New Sickness On Our Street

Yeap our new artic frontier was delievered today and setup. Temps at 86 and climbing. About the time I have to leave for work [ 3:00 am] It should be ready for a good soaking. I think I'am coming down with a major fever[ hot tub sickness] you know the one where only a good soaking in the tub can cure it. lol!!!! I'll let ya all know how it goes. Thank you to all for providing your insight ,experience. steve

Now that you mention it, you ARE looking sort of ashen...As soon as that tub gets up to temperature you'd best get in it as soon as you can. :D

Have fun guy! Those initial dips are mind altering!!!

Enjoy it! And you are right, nothing like a light snowfall to enhance a wonderful tub experience. And i wouldn't try to drive your car on it (i've never seen this advertised for arctic, but would love to see where it is, kind of humorous . . . i've seen the ones with the polar bear on top, but never a car, could you send me a link to this advertisement, Brulan? Thanks in advance).

Enjoy it! And you are right, nothing like a light snowfall to enhance a wonderful tub experience. And i wouldn't try to drive your car on it (i've never seen this advertised for arctic, but would love to see where it is, kind of humorous . . . i've seen the ones with the polar bear on top, but never a car, could you send me a link to this advertisement, Brulan? Thanks in advance).

Kinda reminds me of the monster truck driving over the Volvo!!!

. i've seen the ones with the polar bear on top, but never a car, could you send me a link to this advertisement, Brulan? Thanks in advance).

This refers to a photo of a pickup truck with one front wheel driven up on top of an inverted Arctic shell. Our marketing dept. doesn't have a copy, so perhaps it was not used in our advertising. I'll ask around the plant to see if I can get a copy of this picture.

Tom

Arctic Spas

This refers to a photo of a pickup truck with one front wheel driven up on top of an inverted Arctic shell. Our marketing dept. doesn't have a copy, so perhaps it was not used in our advertising. I'll ask around the plant to see if I can get a copy of this picture.

Tom

Arctic Spas

Yes tom it is that one, can you send it to the man!!! I got this years brochure for artic from the show but doesn't have it in there. YOu are the Artic dealer. Show em the bigfoot jumping the spa without any damage to the spa ;)

Yes tom it is that one... Show em the bigfoot jumping the spa without any damage to the spa ;)

I have located one such photo; it shows a truck with its left rear wheel up on a shell at our old plant. Sorry it's not a monster truck, Steve! But nobody here ever claimed it was. Hmm, I can't paste it here, can only paste a link. I'll have to get it on a web site somewhere...stay tuned.

And BTW I am not a dealer. Actual title is Communications Officer

Why would anyone want to see a pic. of a truck or a tire on top of a tub?????? I would much rather see the pic. of the 10 nude female models standing on the cover!!!!!! Heck I would like to have all the models come join in a nice soak!!!!! steve

You see, to get the weight of the truck you would need 10 very morbidly obese woman and that isn't possible and plus the idea is not to break the shell.

• 8 months later...

Tom

Arctic Spas

Finally found it and got it up:

Truck on spa shell

Of course Tom, all the Arctic bashers are going to ask you to prove it's an Arctic shell! After all, according to some on these sites, if ANY mfg claims their product to be superior in ANY way, then it's just Koolaid sipping!

ROTFL!

I kinda have a feling that any well made spa, if the wheel is placed carefully and correctly, will support the rear tire of that truck.

Could be... nothing stopping any company from trying it out!

Could be... nothing stopping any company from trying it out!

It's just a little truck!!!! And yes you would have to jack it up and slide the shell under it. Or use a fork lift like we do!! We had one sitting on a 55 gallon drum the other day. 2 wheels were off the ground though.

It's just a little truck!!!! And yes you would have to jack it up and slide the shell under it. Or use a fork lift like we do!! We had one sitting on a 55 gallon drum the other day. 2 wheels were off the ground though.

Ah, well, everybody's a critic. :D

You're all welcome to criticize our truck picture, but who's got a better one? You don't like our little Toyota truck? Let's see what you can park on your spa shell.

Here's another one, not real, just for fun. The Hummer belongs to one of our IT guys. Hummer on spa shells (faked)

Have some fun. I look forward to seeing your photos.

IPB Image

A 60 foot oak tree that was 6' in diameter got blown down onto a 2 year old HotSpring Jetsetter. It landed dead-nuts center lengthwise on the spa. The owner called me and wanted an appraisal for his insurance company. He then called a friend of his to remove the tree and the spa. The friend asked if he could keep the spa and the owner said "Sure, it's ruined."

The new owner came and bought some Permalite, popped the shell back into place (it was cracked in two places above the water line), sealed it, reattached the Everwood panels to the frame, put the pump and heater back inside the cabinet, plugged it in and has been using it for the last 2 years. Total cost of repair:

$95

He recently sold it to someone else and they bought a new cover for it.

Built like a brick crapmonster!

Terminator

We tend to put the spa on the truck.

Sort of makes more sense to us, but that's just us...

B)

our new artic frontier was delievered today and setup.

Congratulations Steve.

Welcome to spatopia - may you soak long and prosper.

Let us know if we can help with taking care of your new family member - always glad to hear another relaxed family is 'in hot water.'

B)