It's Back!

JimKW

I was searching all over for another site as good as this one when I could not get on for a few days.

I have had other message boards just go away before and was afraid that's what happened to this one.

Anybody know why it was down for so long?

I was searching all over for another site as good as this one when I could not get on for a few days.

I have had other message boards just go away before and was afraid that's what happened to this one.

I though I did something to get BANNED,glad it's back up but have no idea why it was down.

I though I did something to get BANNED,glad it's back up but have no idea why it was down.

me too, in fact I checked with different devices and different IP addresses just to make sure it wasn't just me that was forbidden. That was a very long outage, we've been down before, but I don't remember it ever being like that.

DK117

same thing i checked with different Ips as well, Glad to see we are up and running again.....

Heh I was in the process of a drain and refil and needed the posts by Nitro.

Thankfully Google Cache worked and I could google the docs and see the cache images to get the info I needed.

I was worried there for a bit.

me too, in fact I checked with different devices and different IP addresses just to make sure it wasn't just me that was forbidden. That was a very long outage, we've been down before, but I don't remember it ever being like that.

DK117

Ditto......Looking at buying a Caldera Tahitian & need more info.

Probably down for software update or hardware failure.

I am disappointed that the administrator for this site has not indicated why it failed. Last night, I sent an email to the outfit that runs the servers for this site and was informed that I needed to "get a support ticket". Yeah, right. Anyways, the next time this site goes down be sure to check out trouble free pools...they have a spa section and a lot of the gurus from this site have cross posted the same information on TFP. FYI.

I am disappointed that the administrator for this site has not indicated why it failed. Last night, I sent an email to the outfit that runs the servers for this site and was informed that I needed to "get a support ticket". Yeah, right. Anyways, the next time this site goes down be sure to check out trouble free pools...they have a spa section and a lot of the gurus from this site have cross posted the same information on TFP. FYI.

IMHO, TFP is not what it was when it started, it is now a commercial venue for the owner to sell his test kit. It did not start out like that and was origianlly owned by someone else. How do I know this. I was one of the original Mods on that site (and I believe that I am still the longest consecutive running mod on that board) and can remember when the current Admin was just a guy who owned a salt pool and was learning stuff and was not even part of the mod team. I am one of the ones that wrote a lot of the original material on that site, btw, including the test kit comparison which I biased in favor of Dave's kit to help him get his busness off the ground. Actually, I would recommend Pool Forum, which is what TFP grew out of! IF you want to go to the source of BBB then go to Pool Forum.

IMHO, TFP is not what it was when it started, it is now a commercial venue for the owner to sell his test kit. It did not start out like that and was origianlly owned by someone else. How do I know this. I was one of the original Mods on that site (and I believe that I am still the longest consecutive running mod on that board) and can remember when the current Admin was just a guy who owned a salt pool and was learning stuff and was not even part of the mod team. I am one of the ones that wrote a lot of the original material on that site, btw, including the test kit comparison which I biased in favor of Dave's kit to help him get his busness off the ground. Actually, I would recommend Pool Forum, which is what TFP grew out of! IF you want to go to the source of BBB then go to Pool Forum.

Dang if this site wasn't down yesterday and part of today, at least in my area. Waterbear, TFP may have issues, but to their credit, they have a spa-specific forum. Pool Forum does not. In my opinion, spas are sufficiently different from pools to warrant separate discussion. I can just imagine the outrage that would be generated by a spa question inserted into a pool thread. ;-)

TFP may have issues, but to their credit, they have a spa-specific forum. Pool Forum does not.

yet Ben Powell at Pool Forum is where BBB originated. TFP actually started as a backup forum for Pool Forum because at one point the future of Pool Forum was in doubt. Dave, who is the current owner of TFP was a member at PF and that is where he learned what he knows about pool care. His original TF100 test kit was a direct copy of Ben's PS234. It was Ben's knowledge, not Dave's that put that original test kit together, which is whY I say if you want to go to the source of BBB check out PF.

IF you are looking for a Spa specific forum this one has more info than any other I have seen, including TFP which is still primarily focused on swimming pools.