Weir Gates And Filters

hrustar

My hot tub has a weir gate that restricts water flow into the filter area, but I'm not sure why. What would happen if the gate was removed. I don't really mind the gate, but it is a bit noisy. I wish they had added rubber grommets to the hinges to silnce it.

Small objects / contaminents are pulled into the filter area by the pump(s). The gate prevents these from re-entering the tub. Therefore if you remove the gate you'll probably see a deterioration in water quality.

The weir is designed to have the skimmer draw just the top couple inches of water thus creating a skimming action. There are those here that will disagree, and say that it is solely for the reasons mentioned in the first reply. So i will say that the weir is designed for both. You can take it out with no problems as long as you know the consequences.

The weir is designed to have the skimmer draw just the top couple inches of water thus creating a skimming action. There are those here that will disagree, and say that it is solely for the reasons mentioned in the first reply. So i will say that the weir is designed for both. You can take it out with no problems as long as you know the consequences.

this is common problem with some spa manufactures. If never run the spa without a filter you remove the door of wedge it down in the open position. Spa pumps can skim the water without it.

this is common problem with some spa manufactures. If never run the spa without a filter you remove the door of wedge it down in the open position. Spa pumps can skim the water without it.

Yeah, i guess you don't need any help with skimming in a hot tub.... Forgot where i was.