Whats New For Hot Tubs In 2010

dirty

whats is new for the different brands of spas accessorys add ons technology?

Nothing really popped out at me as really good addition for 2010. The advancement is spas has to slow down there is only so much that can be done with them, LED Lighting was the last big neat thing.

I think as time goes on a variable speed pumps will be used by everyone, Salt systems will be used more (even though I still think it is a fad) A better UV purification device will come about were water will pass through a chamber to cleaned. Right now I only know of Maax Spas offering this.

Nothing really popped out at me as really good addition for 2010. The advancement is spas has to slow down there is only so much that can be done with them, LED Lighting was the last big neat thing.

I think as time goes on a variable speed pumps will be used by everyone, Salt systems will be used more (even though I still think it is a fad) A better UV purification device will come about were water will pass through a chamber to cleaned. Right now I only know of Maax Spas offering this.

And who is to say it is even doing anything other than offering a sales angle on Maxx

www.deltauv.com - off the shelf technology, been around for ponds and aquaria for years. they market a spa-specific product line.

And who is to say it is even doing anything other than offering a sales angle on Maxx

You're on to something. UV doesn't oxidize organics like ozone does. UV attacks the critters in the water passing through the chamber. But a tub with proper sanitation should be sterile in the first place. UV works in aquaria and pond applications where a sanitizer is a no-no and some level of biodiversity in the water (both livestock and bacteria to drive the nitrogen cycle) is a good thing. These aren't the kind of guys I will ever want to share my soak with though. If something is growing in the tub it's to late.

As for the next big thing- I'm ready for laser lighting effects, salt, and/or automated sanitation systems based on ORP levels.

As for the next big thing- I'm ready for laser lighting effects, salt, and/or automated sanitation systems based on ORP levels.

I've thought of this as well. It would be awesome if you could just load the chemicals into a chamber and a system would automatically balance and sanitize the water... kind of like some of the new washers and dishwasers. Just fill the resevoir and run the machine for a couple months.

Not really up on whats available in 09 but the wife sure would like to be able to call home and raise the spas temp to 102 on her 25 min commute so it is ready if she has a chill.

I know this is available as a whole house system but any spa specific add on you can call from a cell phone?

How about an adjustable seat where you can sit in each chair and custom fit the seat position so your neck is just where you want the water level and then some movable jet arms to give you a more 3D massage instead of just the backs of everything. Adjustable In the seat lighting to highlight some important things.

Any folks want to hire me for my design ideas just get in line.

Neat idea elksi, a recliner for one of the seats would be great. You can leave it in the upright position if there are more people in the tub, relax a bit if you're the only one. It would require a bit of engineering but shouldn't be too complicated. You'd get the best of both worlds, a recliner without using up 2 seats.