Bullfrog Spas

spa rookie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spa Rookie,

The jet pack idea is an interesting one and Bullfrog has a following of satisfied customers. Here is how it works: the jet packs go into the same space that the others are taken out of. They are all contoured the exact same way. If the seat fits you then you are set because every seat they have in every spa will fit you. If it doesnt then every seat in every spa wont work for you. The jet packs dont adjust the contours of the spa or the hieght of the seats they only change where the jets hit you in any particular seat. If you ask around i think most people will verify what I am telling you here. Wet test! It might be good for both of you but it might not be. The jet pack will not make the difference however.

Spa Rookie,

The jet pack idea is an interesting one and Bullfrog has a following of satisfied customers. Here is how it works: the jet packs go into the same space that the others are taken out of. They are all contoured the exact same way. If the seat fits you then you are set because every seat they have in every spa will fit you. If it doesnt then every seat in every spa wont work for you. The jet packs dont adjust the contours of the spa or the hieght of the seats they only change where the jets hit you in any particular seat. If you ask around i think most people will verify what I am telling you here. Wet test! It might be good for both of you but it might not be. The jet pack will not make the difference however.

and that is in fact the down side to the jet packs....no varied seats heights....the jets packs do work in all the seats because they are all the same depth...but not every user is the same height ....

This was one brand i looked at myself as well. When shopping around i brought a licensed plumber with me (luckily, my father) to help in deciding factors. The bullfrog spa is well built in that respect and easy to repair should there be a leak, but there is one downfall to the design. The way the single tub runs around the tub, you end up with more pressure coming out of packs closest to the pump and less pressure in those seats further away from the pumps location. In a smaller spa, this difference would be minimal. The larger the spa, the more difference you will notice in this respect. If you wet test in a larger spa, try running it with all jets on and you'll see what i mean (just check that the salesperson does not put a pack with a slower flow rate in the seats closest to the pump to make it "appear" that all the jets are running equally, have them balanced out with similar seats close and far away). Overall though, i like the concept of the spa myself, just not suited best for our needs.

Does anyone know anything about the Spa manufacturer - Bullfrog? www.bullfrogspas.com

They have these removable jetpaks so you can customize the massage to the seat you want it in. Again, with the height difference between me and my fiance perhaps this is the perfect solution?

Thanks all for any input-

I think it's a novel idea but an average spa. All the seats are the same level, the jetpacks are expensive to replace and I doubt that very many people will be going out and getting new ones down the line to upgrade. What you start with is probably what you'll stick with.

I think it's a novel idea but an average spa. All the seats are the same level, the jetpacks are expensive to replace and I doubt that very many people will be going out and getting new ones down the line to upgrade. What you start with is probably what you'll stick with.

I have found it very economical to upgrade my spa/jet pack about $300 a pack.

My dealer has allowed us try before we buy. He also has provided a list of bullfrog customers that I have borrowed and switched jet paks for a period of time.

Once again I have found my dealer and spa to be great!

I understand that there a lots of different spas,Bullfrog has meet my families needs and exceeded our expectations.

There is a BIG difference between an upgrade and a replacement. All of my jet paks are covered under a life time warrantee.

And I feel confident that the deal is honest and will stand behind the product.

But unlike your static jets in the spas you sell and service; I am able to change mine as my body gets older.

$300 dollars compared to buying a whole new spa!

I am glad spatech is not my dealer... what a bone head know it all!

But unlike your static jets in the spas you sell and service; I am able to change mine as my body gets older.

Wow, I'm not sure what I said to upset you besides giving my opinion. Who buys a new spa because the jets need upgrading? My spa is 6½ yrs old and I could get a new one at a good price but see no reason to. There is also no reason for me to change my jets and I know that people won't be paying $300 for new jetpacks as some kind of upgrade unless they have a problem with them but that isn't somethingI see. I'm not against Bullfrog, I just see the jetpack idea as a good Marketing approach don't see any added value to the customer long term. There are spas out there that I think are poor choices but I am NOT saying Bullfrog is a bad spa so please don't act like I'm trying to defame them.

There is a BIG difference between an upgrade and a replacement. All of my jet paks are covered under a life time warrantee.

And I feel confident that the deal is honest and will stand behind the product.

A couple of questions:

Can you please define lifetime (most states define it as 7 years)

What do you mean as your body gets older, how does this somehow relates to changing jets, most spas offer interchangeable jets for much less than $300.00.

What about the lack of varied seating depth in the Bullfrog spa, this for many people is extremely limiting.

We looked at Bullfrog when shopping around.

It seemed to me that it is a semi customizable tub but I would probably not be buying new jet packs after the initial purchase.

The way I looked at it there were jet packs that I liked the jet placement and jet packs I did not like. So if I had ordered it I would have gotten packs that felt good in the wet test to replace packs that just didn't do it for me.

This is different than replacing a jet in other tubs. For example the tub I eventually purchased I did not like the jet with one port that rotated. I did however like the Gatling gun style jet that had many openings and a rotating inner port. So I got more of the Gatling gun type jet. I was not able to easily change the position in the tub that the Gatling gun jet was placed (without a more expensive custom design.) This was a better trade off in my mind. Luckily I like the different jet placement patterns in our tub so that was not an issue.

One thing that has been pointed out that I think is a very valid point is that the jet packs are all the same height. One of the nice things about most tubs is the different seating heights that allow you to sit higher or lower as you desire without slumping or sitting on your feet. In order to make the Jet packs interchangeable the Bullfrog is all one height. Wet test and see if this matters to you.

There was also a great deal of talk on message boards about water not circulating well inside the Bullfrog jet packs and thus not getting filtered and sanitized. I did not spend enough time looking at the brand to know if this was bs brand bashing or not. My guess it that is was a non issue.

Bullfrog seemed like an interesting tub just not exactly what we wanted.

Rika

A couple of questions:

What do you mean as your body gets older, how does this somehow relates to changing jets, most spas offer interchangeable jets for much less than $300.00.

What about the lack of varied seating depth in the Bullfrog spa, this for many people is extremely limiting.

A couple of questions:

I am now 50 years old and I have a lot of pains that I did not have when I was 30.

My body is older! And we ski a lot in the winter.

I have gotten to try a few of the Bullfrog new Jet packs that are targeted at the neck area, the last one was not available when I first purchased my spa. I liked the minineck blaster I think that is what it is called.

The Jet pak has a life time warrantee against leaking.

At 6'-1'', I do not have to do anyting but sit down or use the lounge seat. This spa is great for me!

With hundreds of different manufactures I am sure you will find what is best for you.

I like the Bullfrog.

Probably what I like the best is the dealer. He seems to try and keep me happy with new product information and services.

I am now 50 years old and I have a lot of pains that I did not have when I was 30.

I have gotten to try a few of the Bullfrog new Jet packs that are targeted at the neck area, the last one was not available when I first purchased my spa. I liked the minineck blaster I think that is what it is called.

At 6'-1'', I do not have to do anyting but sit down or use the lounge seat. This spa is great for me!

With hundreds of different manufactures I am sure you will find what is best for you.

I like the Bullfrog.

Probably what I like the best is the dealer. He seems to try and keep me happy with new product information and services.

I very much appreciate that you have found the right spa for you. I think what most here have said is that the Bullfrog is a nice spa and that the jets packs while being unique may in the long run offer minimal practical benefits compared to more traditional spas. As with most things in life there are give and takes the ability to change the packs at the cost of no varied seating depths. If it is only you in the spa than it is of little importance, but if you have people of varying heights than for some this can be less enjoyable. Enjoy your spa, may it give years of hot and happy soaks.

I very much appreciate that you have found the right spa for you. I think what most here have said is that the Bullfrog is a nice spa and that the jets packs while being unique may in the long run offer minimal practical benefits compared to more traditional spas. As with most things in life there are give and takes the ability to change the packs at the cost of no varied seating depths. If it is only you in the spa than it is of little importance, but if you have people of varying heights than for some this can be less enjoyable. Enjoy your spa, may it give years of hot and happy soaks.

You asked for opions on the hot tub and Spatech gave you his. And from what I read, the Bullfrog is an everage spa and some look at the replacable jet packs as "gimmicky". Others, not. Spatech is not a bonehead. You strike me as someone who gets upset if they tell you something you don't want to hear.

I've heard reports of the water getting trapped behind the jet packs and getting stagnent and pretty gross if you do not routinley clean behind them. Others have reported that they bought the Bullfrog because they too liked the idea of being able to switch out the packs. After several years, they report that they never did.

All in all, It seems the bullfrog is a decent spa. You could do better. You could do worse.

As with any purchase, I would look around and wet test as many different spas as possible before picking. Good luck.

You asked for opions on the hot tub and Spatech gave you his. And from what I read, the Bullfrog is an everage spa and some look at the replacable jet packs as "gimmicky". Others, not. Spatech is not a bonehead. You strike me as someone who gets upset if they tell you something you don't want to hear.

I've heard reports of the water getting trapped behind the jet packs and getting stagnent and pretty gross if you do not routinley clean behind them. Others have reported that they bought the Bullfrog because they too liked the idea of being able to switch out the packs. After several years, they report that they never did.

All in all, It seems the bullfrog is a decent spa. You could do better. You could do worse.

As with any purchase, I would look around and wet test as many different spas as possible before picking. Good luck.

I think the way this board works you included mine response in your quote, I was actually in agreement with Spa tech and with you also about the Bullfrog. But I will add that Spa Tech can sometimes be a "Bonehead" but in a good sorta way..... :P

I think the way this board works you included mine response in your quote, I was actually in agreement with Spa tech and with you also about the Bullfrog. But I will add that Spa Tech can sometimes be a "Bonehead" but in a good sorta way..... :P

My wife has weighed in on this and thinks none of you are qualified to call me a bonehead. She hasn't commented on whether on not she feels you're accurate.

You're correct Stallion. I did not intend to direct my response to you, but rather to Warm 02. I'm stil learning the nuances of this board. Sorry if I offended you.

I was taken aback by Warm 02 calling Spatech a bone head. I am familliar with Spatech and has read many of his postings on this, and other boards. If he's a bonehead, it's in a good way.

I like the Bullfrog.

My wife is 4 foot 10 inches will she fit if not this may be the tub for me too! lol B)

My wife is 5'8'' and all is fine!

I am sure that your hot tub is one size fits all and I am sorry that you did not grow up!

Warm02

why don't you grow up and than get lost. Your way out of line and do not belong here. So many men get tough on line are genuine pu$$%* out on the street. So get lost and go stick your head into a saucer of cream. A$$ H*le.

Warm02

why don't you grow up and than get lost. Your way out of line and do not belong here. So many men get tough on line are genuine pu$$%* out on the street. So get lost and go stick your head into a saucer of cream. A$$ H*le.

Boys play nice, it is ok for someone to like a particular brand and another to think it is crap. That's why we love this country.