Heat temperature displaying wrong temp.

Droopy

I have a Beachcomber 578, built in 2004. 

It has been disconnected for three years. We just hooked it back up. Only part we had to change so far has been a few rubber seals and the heating coil.

Opened the lid after 24 hours and it showed OH. I took the water temp and it was 118. Opened the lid and let it cool down.

Went to check it yesterday and the temperature showed 100 degrees (where I had it set) and everything was running fine but when I checked the temperature it was 112 degrees. 

Does anyone know if this is a sensor issue and if it is which one should I change. 

If the pumps and spa pack are under the step and outside of the hot tub the temp probe on those go from the spa pack to a holder on the front wall of the spa.  The probe slides into the holder and gets pushed forward until it reaches the front of the holder. The front of the holder goes through to the sidewall of the spa into bather area and touches the water. The sensor must be pushed all the way in so it touches the front part of the holder that is touching the water. If not all the way in it won't detect the proper temp. Once the sensor is pushed in make sure the back part of the holder is covered so it doesn't get cool outside air on it. Give that a check and please let us know results.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 8:11 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

If the pumps and spa pack are under the step and outside of the hot tub the temp probe on those go from the spa pack to a holder on the front wall of the spa.  The probe slides into the holder and gets pushed forward until it reaches the front of the holder. The front of the holder goes through to the sidewall of the spa into bather area and touches the water. The sensor must be pushed all the way in so it touches the front part of the holder that is touching the water. If not all the way in it won't detect the proper temp. Once the sensor is pushed in make sure the back part of the holder is covered so it doesn't get cool outside air on it. Give that a check and please let us know results.

This was the issue. Thank you very much. I had the motor disconnected while I tipped the tub up to repair a broken hose. I guess when I put it all back together again I did not push this in all the way. 

Thank again 

• Thanks 1