Bulge In Fiberglass Pool From No Water!

SeattleCurt

Buying house and pool was emptied so now there is a bulge from where the dirt behind the wall must be collapsing a bit.

There is cement around the edges, so I don't want to have to break that up if I can help it.

What are my options?

Cut fiberglass and fix dirt behind it and wall it in better and then patch cut fiberglass back in?

Dig behind cement and under it so I don't have to break it which would take forever.

Thanks for any advice!!

Curt from Seattle washington

Not a lot you really can do without removing the decking. In order to straighten the walls, the deck would have to go, the old back fill removed, pressure to the inside of the pool walls applied if the bowing doesn't go away when the old back fill is removed.

Then a proper back fill pool fill process is needed and new decking poured.

Your only other option is to live with the bowing walls and get water in there post haste.

Scott

• 4 months later...

I'm with Scott. These are like a boat hull turned inside out - you can't really cut and re-patch the fiberglass with any confidence from just the outside (or inside in our case). You'd need to get behind it to reinforce the patch and even then I wouldn't trust it.

Lucky the water table is low where you live. If I did that my pool would float out of the ground and take the plumbing and pool deck with it.