Advice Needed On Spa Purchase

USNGRL

Riviera spas looks like they are an offshoot of Master Spas, when you look at the pictures the blonde is the same one in all the Master pictures, it shows the are in Maryland, If you look at the warranty sheet the address is in Fort Wayne Indiana. The same as Master. also the warranty on these is very short i think i read the electrical is 1 year. the site it give specs, some of the spa models pretty neat but some look like your are sitting flat against the wall> this is what is saw just being on there site for a couple of minutes.......

Yup, same Fort Wayne, Ind address as Master in the warranty section. I wonder what's up with the Maryland address you see on the main page? Did they buy a small spa maker there or is this yet another Master trick?

I wonder if Brian1973 is just SpaTechSince1776 in disguise (both usernames were started within 2 days of each other)?!

At least he didn't suggest that hot tub broker web scam he was touting a couple days ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Brian 1973 not same service co.

why are you guys so threatened by the www.hottubbroker.com website.

Those prices seem about right.

Nobody is threatened by the laughable site. When you say those prices seem about right, what do you base it on? They claiim it is based on interviews and reviews. Show me the source material. I don't believe there is any.

"Those prices seem about right"...what planet are you on SpaTechSince?

I looked at buying a Maxxus 12 months ago - dunno what Maxxus your web site refers to but there's no way on earth you're gonna pick one up for $8,100. If you know better then tell me where to look.

"Those prices seem about right"...what planet are you on SpaTechSince?

I looked at buying a Maxxus 12 months ago - dunno what Maxxus your web site refers to but there's no way on earth you're gonna pick one up for $8,100. If you know better then tell me where to look.

He's from planet Master; he's just perpetuating yet another scam by them. That site and their show defines them.

You whats funny, i just went on there again and really looked at hotubbroker.com , the show a list of spas to stay away from on one page, when you go the reatings page they say the tub is a best seller. makes you wonder. the other kicker is this site if you did not know is the travieling master spa circus.... Again spaservicetech how can you say about par for pricing on there. when they came to our town they had, down east , master, phoenix, and used bullfrog, sundance, so the only companys they scour the counrty for and buy are humm. Master, Phoenix, also i am still waiting on were i can get that Sarena Bay for 6,500.00. i don'T know if you have figured out yet that some of us are very passionate about this industry, we do our homework, we know what we are talking about, specifically from experience. so were is the credibilty from the site and the Riviera tubs. i just do not see it....

SpaTechSince1979 - I am so glad that you are back. I am ready to buy a new D1 Sarena Bay for $7000 with your help from HotTubBrokers.com. I have a place ready to install it. You can prove to others on this site that HotTubBrokers.com is not a Master Spa scam by making this happen. Also, I have friend who will take a new Sundance Optima for $7200. You have some great prices - I think that I can find some more folks who would be interested. Is it possible for me to get a finder's fee if I help connect you with other buyers? With your prices and my connections I think that we could make a killing!

SpaTechSince1979 - I am so glad that you are back. I am ready to buy a new D1 Sarena Bay for $7000 with your help from HotTubBrokers.com. I have a place ready to install it. You can prove to others on this site that HotTubBrokers.com is not a Master Spa scam by making this happen. Also, I have friend who will take a new Sundance Optima for $7200. You have some great prices - I think that I can find some more folks who would be interested. Is it possible for me to get a finder's fee if I help connect you with other buyers? With your prices and my connections I think that we could make a killing!

I have 13 people lined up so far to get that pricing but can't seem to get a response. I am sure I will be able to get more.

I have 13 people lined up so far to get that pricing but can't seem to get a response. I am sure I will be able to get more.

If you want to see him you'll probsbly have to wait until the traveling Master Circus slithers into town. He'll be the one with the plaid jacket, slicked back hair and mirrored sunglasses.

I can't help but laugh ....i am loving this thread,,,all the people lining up to buy and we can't get spaservicesincewhowasheagain does not respond.The bad part is people actually will see that site and believe they are the so called experts. even over specific dealers to sell the represented brands. so were did they go. did spaserviceguy take his ball and go home.

I can't help but laugh ....i am loving this thread,,,all the people lining up to buy and we can't get spaservicesincewhowasheagain does not respond.The bad part is people actually will see that site and believe they are the so called experts. even over specific dealers to sell the represented brands. so were did they go. did spaserviceguy take his ball and go home.

This has been going on for a few years. Kreg shows up about every 6 months or so thinking he'll try yet agian to rehabilitate Master's name with double talk and denials; it never works and he moves on.

This time Kreg got help from SpaTechSince2010, maybe coporate Master was even behind this tag team attempt but he only made matters WORSE by posting that fradullent Master website.

Did anyone else notice that Kreg dissappeared right after that Master Website of Deception was posted? I think even Kreg knew that was too much to recover from.

Kreg will be back eventually with yet another attempt but unless Master changes its ways (about as likely as Mel Gibson changing) the result will be the same.

Still around, just sick of kicking a dead horse. Like I have said before, you guys are more than welcome to visit my showroom and call any customer you want. You will find lots of HAPPY Master Spa owners.

"You think you know, but you don't know and you never will!"

Still around, just sick of kicking a dead horse. Like I have said before, you guys are more than welcome to visit my showroom and call any customer you want. You will find lots of HAPPY Master Spa owners.

"You think you know, but you don't know and you never will!"

Its not a "dead horse", those Master Scam shows happen every weekend and that webstie of Masterful Deception is still there. You can't wish Master's reputation to stop taking a hit when corpoate continues their deceptive Marketing practices. Maybe you are a great dealer but that doesn't change what Master does in any way or to any degree.

"If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas".

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas

As for the whole topic of this thread, I think $10,500 sounds pretty high to me for a Caldera Tahitian. I would probably offer 6500-7500 if that is the spa you like. Caldera is a good spa and the dealer is close. In my opinion, I think you are paying for a name more so than features, but that is your call. Way too many small "euro" jets and underpowered pumps for me. I would never own a full-foam hot tub, especially if it still uses urethane foam. Also, an air blower is useless in my opinion. It cools off the water, even if they say it is heated. You better go with the 50 amp version if you do decide on this unit, otherwise your pumps and heater will not run when you are using the spa. That is the most important time for them to work together!

Well I don't know you and "Term" personally, but your opinion on Master really doesn't matter. You are entitled to your opinion, but the FACT is that Master Spas won the Torch Award from the BBB for Marketplace Ethics, is highly endorsed by SpaSearch.org as number 1 in customer satisfaction, has won the Inspire Award, as handed out by the hot tub industry, plus MANY more. You will forgive me if I put more credence in their opinions versus a couple of competitor's opinions.

Master's Awards

Well I don't know you and "Term" personally, but your opinion on Master really doesn't matter. You are entitled to your opinion, but the FACT is that Master Spas won the Torch Award from the BBB for Marketplace Ethics, is highly endorsed by SpaSearch.org as number 1 in customer satisfaction, has won the Inspire Award, as handed out by the hot tub industry, plus MANY more. You will forgive me if I put more credence in their opinions versus a couple of competitor's opinions.

My opinion, Term's opinion and others opinions here may not matter to you and certainly those Master "awards" shouldn't matter to anyone but these opinions below certainly matter:

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?rev=5625

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9485

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9493

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9513

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?md=read;id=96106

Dad gummit.... It's my day off and my iPad called and said people were talking about me so here I am instead of getting a nap.

From my perspective, the argument has never been about the quality of the product. It is what it is, I've seen it with my own eyes numerous times, posted comparisons when challenged, etc.

The whole reason I hopped in on this was because of the unethical practice the traveling peddlers have exhibited whilst slithering through Longview, TX. It is a fact that they've told shoppers that our company was a certified Master Spa service center. This is an utter lie, it is fraudulent, and it served to make us appear as to be in cahoots with their nefarious modus operandi. That is when we drew the line and contacted our attorney to issue a cease and desist proclamation. As far as I know, they haven't been back here in 2 or 3 years.

When I posted on this subject in the deleted thread, Kreg seems to misconstrue my post into that I'm somehow claiming to BE a MS service center. Absolutely NOT...it was an effort to distance ourselves from these types of slimy operators and their wares. We do business here, we remain here, we take care of our customers here, and we're involved in the community here...have been for 25 years.

Along comes Spatech79 and his condescending posts, and then he gets routed out by Spatechtuo as nothing less than the epitome of EXACTLY what we have been arguing against when he slipped up and linked himself to the completely phony Hot Tub Broker website. Instead of trying to defend the indefensible, I suspect he will turn into a hit and run sniper henceforth on the forum. The truth always wins out in the end and one's true colors will eventually be shown to the world.

What is most disturbing is that you, Kreg, will not nut up and condemn the Hot Tub Broker website for what it is ( and it IS pure garbage). Do you disagree?

By the way, I'm not a competitor to Master Spa. Even though they were telling people as far back as 2005 that they were opening a store in Longview, it has never achieved fruition...and I ain't holding my breath.

Nap time....

Termie

Term

you are absolutely right on. Same in our area they show up they leave ...There is no dealer in our area. Its the traveling show that really bring s them down . then we get the guys on here to say there is nothing wrong with it.. And they think there is nothing wrong. Then we get the call .Can you fix my spa. you ask them what they have . they say Master . you tell them to call the company they bought from ....and boy they get pissed at us because we won't work on it under warranty. And you have to explain to them that we have never sold that product and you need to be serviced by authorized Master dealer....So i appreciate you guys who come on here like me and want to share what we know ....

As for the whole topic of this thread, I think $10,500 sounds pretty high to me for a Caldera Tahitian. I would probably offer 6500-7500 if that is the spa you like. Caldera is a good spa and the dealer is close. In my opinion, I think you are paying for a name more so than features, but that is your call. Way too many small "euro" jets and underpowered pumps for me. I would never own a full-foam hot tub, especially if it still uses urethane foam. Also, an air blower is useless in my opinion. It cools off the water, even if they say it is heated. You better go with the 50 amp version if you do decide on this unit, otherwise your pumps and heater will not run when you are using the spa. That is the most important time for them to work together!

Master's Awards

Since most major manufacturers use full foam/urethane foam, I think that shows your credibility. Hot Spring/Caldera, D1, Marquis, Sundance/Jacuzzi...

Recommending 50 amp version is an absurd recommendation. That is the way it comes.

Master's Awards

Since most major manufacturers use full foam/urethane foam, I think that shows your credibility. Hot Spring/Caldera, D1, Marquis, Sundance/Jacuzzi...

Recommending 50 amp version is an absurd recommendation. That is the way it comes.

Clipped from Caldera's website...

Electrical Requirements 230v/30 or 50 Amp

Feel free to look for yourself...

Caldera website

Sorry, I have dug out many a leaking full foam spa. I do not recommend full foam spas, no matter what the manufacturer. You named four manufacturers. Does that constitute a majority? lol

Trying to stick to the topic at hand, but since many of you feel it is your job to bash Master, I will make this simple. Here is master's customer service number and email address. They do not do shows unless there is a Master service center in the area. If a customer calls one of your stores, it is probably a case of mistaken identity on the customer's part. Please refer them to these contacts so they can be taken care of.

Master Spas Customer Service

800-860-7727

customerservice@masterspas(dot)com

Sorry, I have dug out many a leaking full foam spa. I do not recommend full foam spas, no matter what the manufacturer.

And many of us would never sell a thermo-pane Master spas but why are you all of sudden turning this into a full foam vs thermopane debate?

That debate will never end but that wasn't what was being discussed. LOL, I think you're throwing that out there to change the subject that was beiggn discussed, the outright deceptive business practices of the Master Spa Scams.

Master's Awards

Clipped from Caldera's website...

Electrical Requirements 230v/30 or 50 Amp

Feel free to look for yourself...

Caldera website

Sorry, I have dug out many a leaking full foam spa. I do not recommend full foam spas, no matter what the manufacturer. You named four manufacturers. Does that constitute a majority? lol

Trying to stick to the topic at hand, but since many of you feel it is your job to bash Master, I will make this simple. Here is master's customer service number and email address. They do not do shows unless there is a Master service center in the area. If a customer calls one of your stores, it is probably a case of mistaken identity on the customer's part. Please refer them to these contacts so they can be taken care of.

Master Spas Customer Service

800-860-7727

customerservice@masterspas(dot)com

I stand corrected on the electrical. They have changed it since I sold them. However, the issue of 30 vs. 50 totally depends on weather/geography and use. Still, I would agree if you have the option of 50, go with it.

Yes, I named 4 manufacturers. I named four MAJOR manufacturers.

They do not do shows unless there is a Master service center in the area. If a customer calls one of your stores, it is probably a case of mistaken identity on the customer's part. Please refer them to these contacts so they can be taken care of.

Hot Tubaloney! At one of the shows they did in Longview, a spa shopper came straight from the tent sale and asked if we serviced the spas being sold at the show. I asked her "Who told you that?". She said the salesman told her that we were an authorized service center and that we would take care of her if there was a problem. A couple of my customers came in later for chemicals and I bribed them to go over and listen to the sales pitch. They were told the same thing. I then had my underling Amy go over and ask them to put it in writing. The head honcho (I believe his name is Tim) quickly refused to do so, changed his tune, and then told her that a company named Royal Spa Repair (or something similar) was their repair center for the area. Surprise!....there is no Royal Spa Repair in East Texas.

Lies, deception, tomfoolery.....and I haven't even gotten to the GOOD stuff, yet.

Would you like to learn more?

Termie

I will make this simple. Here is master's customer service number and email address. They do not do shows unless there is a Master service center in the area. If a customer calls one of your stores, it is probably a case of mistaken identity on the customer's part.

That is an outright lie; you know it yet you still spit it out with a straight face and try to say its true when we all know otherwise. Those Master shows travel go all over and routinely sell in areas where there is no dealer and lie about it to customers. Many of us know that first hand and all those posts I've shown are from customers complaining about that very fact and you know that, be honest about it!!!

Kreg,

If you want to say you like the product that's fine, we all have different preferences, but why not condemn the Master spa shows for the scam that we ALL know they are?

And while you are at it why not condemn that fraudulent Master Scam site known as Hot Tub Brokers? It may be new to you also but now that you've seen it what's your opinion on that scam of a site?????

Unless you separate yourself from corporate Master's overtly deceptive business practices you're no better than they are no matter how much you want to define yourself as a good dealer.

Sorry, I have dug out many a leaking full foam spa. I do not recommend full foam spas, no matter what the manufacturer.

And many of us would never sell a thermo-pane Master spas but why are you all of sudden turning this into a full foam vs thermopane debate?

That debate will never end but that wasn't what was being discussed. LOL, I think you're throwing that out there to change the subject that was beiggn discussed, the outright deceptive business practices of the Master Spa Scams.

Hello! This thread was about buying a Caldera Tahitian.