Failed GFI test help

I just had my American Whirlpool 471 spa moved to my new home. The electrician came and wired everything. Now my spa is failing the GFI test and displaying error code 36. I had a second electrician take a look and he verified everything was wired correctly. I had a spa service technician take a look at it. He essentially shrugged his shoulders said he didn’t now and left. Any thoughts or recommendations is besides finding another spa company?

Some spas (and I think this one does, OP can confirm) have a test where the spa initiates a ground fault to confirm the GFCI operation.  The expected response is the GFCI trips, the installer resets the power, and all is good after that.  If the GFCI does not trip, the spa goes into a fault mode, until it is able to pass this gfci fault test.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, Flytmedicrob said:

That is correct. The spa initiates the test. 

Ok. Check your ground. The only thing the control system could possibly do to trip it is short to ground. If your ground is not good, your test fails. Check voltage from hot to neutral then hot to ground. They should be exactly the same. 

• 1 year later...

Haye to open an old post but I'm having same problem. Did you ever get it figured out? I'm 4 wire all connected as should be per specs. Spa tries self test fails. I have to manually shut off 60 amp breaker and turn on. Push yellow test buyyon on breaker and it trips as should. I was told as long as breaker in box trips as should don't worry about it but it's becoming a pain to ho out and manually trip breaker and turn on to get spa to function properly