Good Price On Sundance Chelsee

egbert

I am looking at a Sundance Chelsee and was wondering what a good price was for the unit. I have not tried to negotiate yet and just have an initial quote for it. The dealer has been in business for 10+ years and has their own service department. They are quoting about $7050 before taxes for the Chelsee which includes 250 mg ozone unit, steps, cover, lifter, chemicals, delivery and setup. Also, should I be using the 50 mg or the 250 mg ozone unit for this spa (365 US gal)?

I am looking at a Sundance Chelsee and was wondering what a good price was for the unit. I have not tried to negotiate yet and just have an initial quote for it. The dealer has been in business for 10+ years and has their own service department. They are quoting about $7050 before taxes for the Chelsee which includes 250 mg ozone unit, steps, cover, lifter, chemicals, delivery and setup. Also, should I be using the 50 mg or the 250 mg ozone unit for this spa (365 US gal)?

I wet tested a Chelsee about a month ago. Nice tub, but I personnally did not think it was deep enough. List price here in Wisconsin was 6700.00, same setup as you mentioned. I actually just purchased a Caldera Niagara, which fit our needs a little better. Good luck with you decision.

• 3 months later...

Sundance Chelsee ...They are quoting about $7050 before taxes for the Chelsee which includes 250 mg ozone unit, steps, cover, lifter, chemicals, delivery and setup.

I wet tested a Chelsee about a month ago. Nice tub, but I personnally did not think it was deep enough. List price here in Wisconsin was 6700.00, same setup as you mentioned.

Wow. I went to a dealer who indicated the list price for a Sundance Chelsee was $10,995 but could give me a "today-only, one-time-special" price of $8995.

I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes the Saturn car company price model - everyone gets the same price. The dealer gets a fair profit and the consumer gets a gets a competitively priced car. Not to open up the "big-warehouse-club" debate again, but everyone pays the same price for a tub purchased from them.

Ken

Wow. I went to a dealer who indicated the list price for a Sundance Chelsee was $10,995 but could give me a "today-only, one-time-special" price of $8995.

I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes the Saturn car company price model - everyone gets the same price. The dealer gets a fair profit and the consumer gets a gets a competitively priced car. Not to open up the "big-warehouse-club" debate again, but everyone pays the same price for a tub purchased from them.

Ken

I see your point. I look at it this way. look at what you get when you all pay the same :huh:

Scion does that too. Apparently, the "younger" generations aren't into haggling. The plethora of data available on the internet is slowly making price information more available to everyone, making haggling unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised if "no haggle" soon becomes a thing of the past, for hot tubs and cars as well.

I just bought a Sundance Certa with stereo, lift, chem., delivery for 7000 + tax.

I really liked the tub...it has great seating + a lounger, good warrenty....

for me and the wife,...its not to large - not to small and great features

liked it even more after I got the price..

We have a great dealer and store

http://sundancespas.com/700Series/Certa.php

Sdr_27

I just bought a Sundance Certa with stereo, lift, chem., delivery for 7000 + tax.

I really liked the tub...it has great seating + a lounger, good warrenty....

for me and the wife,...its not to large - not to small and great features

liked it even more after I got the price..

We have a great dealer and store

http://sundancespas.com/700Series/Certa.php

/ Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Hot Tubbin'

/ Please keep involved in the forum and, if it's possible, post some pictures once your tub's installed...

Being a former sales person of Sundance I would say a decent price on the Chelsee is about 6999.

Ken

Buyers are Liars...everyone is always so worried about getting a better deal then anyone else dealers mark the prices up just to mark them down so you can feel like your getting a good deal because of that "One in the warehouse" they have left because a customer "changed order" ect. Customers will not allow a no haggle way of approaching spas because unless they feel they are paying less then the guy before them they don't want to buy it. Buying from the one price companies is because when I sell the cheapest thing I can sell it for one price.

Please understand you get what you payfor, did you buy the cheapest tv, car, watch, wedding ring? I am working a fair for d1 right now and the Cal Spa booth across from me has a banner promising the lowest price. Funny thing is I am loving that banner because to the higher class customer I am going after, that banner alone keeps them out of that booth because I don't care if its a spa or an iron you get what you pay for.

Cheap is seldom good and good is seldom cheap.

as far as the ozone unit for sundance the lesser ozone is better, sundance has had a big problem with ozones ruining control boards because it admits too much microwaves and because sundance like every tubs ozone only works with cover on the bigger ozone DESTROYS the pillows very quickly and Sundance is extremely proud of their pillows probably making them retail 45 dollars and needing replacement every 2 years.

thanks for the info.

Tub should be here at the end of the month....wooooohoooo..... :P:D

Just in time for hockey season.

dealer says that if I use treated water (out of the hose) the start up is pretty easy,,,just have to hold the water quality level..

and he will help out with anything I need..,.

I think I will forgo the ozone and use whatever does not kill me or land me at the derm. office...LOL

Sdr_27

:ph34r:

I was quoted $8500 for the Chelsee. This included spa, cover, covermate II lifter, ozinator, steps, GFI box, setup, delivery, and tax (8%). I am reading a good price, or at least others quotes are running, at just over $7k. I have also been qouted $8200 (same setup as the Chelsee) for the Tiger River Capsian. I like both tubs but I think the Tiger River would be less than $300 from the Chelsee. I am also looking at Caldera spa's. I am getting a deal a $8500 out the door with everything included on the Chelsee, or should I keep negotiating or looking? Appreciate the help.

I was quoted $8500 for the Chelsee. This included spa, cover, covermate II lifter, ozinator, steps, GFI box, setup, delivery, and tax (8%). I am reading a good price, or at least others quotes are running, at just over $7k. I have also been qouted $8200 (same setup as the Chelsee) for the Tiger River Capsian. I like both tubs but I think the Tiger River would be less than $300 from the Chelsee. I am also looking at Caldera spa's. I am getting a deal a $8500 out the door with everything included on the Chelsee, or should I keep negotiating or looking? Appreciate the help.

My qoute last week on a Chelsee was $7,800 with everything but tax and GFI, so at 8% you are right there in regards to price. However I agree that both of our dealers seem to be on the higher side of the market in regards to the qoutes we received. Cannot comment on Tiger River, but we did wet test a Caldera Geneva and were qouted at $8,500 which included everything except tax. The Geneva is top of the line for Caldera, and we thought it was a great tub, going back to re-wet test it tomorrow. The Geneva is bigger, deeper has all the bells and whistles and is Caldera's top tier tub while the Chelsee is in Sundance's mid-tier of tubs and is missing quite a few of the options that come standard on the Geneva. If you are anti lounger, the Niagara is Caldera's top of the line no lounger tub and can be had for the same money (at least from my dealer).

Also, whatever you do here, wet test everything....twice! It makes a huge difference.

Good Luck

My qoute last week on a Chelsee was $7,800 with everything but tax and GFI, so at 8% you are right there in regards to price. However I agree that both of our dealers seem to be on the higher side of the market in regards to the qoutes we received. Cannot comment on Tiger River, but we did wet test a Caldera Geneva and were qouted at $8,500 which included everything except tax. The Geneva is top of the line for Caldera, and we thought it was a great tub, going back to re-wet test it tomorrow. The Geneva is bigger, deeper has all the bells and whistles and is Caldera's top tier tub while the Chelsee is in Sundance's mid-tier of tubs and is missing quite a few of the options that come standard on the Geneva. If you are anti lounger, the Niagara is Caldera's top of the line no lounger tub and can be had for the same money (at least from my dealer).

Also, whatever you do here, wet test everything....twice! It makes a huge difference.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. I have not looked at the Caldera Geneva or Niagria but will today. Interesting on my part is that the Sundance dealer and Tiger River are the same, just different store locations. Again, from everything I have been able to read and research, Sundance, Hot Springs, and Caldera are all pretty good lines. I guess it really does come down to personal feel of the tub and price, as quality seems to be the same. Let me know how the wet test goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn! well if it helps someone else, I paid $8200 (before tax) for my Chelsee in early July. (This post only had the initial price entry at that time) - seems high now. My setup was the same as above- except includes chemcials (though I assume everyone does). I thought it was high at the time, but there were no other dealers in the area to compare to shop against. We saw the same $300 difference for the Tiger River Caspian as well (same dealer) and considered it, but did not wet test it and ended up going with the Chelsee.

Interestingly, from the web we initially went looking for the Hot Springs Vanguard (also same dealer) - but eliminated it as soon as we saw it in person. Between the filter and the extra-large (un-jetted) cool-down seat, one full side is lost on the Vanguard. I'm surprised I didn't see that brought up anywhere else.

Anyway - dealer has been great at least, and we're definitely using the tub!

• 6 months later...

I just got a Chelsee, 08 floor model, for $6800 pre-tax. This included the basic cover lifter, chemicals, but no steps. The Chelsee comes with a fountain and lighting standard, so thats nice. Haven't received it yet, so we'll see here in a couple weeks, but I think it was a fair price.

I would say about $4500

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a Chelsee, 08 floor model, for $6800 pre-tax. This included the basic cover lifter, chemicals, but no steps. The Chelsee comes with a fountain and lighting standard, so thats nice. Haven't received it yet, so we'll see here in a couple weeks, but I think it was a fair price.

Was quoted yesterday for Chelsee 07 leftover - $7600 out the door (+ tax).

Hydrolic lifter, cover, steps, starter chems, and a couple of ducks.

They will throw in the ozonator.

Quoted us $8200 for an 08 model.

Told us there were no changes to the new model.

So we're leaning toward the 07.

I'm in SE PA. What do you think? Is this a fair price?