LIM OK / HTR ON Light not on

Kbigs

Hi All,

I have a 2006 Calder Spa Kauai and having an issue where it’s not heating up and I have 4 dashes flashing on the display board. Also the LIM OK and HTR ON lights are not on at all. 

I also see the D9 light blinking on the heater relay board and D17 solid red light on the main circuit board. 

I’m receiving the right amount of voltage and everything is hooked up correctly. Does anyone know if this means if either my heater relay board or main circuit board are bad?

You should see a steady stream of champaign bubbles arcing up from the heat return. Larger bubbles that only shoot out a few inches is low flow, which could be a bad pump. They will get very hot to the touch under these circumstances.

I always recommend replacing sensors in pairs, not one at a time.

• Like 1

The four dashes just indicate an error. The fact that the "lim ok" light is not on says it's either a faulty sensor or a flow issue. Couple that with no flow from the return and you have a pump problem, either an air lock or a faulty pump most likely. Test voltage to the circ pump.

• 9 months later...