jacuzzi when they are sold online or at Costco.

Please have your credit card ready...operators are standing by....

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...&pos=11#Top

Terminator

Here is the scoop - I did my research and decided on purchasing the Sun Peak from Costco. I waited until the first day(order date 07/01/07) of the sale and purchased the spa online for $2999. Unfortunately, I really thought that the spa would be deliverd by now. Just wanted to check and see if anybody else has received this spa or waiting on this spa. Thanks for any info!

Tubless in Indiana!

MFP

Here is the CostCo Spa Skinny.....

I received my CostCo Infinity 6-person spa 1-week ago. It arrived in 25-30 days, the delivery crew ONLY dropped it off in my driveway - just like the on-line advertisement says. I hired a crane operator/truck to lift it into my backyard ($150/hr). I already had the electric professionally hooked up and pavers were already laid.

I had already poured water in to the spa - not throug the filter as per the instructions - just into the spa. The electrician connected the wires and the spa went immediately into "primer" mode. This lasted about 2-minutes and the jets kicked on. I set the temperature for 102-degrees, it took a long time to get the temperature at 102 (over 5-hours). All the jets worked except the 2-side panels. I called "Infinity Spas" technical support, after a 30-minute wait, the technician came on line and was very nice. I had several questions for him.

1. How are you able to connect the hose to the drain bib to drain the spa? Once you remove the drain cover, and insert the hose, the area is so tight, you cannot turn the nozzel counter clockwise in order to start the drainage. The instructions neglected to say that you must "pull out the drain cover" and then unscrew the cover, insert the hose and then turn the nozzel counter-clockwise.

2. How do I start the 2-sets of jets on the right side of the spa??? Should I drain the spa and fill it inside the filter or what??? The technician told me to open the fron panel - completely (release all the screws - -it's a mess!). This was quite a chore, it's hard to access the plumming and it's really hard to get that cover back on. Once the cover is removed - run the jets and open all the valves, locate the first black plastic pump on the left - - it has 2-white hoses connected to it. at the end of the pump, there are 2-thumb screws, unscrew them until water comes out - about 1-cup of water and then screw them back tigh. this opend the jets immediately. The technician also said to do the same thing to the second pump, but my jets opened with the first pump, so I did not need to repeat this process with the second pump.

Overall, I think this is a very good spa for the money. I noticed that you can not be too heavy handed with the diverter valves and opening the jets, be gentle.....it's not meant for a gorilla to handle. The lights work really nice, the temperature maintains well, the control panel's process to activate the timer, temp and other features is cumbersome, so you will have to take the manual outside to go though the processs - - make a copy of the manual, you don't want to lose the original one or get it wet!!!!

Also, once you have that incredilbly, very cumbersome and awkward panel open, WRITE DOWN ALL THE SERIAL NUMBERS, MODEL NUMBERS, TECHNICIAN NUMBER, ADDRESS... ETC. You do not want to have to open that panel again!!!! if you must, take pictures of the inside.

That's my early experience, it's only been less than a month, I've relaxed in the spa 3-times and have enjoyed it very much. My first spa was a CalSpa PS-4 and it was meant for a gorilla to handle and the access panel had a latch and was very easy to access.

What's not to like? You can go on about how it is all really 'junk' but unless you can provide specifics your words are just so much FUD and ranting. Now I could be convinced otherwise if you could point to something such as maybe a series of shell failures after 3 years caused by using cheap chinese resin or the use of non-ASTM pvc fittings and pipe that cracked and failed after a year or motors with aluminum windings that caught the thing on fire or stuff like that.

Here's some evidence for you:

BBB report on Hydro Spa

27 complaints to the BBB in the last year.

BBB report on Hot Spring Spas

3 complaints in the last year.

BBB report on Infinity Spas

Only 4 reports, but an Unsatisfactory rating from the BBB for failing to address their problems.

I have no idea of the volume Hydro does, or for Infinity. Hot Spring is often said to be the largest in the industry. The other national brands are also very well represented (Artesian, for example, has no complaints at all). A greater proportion of people make official complaints about the Costco spa manufacturers than the so-called "premium" brands. I'd say that's a "specific", don't you think?

Just a thought:

I have watched the Hot Tub or Hot Spa as we now refer to them.

HotTub sounds cheap doesn't it but a Hot Spa somehow sounds like its better and should cost more.

Anyway if anyone has followed Costco they are a force to be reckoned with.They have a solid track record and as I have said before buy there stock.

Costco has decided after several years of watching the market to jump in.Costco sales will grow along with all on line sales.

Selling Hot Tubs....Yes I said Hot Tubs out of a showroom is necessary to get the high prices and lthe arge markup as you can corner,scare and sell up a customer and get him hyped into signing.But as more companies come online through the Internet this drives the price down.

The new generation is computer savvy and not scared of buying from around the world from the comfort of his or her computer.

I remember 5 years back and the price has fallen since then.

After the Infinity SunPeak sale I watched the prices being asked on ebay decline.

I do not believe that this will happen overnight but as every year passes we will see some of the bigger names come online or reduce there profit margin to keep the dealer network alive and there flashy stores open.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Be nice and don't attack me like a great White you do not have to agree with me.

Now I could go on about the owners of Artic,Beachcomber etc and look into there lifestyles and spending habits but I have gone on too long already.

Bond

I agree with alot that you are saying. the only thing is when you sell Quality to someone you only get to sell it to that person once or maybe twice in a life time.

The cheaper spas like the ones you are talking about you can have 4 of them for the life of some of the top spas. I'm talking Hot springs and the like.

I also would like to see some of theses 4k spas FULL FOAM. you wont need to spend all that money keeping it warm, it will keep you warm instead.

John

How do I insert the images??? I have some to post, but when I select "insert image" it comes up with a URL address, the photos are not on-line they are on my hard drive. Help!!!!

Here is the CostCo Spa Skinny.....

I received my CostCo Infinity 6-person spa 1-week ago. It arrived in 25-30 days, the delivery crew ONLY dropped it off in my driveway - just like the on-line advertisement says. I hired a crane operator/truck to lift it into my backyard ($150/hr). I already had the electric professionally hooked up and pavers were already laid.

I had already poured water in to the spa - not throug the filter as per the instructions - just into the spa. The electrician connected the wires and the spa went immediately into "primer" mode. This lasted about 2-minutes and the jets kicked on. I set the temperature for 102-degrees, it took a long time to get the temperature at 102 (over 5-hours). All the jets worked except the 2-side panels. I called "Infinity Spas" technical support, after a 30-minute wait, the technician came on line and was very nice. I had several questions for him.

1. How are you able to connect the hose to the drain bib to drain the spa? Once you remove the drain cover, and insert the hose, the area is so tight, you cannot turn the nozzel counter clockwise in order to start the drainage. The instructions neglected to say that you must "pull out the drain cover" and then unscrew the cover, insert the hose and then turn the nozzel counter-clockwise.

2. How do I start the 2-sets of jets on the right side of the spa??? Should I drain the spa and fill it inside the filter or what??? The technician told me to open the fron panel - completely (release all the screws - -it's a mess!). This was quite a chore, it's hard to access the plumming and it's really hard to get that cover back on. Once the cover is removed - run the jets and open all the valves, locate the first black plastic pump on the left - - it has 2-white hoses connected to it. at the end of the pump, there are 2-thumb screws, unscrew them until water comes out - about 1-cup of water and then screw them back tigh. this opend the jets immediately. The technician also said to do the same thing to the second pump, but my jets opened with the first pump, so I did not need to repeat this process with the second pump.

Overall, I think this is a very good spa for the money. I noticed that you can not be too heavy handed with the diverter valves and opening the jets, be gentle.....it's not meant for a gorilla to handle. The lights work really nice, the temperature maintains well, the control panel's process to activate the timer, temp and other features is cumbersome, so you will have to take the manual outside to go though the processs - - make a copy of the manual, you don't want to lose the original one or get it wet!!!!

Also, once you have that incredilbly, very cumbersome and awkward panel open, WRITE DOWN ALL THE SERIAL NUMBERS, MODEL NUMBERS, TECHNICIAN NUMBER, ADDRESS... ETC. You do not want to have to open that panel again!!!! if you must, take pictures of the inside.

That's my early experience, it's only been less than a month, I've relaxed in the spa 3-times and have enjoyed it very much. My first spa was a CalSpa PS-4 and it was meant for a gorilla to handle and the access panel had a latch and was very easy to access.

Just a thought:

Bond, How do I insert the images??? I have some to post, but when I select "insert image" it comes up with a URL address, the photos are not on-line they are on my hard drive. Help!!!!

I have watched the Hot Tub or Hot Spa as we now refer to them.

HotTub sounds cheap doesn't it but a Hot Spa somehow sounds like its better and should cost more.

Anyway if anyone has followed Costco they are a force to be reckoned with.They have a solid track record and as I have said before buy there stock.

Costco has decided after several years of watching the market to jump in.Costco sales will grow along with all on line sales.

Selling Hot Tubs....Yes I said Hot Tubs out of a showroom is necessary to get the high prices and lthe arge markup as you can corner,scare and sell up a customer and get him hyped into signing.But as more companies come online through the Internet this drives the price down.

The new generation is computer savvy and not scared of buying from around the world from the comfort of his or her computer.

I remember 5 years back and the price has fallen since then.

After the Infinity SunPeak sale I watched the prices being asked on ebay decline.

I do not believe that this will happen overnight but as every year passes we will see some of the bigger names come online or reduce there profit margin to keep the dealer network alive and there flashy stores open.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Be nice and don't attach me like a great White you do not have to agree with me.

Lots of things can be purchased online. Some things can't. I'm as computer savvy as the next person, but I will never buy a pair of shoes online. Or any clothes for that matter. I have to try them on first. I won't buy food online. I won't buy a car online either, I have to test drive one first. And, I know many people have purchased hot tubs without testing them, but I will never be one of those people. And I know I'm not alone. So, dealers will always be around.