Hot Tub Overheating

Today I went out and reset the breaker and tried the pump and it all seems to be working fine now? tried it multiple times today and it all seems to be good! I can't thank you guys enough for the help! 

Saved me a lot of money and headaches and I can't thank you enough! 

Ill be sure to pay it forward! 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys! 

Back again in search of some assistance! 

Everything has been going good with the tub since the last time you guys helped me but I have ran into some new issues.

The tub will not stop popping the breaker at the panel box. I have checked all my connections and everything as far as wiring is good. The breaker is overheating and popping. 

I started by disconnecting and trying each source and trying them individually to see if I could find the trouble spot

I.E disconnected the blower then reconnecting and trying the ozonator and so on...

Nothing has been done or changed with the tub so I don't know what direction to go now... 

Thanks in advance! 

hahaha yes I'm back... 😪

I did disconnect heater and the same thing happened, also disconnected ozonator and same thing happened.I went through everything disconnecting them one by one and I couldn't find anything to cause the breaker to trip. 

The tub will PR and I can run everything for approximately 4-5 min before the breaker will trip. Everything functions as it should until it trips. 

Note: the breaker in panel box is only 2 months old and never tripped before this. 

Again thanks for the continued help through my spa hell. 

Yes. The timing suggests it might be ozonator related. I would also recommend you check all power wire terminals on the breaker and board for discolored wires and loose connections.

If that does not clear it up, disconnect the ground wire at the spa and try it out. Be aware that this could lead to a shock hazard, so don't go touching the water or anything else while you try it. This will tell us if it is a ground fault or a heat/ amp issue.

Also, the fact that the breaker is fairly new does not mean it is not bad. Happens all the time. GFCI breakers are very sensitive and have low tolerances, and QC checks maybe 1% of production. But we aren't there yet.

Okay guys I followed your advice! but discovered something new. 

Turns out the ozonator was plugged into the Circ pump location and the circ pump was plugged into the ozonator. The previous owner must have labeled lines wrong as I followed each one back and discovered this. 

Everything was running as it should before this so I don't understand how it worked from the start? 

I properly hooked everything up and now the ozonator and circ pump aren't working and its just overheating because of this.

Would it be possible this damaged my spa pack?