MasterSpa 7.2TS - Model 5500 - Jet1 will not turn off

TJFDenver

IMG_7204.thumb.jpg.1c285378c793c33334cb431d05d1f487.jpgIMG_7205.thumb.jpg.9a4128ec7d90ebf573f64a0638116fa0.jpgIMG_7206.thumb.jpg.d963136ae4cba8319eed9672341e6747.jpgi have an issue very close to what's described on a separate thread ... https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26593-master-spa-will-not-shut-off/

I own a MasterSpa TS7.2 Model #5500 - 2 pump, 3 stages.

Several weeks ago, i noticed that the primary pump would stay on indefinitely.  i checked the filter interval (changed it to 15 minutes), i pulled the filters, i pulled the primary power to the spa (letting it sit disconnected for 3 days) ... when i re-engage power, it immediately starts up again with the primary pump enabled

other than that, it heats fine, circulates fine, etc.   just that the primary pump will not shut off.

i've had no power outages or surges (that i've know of) ... i've attached images of the control panel for the MasterSpa 7.2TS and the Balboa Controller (IDX 46076A)

can someone please show me how to reset this controlled board / memory?

Edited by TJFDenver
converted images to JPG

after trying both the heater reset and the circuit board reset (setting jumper 6 in the up position), recycling the spa ... etc ... I agree with the comments above ... bad relay ... which is death to a circuit board :(

at least I tried the least expensive option(s) first ... 

just an update ... i pulled the controller box ... brought it to an electronics store ... confirmed it was the relay to PUMP 2 that was not functioning (stuck open) ... he'll spend some time ordering the replacement relay and soldering the new relay on the board ... hopefully that'll be the cure ... i'll update this thread once the relay is replaced

• 2 weeks later...