Removing air from heater line? Caldera Geneva.

JoshF

I have a much older Caldera Geneva and quite some time ago after my wife drained and filled, I noticed bubbles coming out of the heater line. I can hear it in the line and if it was just annoying that would be fine but ever few days it kicks the watchdog and I come out to find a the flashing dashes. I've burped from the pumps and even drained & refilled but its still there.

Any thoughts on the best way to purge the heater line of air?

Well, I need more details. Older than what by how much? Did you fill through the filter well? Post a pic of your equipment area.

Remove your filters. 

3 hours ago, JoshF said:

bubbles coming out of the heater line.

Unless it's the oldest Caldera I have ever heard of, it's supposed to have a tiny bubbles streaming from the heat return. These are from the ozone injection. If they are large, individual bubbles then you have a flow issue, such as clogged filters or a failing circulation pump or pressure switch.

Do you have a multimeter?

3 hours ago, JoshF said:

hear it in the line

Are you sure of what you are hearing? A failing circulation pump can cause a vibration and slushy sound.