AHHSOME-??

Do you need to use a defoamer after this foams before you drain?  On the ahhsome website it has a video of them using a defoamer. Not sure if its just for the video or not , but am seeing it in other videos being used.

I also have a 480 gallon tub, actually doing two since I will help my daughter do hers also. Her's is 470 gallons although it looks bigger than mine. I bought a water meter for the fill just to know for sure. I bought the single use packets of ahhsome. Didnt think about as i thought 4 cleanings. I now see it says up to 425 gallons. Will one packet be enough or not or should I buy a extra jar for another half teaspoon.I would rather keep the packets sealed as the reason i dont want to use 1 and a quarter of another and have it laying around open.

Do I need the spray cleaner also or will the film wipe off?

Anyone used a light electric power washer to rinse the tub down afterwords? I wouldnt think it would hurt any unless one used too sharp of a nozzle?

On edit- I bought the 4 pack of single use packets. I reread my post and thought I needed top clarify.

Edited by THE DUDE

On 2/15/2024 at 11:55 AM, waterbear said:

@Ahhsomeguy, care to jump in?

Hopefully he didnt fall in!

I just want to know so i can have it all on hand. io never heard about the defoamer until I seen the video linked on their site. I feel that ,maybe, but am not sure, if it was used just for filming purposes to show the scum line or not.

I attached a link to the video on their site below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY_tBzd4tTg

• 2 weeks later...

One sachet or single use Ahh-Some packet is really good for hot tubs up to 500 gallons.  After an effective purge you may still have residual Ahh-Some bio-cleaner lining the plumbing infrastructure and jets.  It could be just a hint of the product.  On the initial refill you may notice a slight amount of foaming once the jets are engaged.  This is normal and it will dissipate over the next day or so.  There is no need for de-foamer. The residual Ahh-Some will not affect you in any way.  Our Ahh-Some Spray Cleaner will certainly eliminate any films that may be attaching to the shell after a purge.  Ideally, you use it.  One bottle will last you for at least 3 years of purges.  However, it is not mandatory.  Rinse and wipe with a old cotton towel.  Thats all you really need to do.  Thank you for using our product.  It is truly an amazing formulation that is most effective in eliminating the nasties that ALL hot tubs and swim spas can have.

It worked ok but turned into a  S**t show. Between my daughter and I we are well stocked up as i ordered a extra 4 oz jar and another 4 packets and two bottles of cleaner.

She used a packet and part of another since it read up to 425 gallons. It foamed up over the top of the tub. Wound up running her dog to the vet  who started vomiting about two hours afterwords. Thought she may have gotten into the foam or the drainage that wound up on the ground as it had a blueish green tint to it.

Still not understanding why  the video found posted on the website they added defoamer BEFORE they drained and  wiped out the tub. That was my question, was it just for the video?

De-foamer is useful when a purge produces a prodigious amount of foaming.  An overdose of Ahh-Some will produce increased foam.  We show it in some videos as a way to help those hot tub owners who may have used too much product or for those who want to eliminate the foam just prior to draining.  Foaming does aid in producing an effective purge.  Biofilms are difficult to penetrate.  They have a slime layer that hides and protects the nucleus.  The foam, with the aid of pressure from water flow, helps to penetrate into the microscopic pores of biofilms.  We want foam, just not quite as much as you seemed to have.  When I purge my tub I simply spray the foam with my garden hose just prior to draining.  Ideally, you spray the area where draining occurs so the foam is eliminated.  Glad her dog is okay.  A high concentration of foam can upset a dog's stomach. Spray the foam next time with a hose.