Went And Saw Strong Spas At The Pa Home Builders Show!

Jason B

I'm in Harrisburg, PA and went to see Strong Pools and Spas at the PA home builders show last week.

I wanted to check these out in person as I've been hearing many positive feedback reviews on this forum and the Costco website. Everyone was really cool, and they have some sweet setups. They had about 10 tubs on display and some with water in them. The pop-up speakers were really cool and the sound was pretty impressive for how small the speakers were.

I'm looking for a 4-5 person spa, which currently isn't available in the acrylic material that I like. I spoke with the Sale Manager and he told me they will have one in the near future. I really wanted a tub NOW, as I've been searching for almost a year. They were so nice and their customer service on this board speaks for itself. This is what sold me, so I'm going to wait until they come out with the one I want. It won't be easy, but when I buy something, I want to be sure there is a company that will stand behind it.

Also, a few months ago, I called Strong as I had a few technical questions and I told the lady on the phone that their tubs were being talked about on this forum. I had her write it down, and she said she would spead the word. About a week later there was a tech in here answering questions. Very cool.

Just food for thought.

QUOTE (Jason B @ Mar 15 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in Harrisburg, PA and went to see Strong Pools and Spas at the PA home builders show last week.

I wanted to check these out in person as I've been hearing many positive feedback reviews on this forum and the Costco website. Everyone was really cool, and they have some sweet setups. They had about 10 tubs on display and some with water in them. The pop-up speakers were really cool and the sound was pretty impressive for how small the speakers were.

I'm looking for a 4-5 person spa, which currently isn't available in the acrylic material that I like. I spoke with the Sale Manager and he told me they will have one in the near future. I really wanted a tub NOW, as I've been searching for almost a year. They were so nice and their customer service on this board is speaks for iteself. This is what sold me, so I'm going to wait until they come out with the one I want. It won't be easy, but when I buy something, I want to be sure there is a company that will stand behind it.

Also, a few months ago, I called Strong as I had a few technical questions and I told the lady on the phone that their tubs were being talked about on this forum. I had her write it down, and she said she would spead the word. About a week later there was a tech in here answering questions. Very cool.

Just food for thought.

You've been talking about Strong Spas on this forum for quite a while now, yet still keep saying you haven't/aren't going to buy one yet. Perhaps it's time you just go buy your hot tub. Or go work for Strong Spas perhaps (or do you already? hehe). 8^)

QUOTE (Jason B @ Mar 15 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking for a 4-5 person spa, which currently isn't available in the acrylic material that I like. I spoke with the Sale Manager and he told me they will have one in the near future. I really wanted a tub NOW, as I've been searching for almost a year. They were so nice and their customer service on this board is speaks for iteself. This is what sold me, so I'm going to wait until they come out with the one I want. It won't be easy, but when I buy something, I want to be sure there is a company that will stand behind it.

Just food for thought.

You've been talking about Strong Spas on this forum for quite a while now, yet still keep saying you haven't/aren't going to buy one yet. Perhaps it's time you just go buy your hot tub. Or go work for Strong Spas perhaps (or do you already? hehe). 8^)

Compare them side by side to some other brands to see how good they really are. Once you look you may find that there are other brands that are better.

Yep, that's the other reason I went. There were about 7 other spa manufacturers there. Some of the tubs for $8-10k of course were amazing, (lighted jets, tv's, more jets, millions of features), but aren't in my budget. The reason I haven't purchased yet is Strong doesn't have an acrylic 4 person spa. They have a 2-3 person, then a 8 person. I don't have the room for the 8 person, and the 2-3 person is too small. They will next year.

I know strong is more of a mid/lower priced spa, but compared to the others in that price range I think there's is one of the better ones for the money.

Also, the Dynasty spas were pretty nice, but I don't know squat about them.

Roger I'm surprised, it took you to post #3 to slam strong, you are loosing your edge, lol.

Slam Strong???????? Boy, justifying a storng purchase seems to have allot or purchasers of said obsessed. They are a great lower middle end/value tub. Nothing more, nothing less. If you consider that a slam you seem to have a problem.

Compare them side by side to some other brands to see how good they really are. Once you look you may find that there are other brands that are better.

Roger I'm surprised, it took you to post #3 to slam strong, you are loosing your edge, lol.

Slam Strong???????? Boy, justifying a storng purchase seems to have allot or purchasers of said obsessed. They are a great lower middle end/value tub. Nothing more, nothing less. If you consider that a slam you seem to have a problem.

That is NOT a slam. That is good advice for anyone looking at spas at any spa/home show.

That is NOT a slam. That is good advice for anyone looking at spas at any spa/home show.

I too was at the Home Show. I looked at the Strong Spas - nice spas but the sales people reminded me of roadies...

I too was at the Home Show. I looked at the Strong Spas - nice spas but the sales people reminded me of roadies...

Usualy there's an upcharge to buy at a road show even though they say it's on sale! Lots of labor to move in and booth rent all added to the price of the tub.

Usualy there's an upcharge to buy at a road show even though they say it's on sale! Lots of labor to move in and booth rent all added to the price of the tub.

To be fair, the only way to avoid those upcharges is to skip the dealer, skip the road show, skip the internet and buy manufacturer direct.

DK117

PS I did attend a spa show last year while shopping ... roadies about sums it up.

dk117

most of your upper end brands do not sell quote ( factory direct) but buying from a dealer you are in a sense factory direct, no distributor in the middle. there is a peception out there that the home shows are the best place to get a tub,,, low low prices....but as a dealer we now that is not true, in our neck of the woods, you see the same companies at all the shows and have the same price at the shows, as well as in there showrooms. the thing on homeshows is dealers are selling on the fact it is the best time to buy( emotional sale) alot of sales at shows consumers get wrapped up in the fear of lose( price) so they do not shop around.....but then there are consumers who go to the shows and go to the dealers as well. that is were most will see how each dealer prices..and as for msrp. most brands put that out...and yes we do not sell at this price. but if anyone can do math and percentages, and someone is selling you a spa thats ( normally) 9,000.00 and the (sale price is 3-4 k less than tagged price. should be able to figure out the have over inflated the retail to make the sale price better. IMO... we do not put a retail price, we show are best price we could do. so its just going to depend on each dealer on how they price....again this is my opinion...