Spa noob with leaking pump

parcelsisters

The pump seal has failed. You can either But a new pump(expensive) Rebuild the pump yourself or bring it to a local shop and have them rebuild it. To rebuild it yourself you will need a seal kit and a new impeller. Post photos of the white tag on the top of the motor and we can tell you what parts you need. 

If you keep the spa running there is a good chance that water will get sucked into the motor and short it out. 

18 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

The pump seal has failed. You can either But a new pump(expensive) Rebuild the pump yourself or bring it to a local shop and have them rebuild it. To rebuild it yourself you will need a seal kit and a new impeller. Post photos of the white tag on the top of the motor and we can tell you what parts you need. 

If you keep the spa running there is a good chance that water will get sucked into the motor and short it out. 

I've turned the circuit breaker off because the water was just going everywhere.
Here is the old label as well as the label and model number for a new pump that I had already bought. It's not identical, but I hope it can be used as a replacement. I'd love to learn how to do this myself, but I'm due to have a baby next Tuesday and juggling 5,000 things in preparation. Do I have to drain the tub to disconnect the pump? 

gecko_old.jpg

gecko_new.JPG

4 hours ago, Cusser said:

I have a 33 year old spa.  I had a leaky pump seal once, and bought a repair kit and fixed it myself, maybe 20 years ago.  Wasn't rocket science.  Be sure to clean up the motor shaft where it goes through the new seal, must be smooth and round.

That's encouraging to hear! 
The shaft on mine looks rusted. I wonder if that's no good or if it can still be used...

Ths XP@ is a 230V pump and the Amazon pump is 120V not ideal. Often spas have gate or slice valves to shut the water off so you can swap out a pump without draining water. 

Seal Kit: https://www.eztestpools.com/u-s-seal-ps-200-pump-seal-assembly-ps200/

Impeller: https://www.eztestpools.com/aqua-flo-xp2-2-5-hp-spa-pump-impeller-91694251/

Replacement pump complete:  https://spapartsdepot.com/replacement-for-caldera-spas-relia-flo-pump-2-5hp-230v-2-spd-2-48-fr/