1996 hot springs hot tub bleed lines

ryans121

The main water valve fitting cracked and I have to replace it. I noticed there are two 1/4" lines going off from the 3/4" tubing. One goes to a drain and one to the jets pump. I can't find this part, and have tried making my own but it leaks. I am wondering if I can cap the 1/4" lines and only put back 3/4" line. 

Thanks20200912_191823.thumb.jpg.67459e8b38be5f0f31dc38f30ceeebc5.jpg

5 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Are the 1/4" lines coming off the black part seen through the hole? The black part looks like a mazzi injector for ozone system

The 1/4 lines are underneath the equipment compartment. It's not part of the ozone system as I already capped that off

32 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Post a pic of the fitting.

Here is the fitting I'm talking about. I circled it. The pic I showed earlier is underneath that fitting, with insulation removed. 

There are two 1/4 lines coming off the 3/4 piping underneath. One goes to the drain and the other goes to the main jets pump. You can see the 1/4 bleed line going underneath from the "K" pump

chrome_qHkykB8a2R.png

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

That's a drawing of the fitting, and does not help me find it for you. Post a pic of the fitting.

I don't have a picture unfortunately It was cracked and I sawed it off and threw it out. What the fitting was:

3/4 pvc slip elbow with 1/4" barbs coming off either side. So it's like a 4 way tee but 3/4" slip x 3/4" slip x 1/4" barb x 1/4" barb

I attached a visual here... the black lines represent the 1/4 barbs

mspaint_hukR33Xn8W.png

Keep in mind this is underneath the 3/4" barb inside the equipment compartment. The 3/4 barb would attach to this 3/4 pvc elbow

24 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I did try that with these https://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=30598 and used regular pvc cement as instructed but my vinyl tubes were too tight and they became lose and leaked... 

I was going to use this and connect the 1/4 to the pump and just cap the drain bleedline

72726-300.png

16 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Use a 2 part epoxy like Devcon plastic weld or Devcon 5 minute epoxy and it will outlast the dinosaurs. You can also use it to plug the open end.

Ok thanks. I actually had devcon 5 minute epoxy on hand so I took out the leaking barb and lathered it on. Hopefully it doesn't leak anymore, will test tomorrow. 

20201003_152934.jpg