Help in Selecting Spa

ClayC

Help! I have checked out several spas already and have kind of a figured out what I’m looking for. So with so many manufactures and similar spas, I thought the best way to find out the best spa for the value (most bang for the buck) is to ask you my fellow consumer’s and or dealers what spas I should be considering. I do have some specs. For the spa to consider they are:

• Holds at least 5 persons

• Have an independent circulation pump for filtering and heating

• Automatic Clean-Up Cycle

• Top loading filter

• Corona Discharge Ozonator

• Drain

• Synthetic wood cabinet (no maintenance) preferably grey

• Totally insulated hot tube (not just full foamed)

• Low monthly operating cost (around 15-20 dollars a month)

• Somewhat Quiet operation

• Jets that target all body areas, such as lower back, neck and feet

• Adjustable, customizable and possibly interchangeable water jets

• At least 3/16” thick Acrylic shell bonded to fiberglass backing

• A Nice Strong Water Flow Rating (high gallon per minute rating)

• Lounge Seat

• Marine Vinyl Cover (well insulated)

• A Good Reputation Backed by a Good Full Warrantee

• At A Great Price (the lower the better)

If you have any prices, packages, literature, links, pictures or advice please post or at least email me.

Thanks……..

Here you go, my friend:

HotSpring Sovereign

HotSpring Envoy

HotSpring Vista

Everything on your list except the fiberglass backing. HotSpring uses ABS backing. This will eliminate any problems that can occur with 1970's technology (fiberglass) such as bubbling, warping, and delamination. Any of those 3 spas are the finest in the world in their class with the Sovereign arguably being the best selling spa of all time. The prices should run between $7,500-$11,000 depending on your location. Wet test them to find out which is best for you and your family. Good luck in your search!

Terminator

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT DIMENSION ONE SPAS? THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND THEN SOME! A FEW THINGS THEY HAVE EXTRA ARE ADJUSTABLE NECK JET, FULL BODY DYNAMIC SEQUENCER AND A GREAT WARRANTY! CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE TO SEE ALL THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS YOU CAN GET. FOR A 5 PERSON HOT TUB THEY CAN RANGE IN PRICE FROM $6,999-$11,000. THEY ONLY RUN AT ABOUT $15 A MONTH TO OPERATE! AGAIN JUST CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AND REMEMBER TO WET TEST BEFORE PURCHASING ANY TUB!

Help! I have checked out several spas already and have kind of a figured out what I’m looking for. So with so many manufactures and similar spas, I thought the best way to find out the best spa for the value (most bang for the buck) is to ask you my fellow consumer’s and or dealers what spas I should be considering. I do have some specs. For the spa to consider they are:

• Holds at least 5 persons

• Have an independent circulation pump for filtering and heating

• Automatic Clean-Up Cycle

• Top loading filter

• Corona Discharge Ozonator

• Drain

• Synthetic wood cabinet (no maintenance) preferably grey

• Totally insulated hot tube (not just full foamed)

• Low monthly operating cost (around 15-20 dollars a month)

• Somewhat Quiet operation

• Jets that target all body areas, such as lower back, neck and feet

• Adjustable, customizable and possibly interchangeable water jets

• At least 3/16” thick Acrylic shell bonded to fiberglass backing

• A Nice Strong Water Flow Rating (high gallon per minute rating)

• Lounge Seat

• Marine Vinyl Cover (well insulated)

• A Good Reputation Backed by a Good Full Warrantee

• At A Great Price (the lower the better)

If you have any prices, packages, literature, links, pictures or advice please post or at least email me.

Thanks……..

The first two answers are correct.. There are five spas worth buying, and the choice is a very individual one. Always try them first!!!!!!!!!!!! In random order, Hot Springs, Demension 1, Jacuzzi Premium, Bullfrog, and Sundance. (Bull frog is unique in several regards, but does not currently offer a 24 hr. circ pump. You will only screw yourself with the "lower the better" approach.

Lew Akins

The first two answers are correct.. There are five spas worth buying, and the choice is a very individual one. Always try them first!!!!!!!!!!!! In random order, Hot Springs, Demension 1, Jacuzzi Premium, Bullfrog, and Sundance. (Bull frog is unique in several regards, but does not currently offer a 24 hr. circ pump. You will only screw yourself with the "lower the better" approach.

Lew Akins www.lewakins.com

I just don't want to spend the 7 or 8 grand and find out I could have gotten the same unit for 5 under a different name. I understand you get what you pay for... I just don't want to pay out ths bazoo for the name.

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT DIMENSION ONE SPAS? THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND THEN SOME! A FEW THINGS THEY HAVE EXTRA ARE ADJUSTABLE NECK JET, FULL BODY DYNAMIC SEQUENCER AND A GREAT WARRANTY! CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE TO SEE ALL THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS YOU CAN GET. FOR A 5 PERSON HOT TUB THEY CAN RANGE IN PRICE FROM $6,999-$11,000. THEY ONLY RUN AT ABOUT $15 A MONTH TO OPERATE! AGAIN JUST CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AND REMEMBER TO WET TEST BEFORE PURCHASING ANY TUB!

Isn't D1 a UV ozone system? (The person specified CD Ozone)

There are five spas worth buying, and the choice is a very individual one. Always try them first!!!!!!!!!!!! In random order, Hot Springs, Demension 1, Jacuzzi Premium, Bullfrog, and Sundance. (Bull frog is unique in several regards, but does not currently offer a 24 hr. circ pump. You will only screw yourself with the "lower the better" approach.

Lew Akins www.lewakins.com

ONLY 5 spas worth looking at and those are them? LOL, maybe you should throw an IMO in that statement and make it more of what it is, an opinion. Here is how I would put it if I had wanted to give my opinion as to what my top 5 were:

"There are many good spas out there and everyone has their favorites but IMO the top 5 are Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, Caldera and D1." Jacuzzi would make my top 10 and Bullforg my top 20 but neither in my top 5 but then again, this is MY list. ;)

ONLY 5 spas worth looking at and those are them? LOL, maybe you should throw an IMO in that statement and make it more of what it is, an opinion. Here is how I would put it if I had wanted to give my opinion as to what my top 5 were:

"There are many good spas out there and everyone has their favorites but IMO the top 5 are Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, Caldera and D1." Jacuzzi would make my top 10 and Bullforg my top 20 but neither in my top 5 but then again, this is MY list. ;)

I just want people's honest opinions. I appreciate your honesty and it does not matter if eveybody elses opinion does not agree with yours. I'm just looking for places to check for the best spa for my hard earn money. Don't have the money just to throw around, so when I do spend it I want to get the best deal the meets my needs. Thanks......

CLAYC, WHY ARE PEOPLE YELLING AT YOU? DID YOU MAKE SOMEONE MAD OR ARE YOU HEARING IMPAIRED AND I WASN'T AWARE OF IT? :D

Just kidding, hope your search is going well.

Terminator

Have note yet had a chance to check out the hot spring spas....

Will be checking them out when I get the time... later 2nite

Thanks for your reply..

From what I know there are up in the hundreds of spa brands. Most of the good deals are from smaller manufacturers. If you know, what to look for then start looking for the spas built the way you want.

From what I know there are up in the hundreds of spa brands. Most of the good deals are from smaller manufacturers. If you know, what to look for then start looking for the spas built the way you want.

True, but MANY of the bad deals are from small manufacturers that try to say they're selling a comparable spa for much less but the quality isn't there and the warranty isn't backed fully. The size of a company is not a barometer as to whether you'll be happy with the product. You simply want to make sure they make a quality spa AND back the warranty as expected.

True, but MANY of the bad deals are from small manufacturers that try to say they're selling a comparable spa for much less but the quality isn't there and the warranty isn't backed fully. The size of a company is not a barometer as to whether you'll be happy with the product. You simply want to make sure they make a quality spa AND back the warranty as expected.

NEW BUYER BEWARE!:

I purchased a Hydro Spa online for what I thought was a great price about $5,000. It was delivered "new" with a crack in the bottome and with drilling into the foam. The customer service was deplorable. They have finally agreed to give me a refung after four months of trying to fix it and replacing defective parts. It was the worst consumer nightmare you could dream of.

NEW BUYER BEWARE!:

I purchased a Hydro Spa online for what I thought was a great price about $5,000. It was delivered "new" with a crack in the bottome and with drilling into the foam. The customer service was deplorable. They have finally agreed to give me a refung after four months of trying to fix it and replacing defective parts. It was the worst consumer nightmare you could dream of.

There is a good example. Hydro Spas and Gulf Coast claim to sell comparable spas for much less yet I constantly see people who have issues with them and they all say the same thing; they thought they were getting quality but didn't and have to scratch and claw to get resolution and often don't.

Whatever you do, don't buy from Hydro Spa, if you have concerns about customer service. They offer a decent spa that fits your specs, but the service policy if anything is wrong is "blame the consumer"!

Whatever you do, don't buy from Hydro Spa, if you have concerns about customer service. They offer a decent spa that fits your specs, but the service policy if anything is wrong is "blame the consumer"!

I take it your no friend of Steves Veronica?

I take it your no friend of Steves Veronica?

This is my first day here, wish I had found this helpful forum before my purchase! I don't know who Steve is, but if he is part of the integrity-less bafoons they call "customer service" at Hydro Spa...I don't think I can really call him a "friend". :(

Don't want the UV to much to replace a few years.

This is a bit of a misleading statement, first while it had been thought that the UV bulbs would only last for about 1 year, it was found to be untrue what was causing the UV bulbs to be ineffective after a year or so was that oil from the ballast was coating the bulb and thus making it ineffective, this problem was corrected by using a plasma cell to light the bulb studies now show this type to be effective for up to 7 years with no maintenance and it is also the only UL approved type of ozonator.

I'm in the process of buying a spa right now and am looking for similar things as you. Although no lounge, I prefer having the 4 corner seats. This is the site where I started my research on spas http://www.poolandspa.com/page149.htm You will see that they rate in their best of class most of the spa mentioned in this thread. FYI Hot Spring and Calderas are made by the same manifacturer and both very good spas from what I read in this and other forums. I still haven't made up my mind (some more wet test to do) but I'm leaning towards the Niagara from Calderas based on personal comfort. Best of luck in your quest for the perfect one for you.