Used Arctic Spa Cub Model

paxthar

Got a chance to buy an Arctic Spa Cub model, seats six, lounger, bout 20 or so jets. Serial Number plate says it was built June of 2000. It appears to have an ozonator, and aromatherapy option as far as I could see. Owner says it has always been professionally winterized and everything works. I'm in Manitoba, and currently the tub is unhooked and winterized. The owner is willing to sell the Tub, GFI breaker, wiring and breaker for the inside panel for $1300 Canadian. The cabinet is red cedar, and needs a bit of work, but the owner says everything mechanical is working fine, she has always had it professionally winterized and has only used it in the summer. She is willing guarantee that it will work when I get it home.

The tub has a cover that seems in good shape, and the inside of the tub looks good except for what looks like black spots of mold or sludge, they wiped off easy when I was checking out the tub.

Any info on this tub or comment on the price is appreciated....

Thanks

Got a chance to buy an Arctic Spa Cub model, seats six, lounger, bout 20 or so jets. Serial Number plate says it was built June of 2000. It appears to have an ozonator, and aromatherapy option as far as I could see. Owner says it has always been professionally winterized and everything works. I'm in Manitoba, and currently the tub is unhooked and winterized. The owner is willing to sell the Tub, GFI breaker, wiring and breaker for the inside panel for $1300 Canadian. The cabinet is red cedar, and needs a bit of work, but the owner says everything mechanical is working fine, she has always had it professionally winterized and has only used it in the summer. She is willing guarantee that it will work when I get it home.

The tub has a cover that seems in good shape, and the inside of the tub looks good except for what looks like black spots of mold or sludge, they wiped off easy when I was checking out the tub.

Thanks

Its a no Brainer, send me the phone number and I will buy it.

Thanks

Its a no Brainer, send me the phone number and I will buy it.

Hey give me the number, I would of already sold it for more money

I would offer $500 Canadian tops! You have no idea how long this spa will last and have no warranty to fall back on. It could fail the first month you have it or last ten more years. It is a guess as to the amount of use versus the repairs needed.

At this price even if it cost you another 1000 dollars and you get 5-10 years, still a great tub, stop by or call a Arctic dealer and talk to them about it, I'm sure they will answer any questions you have,

I would offer $500 Canadian tops! You have no idea how long this spa will last and have no warranty to fall back on. It could fail the first month you have it or last ten more years. It is a guess as to the amount of use versus the repairs needed.

I generally agree, pricing for older spas is all about condition but in general $1300 for a 9 yr old spa is not a steal. Depending on condition maybe its worth that but without it operating I wouldn't buy it and the key to buying any used spa is to see it in operation.

I know the poster said "She is willing guarantee that it will work when I get it home." but I'd like to see it operating at her place first or have something in writing that I can return it in 30 days if unsatisfied if I'm really going to go by the owner guarantee.

I generally agree, pricing for older spas is all about condition but in general $1300 for a 9 yr old spa is not a steal. Depending on condition maybe its worth that but without it operating I wouldn't buy it and the key to buying any used spa is to see it in operation.

I know the poster said "She is willing guarantee that it will work when I get it home." but I'd like to see it operating at her place first or have something in writing that I can return it in 30 days if unsatisfied if I'm really going to go by the owner guarantee.

I couldn’t agree more. I responded to this same thread on the other forum, and that is when I thought it was seven years old. I wouldn't buy any used spa without seeing it running unless it was free. Even if they will guarantee it, what happens if you get it to your house and it all hooked up, and there are problems? Do you then move it back to the other house, or does the original owner pay for repairs. I have seen it before on older spas, that sometimes they were fine when they were winterized, but then when you open them back up, a pump will be locked up, or the heater went bad, etc. Just make sure you have all you ducks in a row before you buy it.

Spoke with a local Arctic dealer, he said they had a couple used 9 year old spa's for around 4000 bucks. Seems a lot for a tub that's ten years old. But he said that they had all the parts I would need if I needed them and that for $1300 it was a good buy considering I"m getting the breakers, wiring and cover. I think I'm gonna go for it and we'll see what happens!! Gotta jump onto the spa train some time!!

Spoke with a local Arctic dealer, he said they had a couple used 9 year old spa's for around 4000 bucks. Seems a lot for a tub that's ten years old. But he said that they had all the parts I would need if I needed them and that for $1300 it was a good buy considering I"m getting the breakers, wiring and cover. I think I'm gonna go for it and we'll see what happens!! Gotta jump onto the spa train some time!!

That may seem a bit high for a 9 or 10 year old spa to sell for $4k but they would have refurbed it and I could see them getting close to that if it was in good shape and refurbed very well. At the same time you can't compare the price a dealer will get for a refurbed spa that will generally come with an in-store warranty and will be delivered to buying a spa from an owner for $1300 that is not operating and you have to go get it yourself and hope all goes well. That's kind of like comparing apples and oranges, or at least apples and pineapples.

I'm just wondering though, for the price the person is asking, they are also including the CGFI Breaker and about 50 to 60 ft of wire and the breaker for the house. This has got to be worth something. I priced it out and to go buy this stuff would be adding another 300 dollars at least to the price. Am I correct in this assumption?

I'm just wondering though, for the price the person is asking, they are also including the CGFI Breaker and about 50 to 60 ft of wire and the breaker for the house. This has got to be worth something. I priced it out and to go buy this stuff would be adding another 300 dollars at least to the price. Am I correct in this assumption?

Sure its worth something but its meaningless if the spa ends up being a headache. I've said it a few hundred times on this website, I would never buy a used spa that I could not personally inspect while it is in operation.

Well that's the thing, I don't have the money for a new tub, not even a good used one. I have a budget of about $1500 initially and then from there I can afford repairs as they come. The owner has assured me that all is in working order, and that I will have no problems with the tub. If I do, that's when I call her up and tell her that there is a problem and we need to figure out a solution. I'm really wanting this tub as there isn't many used tubs for sale in my area at this price range, and it is a decent brand name, and there is a dealer close to me if I need help. I figure the worst that is wrong is a pump, which is about 500 bucks or I can rebuild it myself as I tend to be a handy kinda guy....

Seems like you have pretty much made up your mind. I really do wish you luck.

I am just the type person that would rather do without for a while & save for a new one from a reputable dealer. That is what I would suggest anyone to do, but plenty do not and things turn out fine.

Please keep us posted!

Spoke with the Arctic dealer again, said for $75 they will wet test it for me before I install it in my yard. So while I have it on a trailer I am going to take it there and then make sure it is all ship shape before taking it home.

Now that's a good idea and 75 well spent.