Aquafinesse?

Kingdog

I went into my local Arctic store to stock up on supplies and was given a sales push to buy Aquafinesse. They of course make it sound like it's virtually maintenance free. Not using any bromine or chlorine or checking levels seems a little fishy to me. I know you guys all give realistic advice so I've come to you for suggestions. Anyone used this product? How is it and would you recommend it? Thanks.

Type "Aquafinesse" in the Search box in the upper right of this page and you'll see a bunch of posts/threads with varying opinions and experiences.

I went into my local Arctic store to stock up on supplies and was given a sales push to buy Aquafinesse. They of course make it sound like it's virtually maintenance free. Not using any bromine or chlorine or checking levels seems a little fishy to me. I know you guys all give realistic advice so I've come to you for suggestions. Anyone used this product? How is it and would you recommend it? Thanks.

Dear "KingDog":

My name is Shaun Casey and I am the Canadian national manager for AquaFinesse. I assume you are a consumer in Canada. We are always here to support consumers and retailers on use and successful sales of our products. Our product is manufactured in Canada in our ISO facility and distributed through Capo a reputable 100 year old watercare firm. Clearly our Arctic retailers along with our many other retailers are enthusiastic about our products. Our products for hot tubs and pools all need and clearly indicate in our labels and literature that we are to be used in conjunction with a recognized sanitizer. If however you have a ONZEN system then you do not need additional sanitizer above that. Our AquaFinesse Spa care kits all come packaged with Dichlor or Trichlor chlorine.

We have hundreds of North American dealers finding that consumer benefits include:

• Keeps water levels balanced with no daily measuring and adjustments once water is prebalanced

• One box contains everything you need for 3 to 5 months - Must be used in conjunction with a sanitizer

• Dermatologist tested and approved - No harsh side effects on skin and eyes

• Reduces amount of harsh chemicals and eliminates heavy odors

• Helps prevent slime buildup with dramatic reduction in bacteria

• Prolongs life of spa equipment by reducing biofilms and scale build-up in your hot tub’s

plumbing lines, filters and heaters

• Patented environmentally friendly formula

PM me and I contact you in order to help you in anyway I can to have another happy Aquafinesse consumer.

• 1 month later...

Aqua Finesse is the real deal. I tell evey spa owner with ears to go on this system however many are scared off by the seemingly high initial kit costs, which are in fact quite reasonable once you understand just how much this product will improve the quality of your spa owning experience. If you have not tried it, and have found this thread and are wondering if this product is right for you, I STRONGLY encourage you to give it a try. Just be sure to have you water balanced (esp pH and TA) before you use the product in your spa.

I am a pool and spa contractor in Canada with hundreds of happy concrete and acrylic spa clients. If you want to know more about aqua finesse call me directly at 1-888-818-POOL and I would be happy to answer any questions that you have. I have absolutely no business affiliation with the makers of this product - I am just a big supporter of finding ways to make pool and spa ownership more enjoyable and this is one for sure.

I hope this information is helpful.

S

• 10 months later...

Best stuff on the market.. In over 20 years in this industry there has never been a product that comes close to the success of this Mineral salt system...

Is there a reason you are resurrecting a thread that is over a year old? It is NOT a saniizer and is used with chlorine or bromine as the primary sanitizer. IT is not a mineral system and it is not a salt system. It is a water additive that acts as a biofilm dispersant.

I love it when our valued retailers get over enthusiast and just have to shout out. Probably comes from getting happy customers returning to stores for our product. Our product is made of salt which are minerals,,,so you could say its a mineral salt watercare product accurately.

Always be sure to add that is NSF 60 certified, dermatological tested and the first Spa Retailer Pool Search trade certified watercare product in the world!

Love to see things kept alive! If any of you still skeptical retailers would like to try our product we are happy to send samples out of both pool and spa AquaFinesse.

I love it when our valued retailers get over enthusiast and just have to shout out. Probably comes from getting happy customers returning to stores for our product. Our product is made of salt which are minerals,,,so you could say its a mineral salt watercare product accurately.

Always be sure to add that is NSF 60 certified, dermatological tested and the first Spa Retailer Pool Search trade certified watercare product in the world!

Love to see things kept alive! If any of you still skeptical retailers would like to try our product we are happy to send samples out of both pool and spa AquaFinesse.

My advice to you is to include enough chlorine with your $150.00 kit to last as long as the liquid does. Also you should educate your retailers about your product (or advise them not to fib). Let them know that the system *requires* the chlorine. My retailer said the chlorine is not needed but is included only because that's what is required by Canadian law.

Overall I did not find your product was worth the price. It does work but not significantly better than chlorine alone.

Eric

My advice to you is to include enough chlorine with your $150.00 kit to last as long as the liquid does. Also you should educate your retailers about your product (or advise them not to fib). Let them know that the system *requires* the chlorine. My retailer said the chlorine is not needed but is included only because that's what is required by Canadian law.

Overall I did not find your product was worth the price. It does work but not significantly better than chlorine alone.

Eric

User testimonials carry a lot more weight than dealer testimonials. Thank you Eric!

Eric

User testimonials carry a lot more weight than dealer testimonials. Thank you Eric!

Just wanted to report this thread where a gray slime was not getting dealt with very effectively with chlorine so the user used AquaFinesse tablets for the pool that so far have seemed to work well. I'm just trying to provide a balance of reports since they have been so far mixed -- some good, some not. I think the bad reports are mostly when some dealers try to promote a chlorine-free alternative and then run into trouble (such as the hot tub lung incident). If AquaFinesse is seen more in the vein of a supplemental product, then it may be more beneficial for those rare cases where chlorine alone isn't sufficient (and I do mean rare -- the incident at TFP is the first one where chlorine didn't handle algae, mold or slime out of tens of thousands of pool and spa users that have successfully used chlorine alone to keep their pools and spas clean and disinfected).

In my post near the end of that thread, I give a little more info since the MSDS of the pool tablets provides some chemical listings, but the primary biofilm breakup/inhibition chemicals are likely not listed.