Is A Spa With A Bigger Gallon Capacity Better?

WooBah

What is the story with the amount of gallosn a spa holds? I have noticed that some spas that are pretty close in size have a vast difference in the amount of gallons the spa holds. Is a spa that hold more gallons of water better? Is there any significance one way or the other?

Forget worrying about the water volume capacity characteristics of spas while shopping. Concentrate on the therapy a spa provides and the dealer with whom you may be dealing--these are the two most important characteristics to consider. And remember to wet test, wet test, wet test. Good luck in your search.

What is the story with the amount of gallosn a spa holds? I have noticed that some spas that are pretty close in size have a vast difference in the amount of gallons the spa holds. Is a spa that hold more gallons of water better? Is there any significance one way or the other?

The small differences in gallon capacity arent enough to worry about. There are going to be some differences in chemical usage operating costs etc. If you were comparing a 250 gallon spa to a 400 gallon spa there may be a few dollars per month difference but I would be concerned with comfort, therapy, warranty. I preffer the bigger spas because I like to stretch out in my spa and I like to sit in different seats and when I sit in a small spa I feel cramped. Everyone has different wants and needs and you just need to find what you like. My opinion.

Two spas with the same footprint and same depth should be within 5% of each other on gallons as long as they are similarly designed (both have a lounge or don't, both have open seating, etc.). Worry less about what teh brochure tells you and more about how they feel in a wet test.

Two spas with the same footprint and same depth should be within 5% of each other on gallons as long as they are similarly designed (both have a lounge or don't, both have open seating, etc.). Worry less about what teh brochure tells you and more about how they feel in a wet test.

Remember that the lounge(s) seats and other shapes take up space. So even though a spa may be the same size (say 6' x 7') may not hold the same number of gallons of water.

COnsider an analogy - decks on the back of your house. I'vve NEVER heard anyone say "I wish our deck was smaller", I often hear folks say the opposite.

I think this analogy applies to spas, hence, perhaps the real answer to the question is: buy the largest tub you can afford and have room for.

I did, and don't regret it. I considered slightly smaller spas, and after using mine for a year, I'm glad I got what I did.

A couple inches in depth can make a huge difference in Water capacity. Contoured seating and curves within the tub for arm rests, the size of the lounger all can effect capacity.

A couple inches in depth can make a huge difference in Water capacity. Contoured seating and curves within the tub for arm rests, the size of the lounger all can effect capacity.

The more barriers or tucked in feeling the less water capacity. There is a negative correlation between the two. If you want more entertainment=less barrier=more water capacity.

Outside dimmensions may be the same but the interior of the spa may differ considerably. A longe spa will generally hold less water than a non longe spa.

Outside dimmensions may be the same but the interior of the spa may differ considerably. A longe spa will generally hold less water than a non longe spa.

That would depend on the barriers next to each seat if there is even barriers. If not more water can be held and more mobility is available.