Costco/plat. Elite Iii

jwillard

Just wanted to follow up with some info on the hot tub I purchased. Since I had already constructed my patio there was no wire ran for the tub that could be connected to the hole in the bottom so I called Hydrospa and they explained to just drill a hole in the siding closest to the electrical connect using a hole stop bit. There is a name for it but cant think of it off the top of my head....this keeps the drill from going further into the item being drilled and possibly damaging something. Since this was my first hot tub I had no idea how it was suppose to be connected since I wasn’t seeing a way to run the wires into the spa shell.

Since it was purchased at Costco you aren’t going to be able to do the wet test...but now that it’s installed and working fine here is what I found.

All the sets are comfortable to me...no jets poking me in the back or anything. I am 6' even weight in at 190 lbs and have a 32' inseam...so I would say normal/average in size. I do like the fact that each seat has a certain feel or setup that makes it work for me. I find myself doing musical chairs when I am in it by myself, just to get the effects of the different seats. I think the favorite seat is the one with the neck/shoulder jets...this seat tends to hit all my problem areas...shoulder injury from a motorcycle wreck a few yrs back.

Figuring out chemicals can be a pain in the butt and Pinch a Penny will try and sell you everything under the sun for a spa if you don’t know what your doing....which I didn’t. Luckily I have a pool/spa service that will come by and for 15 bucks a week do my chemicals and filters for me. I am going to the local bookstore/library this week and find some books on maintaining a pool/spa. It’s hard to find a company that does spas but I lucked up with this company. I figure 15 bucks a week isn’t a bad deal for someone to come out and maintain it till I have time to learn what I need to keep the water chemicals right. Also the guy doing the service said he would give me some pointers. He and his wife do pools and he specializes in spas and has been in business for 15 years...very likeable!

I have no idea why some tend to beat this spa up...from what I see it’s a very nice quality spa! I know some are going to come back and say yeah it might be now but what about 10 years from now. You know I guess that might be a worry if I was that type of person...hell, I might not be around 10 days from now. The guy who will be servicing it said Hydrospa have come a long way, he was impressed with it after I told him who made it.

I have called Hydrospa 2 and each time they answered my questions and were very friendly. I even had them replace a couple damaged skirt pieces that were a little defected from shipping. They told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks and they would send them out to me. I will keep you updated on that. It wasnt really bad damage but I will leave them on and replace if they need it in the future.

As far as electric usage...can’t give to much info on that but I will when I get the bill. I think if people who buy this spa and they leave it in the factory settings your bill will surely be a little higher. I think it’s set to filter continuous and also it’s in a STANDARD mode from the factory. There are 3

settings...STANDARD/ECONOMY/SLEEP. I leave mine in the Economy mode which means it only heats the water when it’s filtering and not all the time as in Standard mode. I also turned down the filtering to 4 times a day instead of continuous since that is the factory setting.

I at first didn’t think I would care about lights that much but I have come to where I cant live without them on. I really like the blue and red the most. If you weren’t aware the light is in the tub and also there are lights around the edge and also the diverters and valves all have a clear plastic ring on the base and the light comes through these as well....it looks really cool when you have the jets on and the water runs up around them and then back into the water....it makes them look like little waterfalls with the color of whatever you have it set to. Silly, but I am all about ambiance!!

The stereo is made my Aeware and sounds great! Sorry I don’t have link to their site at work but will post later. For those who are interested. I am thinking about buying the outdoor speakers and maybe running them off the ones in the cabinet so I can use the stereo in the yard when I don’t have the cover off the spa. This really isnt being posted to debate, I was just wanting to share some info with those who may be interested in this through costco and might have some questions. If you do you can always email me direct and I will be happy to tell you my experience.

Stereo for this model If the link doesnt open up to the right product, click on the tab on right side of page called in.tune

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have called Hydrospa 2 and each time they answered my questions and were very friendly. I even had them replace a couple damaged skirt pieces that were a little defected from shipping. They told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks and they would send them out to me. I will keep you updated on that. It wasnt really bad damage but I will leave them on and replace if they need it in the future.

Just an update on parts ordered. When I called Hydrospa they told me 3 to 4 weeks before I would receive the panels Ordered on Feb 8th. Well, its been 11 days and they arrived today. So far so good as far as in time promised. Normally I get stuff through Fed Ex and they just leave it on my front door and I live on a busy street. This box was delivered through UPS and the guy actually brought it around back and left it out of view. Just giving props to UPS!

IPB Image

Hey that's cool that they come through for ya on time. Enjoy that tub man. I'm sure loving my P2. Great tub indeed.

I saw that p3 at costco last week and I must say it looks very deep. how may gallons is that p3? The P2 is 325gal.

Cool pup also : )

Thanks! If I am not mistaken the P3 is 380 gallons. The pup is Kobe`...a JRT....great dogs!! :)

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

Hydrospa has poor customer service. I have a platinum series hot tub from costco.

the price is very good but the warranty service is very very poor. Hydraspa has zero customer service.Costco offers no warranty. i bought my hot tob in dec/2005 and the spa pack went defective in aug/06 . getting the part took 3 months, i called every week to find out where the parts were. i got a different story every time i called, some times from the same person. getting someone to do the warranty work took another 3 months. one guy came out and installed the spa pack , but more parts were needed. those parts took another 2 months to arrive, the original installer would not come back( he would not even return my calls-my guess is that he did not get paid for the work he did).they finally found a new service guy and the repair was finally finished.only time will tell if the work holds up!!!the whole experience took 6 months!!

www.elitespas.com is the website in the owners manual, www.platinumhottubs.com has the legend and platinum series tubs.they appaer to be owner buy hydrospa in st petersburg florida, thats the name of the company when you call 1 800 749 8003 fom the manual.

I have heard similar stories from other people that have purchased this hot tub from costco.

Just wanted to follow up with some info on the hot tub I purchased. Since I had already constructed my patio there was no wire ran for the tub that could be connected to the hole in the bottom so I called Hydrospa and they explained to just drill a hole in the siding closest to the electrical connect using a hole stop bit. There is a name for it but cant think of it off the top of my head....this keeps the drill from going further into the item being drilled and possibly damaging something. Since this was my first hot tub I had no idea how it was suppose to be connected since I wasn’t seeing a way to run the wires into the spa shell.

Since it was purchased at Costco you aren’t going to be able to do the wet test...but now that it’s installed and working fine here is what I found.

All the sets are comfortable to me...no jets poking me in the back or anything. I am 6' even weight in at 190 lbs and have a 32' inseam...so I would say normal/average in size. I do like the fact that each seat has a certain feel or setup that makes it work for me. I find myself doing musical chairs when I am in it by myself, just to get the effects of the different seats. I think the favorite seat is the one with the neck/shoulder jets...this seat tends to hit all my problem areas...shoulder injury from a motorcycle wreck a few yrs back.

Figuring out chemicals can be a pain in the butt and Pinch a Penny will try and sell you everything under the sun for a spa if you don’t know what your doing....which I didn’t. Luckily I have a pool/spa service that will come by and for 15 bucks a week do my chemicals and filters for me. I am going to the local bookstore/library this week and find some books on maintaining a pool/spa. It’s hard to find a company that does spas but I lucked up with this company. I figure 15 bucks a week isn’t a bad deal for someone to come out and maintain it till I have time to learn what I need to keep the water chemicals right. Also the guy doing the service said he would give me some pointers. He and his wife do pools and he specializes in spas and has been in business for 15 years...very likeable!

I have no idea why some tend to beat this spa up...from what I see it’s a very nice quality spa! I know some are going to come back and say yeah it might be now but what about 10 years from now. You know I guess that might be a worry if I was that type of person...hell, I might not be around 10 days from now. The guy who will be servicing it said Hydrospa have come a long way, he was impressed with it after I told him who made it.

As far as electric usage...can’t give to much info on that but I will when I get the bill. I think if people who buy this spa and they leave it in the factory settings your bill will surely be a little higher. I think it’s set to filter continuous and also it’s in a STANDARD mode from the factory. There are 3

settings...STANDARD/ECONOMY/SLEEP. I leave mine in the Economy mode which means it only heats the water when it’s filtering and not all the time as in Standard mode. I also turned down the filtering to 4 times a day instead of continuous since that is the factory setting.

I at first didn’t think I would care about lights that much but I have come to where I cant live without them on. I really like the blue and red the most. If you weren’t aware the light is in the tub and also there are lights around the edge and also the diverters and valves all have a clear plastic ring on the base and the light comes through these as well....it looks really cool when you have the jets on and the water runs up around them and then back into the water....it makes them look like little waterfalls with the color of whatever you have it set to. Silly, but I am all about ambiance!!

The stereo is made my Aeware and sounds great! Sorry I don’t have link to their site at work but will post later. For those who are interested. I am thinking about buying the outdoor speakers and maybe running them off the ones in the cabinet so I can use the stereo in the yard when I don’t have the cover off the spa. This really isnt being posted to debate, I was just wanting to share some info with those who may be interested in this through costco and might have some questions. If you do you can always email me direct and I will be happy to tell you my experience.

Stereo for this model If the link doesnt open up to the right product, click on the tab on right side of page called in.tune

Well I think that people can't really give a great review a month or two after purchase. How about a couple of years to really get a good opinion/review. I have researched that tub and my co-worker ownes one and all I hear is nightmere stories.

One huge complaint on this tub is poor insulation so when it runs its cleaning cycles and has to heat up to maintain temp. its really loud because the jet pump kicks on and the noise echos in the cabinet. So with having poor insulation it will cost more to heat-up. On record it costs anywhere from $60-$160 a month to operate which to me is ridiculous. Yeah the tub is only around 5k but if you settle for a cheaper tub you will end up paying the difference in the long run.

Another thing is if you need help or have any questions good luck having a costco employee giving you any info on how to use/operate your tub. You will have to contact the manufacter who is only available online or by phone M-F 9-5 Eastern time.

Anyhoo, to a person who doesn't know a thing about hot tubs this tub looks amazing and sounds like a great deal. But people need to really understand that tubs can be as different as night and day. They all have different things some being exclusive to different makes/models.

In the end you Get what you pay for! So what maybe a great deal now, more than likely will be a throw away tub in 2-4years.

Does anyone out there actually own one of these things longer than a year on here to give a indepth good review?

Best Wishes, & Happy Soaking!

~~~Hottublady~~~

Does anyone out there actually own one of these things longer than a year on here to give a indepth good review?

~~~Hottublady~~~

I asked this question a while back and I think there was one guy who had his for a couple years. But I dout you will ever find an owner of 4-5 years or more as value becomes at that age. And these tubs have reached there life expectancy at that age.

I’m not a Hydrospa dealer, but I have serviced these spas before. I do not like the company and think they have absolutely horrible customer service. They have on more then one occasion sent a used and damaged part for warranty replacement. That being said, there is no reason that these spas will only last 2-5 years. Besides lack of good insulation (which is easily solved) and fit and finish issues, the structure and components used are fine. I believe that the main reason you don’t see people bragging about their 4+ year old cheep spa is because of the type of personality that these people have. Lets think about this analogy: Person “A” owns a 1985 Chevett, person “B” owns a 1985 Corvette. Both cars are in perfect condition and are used daily. Who is more likely to brag about their car?

I’m not a Hydrospa dealer, but I have serviced these spas before. I do not like the company and think they have absolutely horrible customer service. They have on more then one occasion sent a used and damaged part for warranty replacement. That being said, there is no reason that these spas will only last 2-5 years. Besides lack of good insulation (which is easily solved) and fit and finish issues, the structure and components used are fine. I believe that the main reason you don’t see people bragging about their 4+ year old cheep spa is because of the type of personality that these people have. Lets think about this analogy: Person “A” owns a 1985 Chevett, person “B” owns a 1985 Corvette. Both cars are in perfect condition and are used daily. Who is more likely to brag about their car?

well i think i'd brag about the C3 cuzz i have one and its worth more.... just my opinion

well i think i'd brag about the C3 cuzz i have one and its worth more.... just my opinion

Please don’t misinterpret what I’m trying to say. I should have used the word inexpensive rather then cheep. I was replying to statements that less expensive spas will only last a couple of years and are disposable. And giving my theory as to why you don’t see owners of these spas bragging all over the net.

Please don’t misinterpret what I’m trying to say. I should have used the word inexpensive rather then cheep. I was replying to statements that less expensive spas will only last a couple of years and are disposable. And giving my theory as to why you don’t see owners of these spas bragging all over the net.

Who said these tubs only last for 2 years? A cruddy less expensive tub will only last for 4-5 years, a good value less expensive tub will last 8-10 or maybe even more.

Who said these tubs only last for 2 years? A cruddy less expensive tub will only last for 4-5 years, a good value less expensive tub will last 8-10 or maybe even more.

Quote taken from above in regards to the PE: “In the end you Get what you pay for! So what maybe a great deal now, more than likely will be a throw away tub in 2-4years.”

Quote taken from above in regards to the PE: “In the end you Get what you pay for! So what maybe a great deal now, more than likely will be a throw away tub in 2-4years.”

Why does your post strike me as suspect? Do you own a PE spa? Have you ever owned a PE spa? You have 10 post and you come on here to respond to a post about PE spas.....that just strikes me as odd. Where do you base your observations from? Just curious....

I have seen superior products last less time than one would think because of neglect...and misuse and I have seen inferior products last years long than what one would think because of care and maintenance. I have seen people who bought from dealers complain about getting a inferior product than promised, I have read about dealer provided service falling to the way side after the sale.

I guess I just find it funny that people who don't own tub X can legitimately complain about tub x in an open forum but have no basis to do so.....unless of course you have an ulterior motive.

I guess I might also fade into oblivion and not come back in 5 years to tell you exactly how my tub is holding out. Since I have purchased this tub and have nothing but a good experience regardless of how long I have had my tub its to help others know you can get a quality tub buy purchasing it at costco. Yes, you can also have a bad experience just as some on this board have had and not only from Hydrospa/Costco but many of the other market brands as well.

In regards to electrical use for this spa...I can tell you (since I just got my first bill this week) that it doesnt cost 100 bucks a month to operate. It cost me...and I have used it every single night for the last month 32 dollars more on my bill. I cant give that increase all to the install of the tub, since we had a cold snap come through I was running my heat in that time as well. I can also tell you this...when I use the tub I turn it up to 100 degrees and when I get out the next night when I go to take it off economy mode and heat it back up the tub has fallen only 2 degrees. When I get out I turn the temp back down to 94 and switch to economy mode so it doesn't constantly heat. Granted I live in Florida and cant compare what it does in a extremely cold climate.

Done rambling.... I just hope when people come here to educate themselves before purchasing a tub they discount the ramblings of the people who DONT actually own one versus the people that do.

ps....maybe the people who purchased a PE spa are actually out living life now and are busy enjoying their spa and dont make it a point to come back here to bash. There is nothing better than an educated consumer, once educated maybe they just go on living life. I guess if I spent 10k I would need to come back here to brag for the next 10 years how nice my hot tub is....maybe they make you sign a agreement when you buy through a dealer...who knows....If I needed to brag about something it damn sure wouldnt be a hot tub....now a vette...thats differant. :unsure:

Jwillard, look carefully at my other posts in this thread and you will see that I’m not bashing the PE or any less expensive spas. I was quoting a line from an above post. I use the fact that I have worked on these and other more expensive spas as the basis for my comments. I post replies on this forum sometimes when I see dealers of high end spas on here spreading sales pitches and propaganda. New shoppers should be able to get unbiased opinions here and not be swayed into thinking that a less expensive spa is not worth buying. Otherwise this forum will end up as a commercial for high end spas just like the “other” forum (you guys know which one).

Well I think that people can't really give a great review a month or two after purchase. How about a couple of years to really get a good opinion/review. I have researched that tub and my co-worker ownes one and all I hear is nightmere stories.

One huge complaint on this tub is poor insulation so when it runs its cleaning cycles and has to heat up to maintain temp. its really loud because the jet pump kicks on and the noise echos in the cabinet. So with having poor insulation it will cost more to heat-up. On record it costs anywhere from $60-$160 a month to operate which to me is ridiculous. Yeah the tub is only around 5k but if you settle for a cheaper tub you will end up paying the difference in the long run.

Another thing is if you need help or have any questions good luck having a costco employee giving you any info on how to use/operate your tub. You will have to contact the manufacter who is only available online or by phone M-F 9-5 Eastern time.

Anyhoo, to a person who doesn't know a thing about hot tubs this tub looks amazing and sounds like a great deal. But people need to really understand that tubs can be as different as night and day. They all have different things some being exclusive to different makes/models.

In the end you Get what you pay for! So what maybe a great deal now, more than likely will be a throw away tub in 2-4years.

~~~Hottublady~~~

I think that people who think someone cant give a review on something they own is retarded!!!! Since I actually own one of these I think I am more qualified to give my opinion than someone who's neighbor's uncle's brother's sister has one. You are basically regeritating their situation and we all know how the story changes as it makes it way down the line. I AM SPEAKING FROM A FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE...not out of my butt.

So when you buy a toaster do you go back to Costco and ask them how to use it??? please /rant off

Jwillard, look carefully at my other posts in this thread and you will see that I’m not bashing the PE or any less expensive spas. I was quoting a line from an above post. I use the fact that I have worked on these and other more expensive spas as the basis for my comments. I post replies on this forum sometimes when I see dealers of high end spas on here spreading sales pitches and propaganda. New shoppers should be able to get unbiased opinions here and not be swayed into thinking that a less expensive spa is not worth buying. Otherwise this forum will end up as a commercial for high end spas just like the “other” forum (you guys know which one).

Sorry didnt mean to come off so harsh...no wait...yes I did, but it wasnt meant for just you but the other two before you...rknmq and Hottublady. This thread went on for almost 3 weeks with no replys and then all of the sudden two people with 3 post come in and start bashing.

If you look at rknmq post he actually posted the exact same thing in another thread as he did in this one...that to me is pretty obvious what he is trying to do. This is a forum to come and give others an insight into a purchase and it seems some are here to do nothing but secure their job positions in the hot tub industry.

Sorry didnt mean to come off so harsh...no wait...yes I did, but it wasnt meant for just you but the other two before you...rknmq and Hottublady. This thread went on for almost 3 weeks with no replys and then all of the sudden two people with 3 post come in and start bashing.

If you look at rknmq post he actually posted the exact same thing in another thread as he did in this one...that to me is pretty obvious what he is trying to do. This is a forum to come and give others an insight into a purchase and it seems some are here to do nothing but secure their job positions in the hot tub industry.

I don't understand why you are so hostile, anyone who uses the word "Retard" is not someone I care to debate with. Great you are happy with your tub, but how long have you had it a month? I think your choice of words says it all!

Hottublady

I don't understand why you are so hostile, anyone who uses the word "Retard" is not someone I care to debate with. Great you are happy with your tub, but how long have you had it a month? I think your choice of words says it all!

Hottublady

lol, hostile...you dont even know the meaning of hostile if your feelings were hurt by that. Sorry if you are offended and feel you cant debate...but in my opinion you cant debate with me either way...you dont own a PE tub so what side of the debate are you trying to get in on??? What research did you do and using your friend/co-workers experience to debate is very lame. I would say if you worked on them or was a owner of one your opinion would matter...but you havent...so it doesnt.

When I first posted on this forum I was automatically accused of being someone who works for hydrospa right off the bat. For you to come on and discount my post by saying I couldnt give a review because I havent own my spa for years and years and years is probably the most retarded thing I have read on this forum.

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Adj. 1. retarded - relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded"

unintelligent, stupid - without much intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"

lol, hostile...you dont even know the meaning of hostile if your feelings were hurt by that. Sorry if you are offended and feel you cant debate...but in my opinion you cant debate with me either way...you dont own a PE tub so what side of the debate are you trying to get in on??? What research did you do and using your friend/co-workers experience to debate is very lame. I would say if you worked on them or was a owner of one your opinion would matter...but you havent...so it doesnt.

When I first posted on this forum I was automatically accused of being someone who works for hydrospa right off the bat. For you to come on and discount my post by saying I couldnt give a review because I havent own my spa for years and years and years is probably the most retarded thing I have read on this forum.

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Adj. 1. retarded - relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded"

unintelligent, stupid - without much intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"

Jwillard,

I collected my information from actual owners on www.eopinions.com, hottubsdirectory.com, and rhtubs.com, and my coworker. Now like every company out there, there are good reviews and bad, but if you check it out for yourself you will see that the bad out outweighs the good.

To me you seem like a person who is trying to validate your purchase. Like I have already stated to you before if you are happy then great!

So, from the things I have read, and my background knowledge on tubs I know what I'm talking about, and don't have to own a "PE" to voice my opinion. You will never find me reverting to name calling like you to get a point across.

Thanks,

Hottublady

Jwillard,

I collected my information from actual owners on www.eopinions.com, hottubsdirectory.com, and rhtubs.com, and my coworker. Now like every company out there, there are good reviews and bad, but if you check it out for yourself you will see that the bad out outweighs the good.

To me you seem like a person who is trying to validate your purchase. Like I have already stated to you before if you are happy then great!

So, from the things I have read, and my background knowledge on tubs I know what I'm talking about, and don't have to own a "PE" to voice my opinion. You will never find me reverting to name calling like you to get a point across.

Thanks,

Hottublady

So basically you went and read a bunch of peoples comments on a hot tub and then decided since there were more bad than good that is the side you would take as well??? Most people who purchase an item dont run out and tell everyone on a forum how awesome their experience was, but if it was a bad experience people will go out of their way to tell people how bad it was. I think if I was a consumer and I was looking for info on a item I would rather hear it from someone who actually owns said product than someone who just went and read about it or heard a story from their co-worker.

Validate, what do I need to validate my purchase for? I am happy with it...plain and simple. If anything I am validating its a good product for about 4 to 5k cheaper than the industry going rate on a comparible tub for people who may be trying to decide on which tub works best for them. Granted there is always a chance you get a lemon with all hot tubs...not denying that....but...the tub I have sitting in my backyard is what I am basing my opinion on not someone elses opinion from another website.

As far as your so called experience...forgive me I didnt see your hot tub diploma nailed to the wall when I was posting on here...forgive me for stepping on your toes. Forgive me for asking...but what is your experience with hot tubs?

I never called you a name...I merely stated your comment about me not being able to make a review on a product I own is "retarded", not you...just your opinion...but now I am starting to think otherwise. :wacko:

So basically you went and read a bunch of peoples comments on a hot tub and then decided since there were more bad than good that is the side you would take as well??? Most people who purchase an item dont run out and tell everyone on a forum how awesome their experience was, but if it was a bad experience people will go out of their way to tell people how bad it was. I think if I was a consumer and I was looking for info on a item I would rather hear it from someone who actually owns said product than someone who just went and read about it or heard a story from their co-worker.

Validate, what do I need to validate my purchase for? I am happy with it...plain and simple. If anything I am validating its a good product for about 4 to 5k cheaper than the industry going rate on a comparible tub for people who may be trying to decide on which tub works best for them. Granted there is always a chance you get a lemon with all hot tubs...not denying that....but...the tub I have sitting in my backyard is what I am basing my opinion on not someone elses opinion from another website.

As far as your so called experience...forgive me I didnt see your hot tub diploma nailed to the wall when I was posting on here...forgive me for stepping on your toes. Forgive me for asking...but what is your experience with hot tubs?

I never called you a name...I merely stated your comment about me not being able to make a review on a product I own is "retarded", not you...just your opinion...but now I am starting to think otherwise. :wacko:

As far as my credentials I work for Spasearch Magazine, an independent hot tub sourcebook.-hottublady

As far as my credentials I work for Spasearch Magazine, an independent hot tub sourcebook.-hottublady

That tells me absolutely nothing about your credentials...that is like saying I work for Microsoft...only to later find out I am the janitor there. What exactly are your credentials????

On second thought, back in your first post you stated you didnt think someone who only had a tub a month could give an accurate review, but then you went on to say you had read on eopinion and other places that a lot of people had bad experiences and that is what you were giving your opinion on. Do you know how long they had their tubs??? Did they meet your minimum time frame in order to give that review?

And one last question before I let this go....

If you came on and read my review of this tub and it had been bad would that have been another one to add to your list of bad reviews so you could go on reporting negative about this spa. Since it was a positive post you just decided to disregard it because I haven't owned it long enough. That doesn't sound very independent to me

I have a Elite spa and also have had no issues at all for eight months of operational bliss. I would purchase one again with no question and in reguards to the electrical cost, I have not seen a electric bill top $50.00 dollars and use it daily. I also like you have seen alot of spas that cost considerably more offer alot less in terms of features, warranty and quality. Just my two cents. I haven't posted for fear of being attacked as others have on previous post.

I have a Elite spa and also have had no issues at all for eight months of operational bliss. I would purchase one again with no question and in reguards to the electrical cost, I have not seen a electric bill top $50.00 dollars and use it daily. I also like you have seen alot of spas that cost considerably more offer alot less in terms of features, warranty and quality. Just my two cents. I haven't posted for fear of being attacked as others have on previous post.

Awesome! Now that is an excellent post. Not because it was a good review...but because it actually came from someone who has one or at least worked on one to have 2 cents to put in.

Good to see you are enjoying it Soakerman!!

Awesome! Now that is an excellent post. Not because it was a good review...but because it actually came from someone who has one or at least worked on one to have 2 cents to put in.

Good to see you are enjoying it Soakerman!!

My experience is in agreement with Hottub lady and I am an owner of a PEII from Costco. Right now I am trying to figure out why the spa is costing nearly $200 a month to operate and if I have to go and replace it with a more efficient unit. I also had a six-month long horror story that was filled with bad advice, crummy attitudes, broken promises and some pretty darn incompetent customer service on the part of Hydrospa.

Was my experience unique? No. I've read plenty of others who have had the exact same experience. I'm happy that there are some out there who enjoy the deal and think they got a bargain. Based on my experience, I just don't agree with that point of view. That does not mean I am the only one with a valid viewpoint. It also does not make me retarded.

My PEII took six months to get working. So now that I can at least go and soak in my costly hot tub, I'd like to offer the advice that you enjoy your spa and be glad you got one that works well. I think Hottub lady was just saying a month does not make anyone an expert. Owner or not.